100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Down The Pub (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Got some class? (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51530)

HOS 27-01-2017 07:23 PM

Got some class?

Can't knock her technique :D
Pure class !
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...stole-12481588

Friar Tuck 28-01-2017 06:12 AM

Serves the buggers right for just handing over the cash! Looks just like another up market greasy spoon that serves food on unhygienic wooden chopping boards.....

Sir Ewok 28-01-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662820)
Serves the buggers right for just handing over the cash! Looks just like another up market greasy spoon that serves food on unhygienic wooden chopping boards.....

Wood is a very hygienic plate as it is generally self sanitizing. That's why old fashioned butchers used a wooden chopping block as it was sterile and the wood continued to keep itself sterile after a clean down......:p

HOS 28-01-2017 01:49 PM

Then this one caught my eye.... Bold as brass ? :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38761492

You've got to hand it to people haven't you?

HOS 28-01-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662820)

They're chucking these grill food joints up all over the place here.
Any style of food you like, it all comes from the same processing plants.

Friar Tuck 29-01-2017 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662829)

Some times I wish I had the brass neck even to think such a scam up! When the chinese olympics was about to launxh and the Chinese government were buying up anything stainless/brass/copper/plywood sheets for building their olympics stadiums everything went sky rocket on the open market making it hard to get anything commercially. I know as I was an engineering buyer then and anything made form these raw materials just sky rocket in price. People were actually buying copper tubing from the like of B&Q etc. and taking it straight around to the scrappies and getting a better deal from them and making a good profit. This waswhen the scrappies paid you cash and didin't ask too many questions as to the validity of the source of the material being flogged!

Friar Tuck 29-01-2017 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 662824)
Wood is a very hygienic plate as it is generally self sanitizing. That's why old fashioned butchers used a wooden chopping block as it was sterile and the wood continued to keep itself sterile after a clean down......:p

I'll take your word on that but I still don't like the idea of having some vaguely washed bit of lettuce and a something that barely would scrape through the food standards agency idea of cleanliness being served up to me on a bit of wood that probably barely saw a washing machine or washed up in day old washing up water!

The butcher would always wash down and scrub the chopping block after being used. The Butchers I knew did anyway.

Sir Ewok 29-01-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662835)
I'll take your word on that but I still don't like the idea of having some vaguely washed bit of lettuce and a something that barely would scrape through the food standards agency idea of cleanliness being served up to me on a bit of wood that probably barely saw a washing machine or washed up in day old washing up water!

The butcher would always wash down and scrub the chopping block after being used. The Butchers I knew did anyway.

It seems to be the thing nowadays to serve food on totally inappropriate plates, I heard of one top restaurant serving food on shovels. I think if they tried that with me I would get up and walk out. Most food places need a food hygiene certificate and although they can't be monitored all the time food poisoning is not good for business....

If you have eaten in a Nigerian restaurant, then you can eat anywhere.....:p

harry 29-01-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 662840)
It seems to be the thing nowadays to serve food on totally inappropriate plates, I heard of one top restaurant serving food on shovels. I think if they tried that with me I would get up and walk out. Most food places need a food hygiene certificate and although they can't be monitored all the time food poisoning is not good for business....

I've eaten food cooked on a shovel but it was on a steam loco. That's all part of the fun.

But in a cafe no ta.

HOS 29-01-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662834)
Some times I wish I had the brass neck even to think such a scam up! When the chinese olympics was about to launxh and the Chinese government were buying up anything stainless/brass/copper/plywood sheets for building their olympics stadiums everything went sky rocket on the open market making it hard to get anything commercially. I know as I was an engineering buyer then and anything made form these raw materials just sky rocket in price. People were actually buying copper tubing from the like of B&Q etc. and taking it straight around to the scrappies and getting a better deal from them and making a good profit. This waswhen the scrappies paid you cash and didin't ask too many questions as to the validity of the source of the material being flogged!

There are people out there who are very shrewd at seeing an opportunity and making money very fast when an opportunity arises. Very sharp people. At the end of the day the biggest cheats and scammers are the politicians and their paymasters the super rich.
They work very big fast ones as a perk of their privilidged status.
Ahh but the man on the street can't.

HOS 29-01-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 662840)

How do you like your bushmeat steak cooked sir? :D

Friar Tuck 30-01-2017 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662848)

Road kill anyone?

Friar Tuck 30-01-2017 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662847)
There are people out there who are very shrewd at seeing an opportunity and making money very fast when an opportunity arises. Very sharp people. At the end of the day the biggest cheats and scammers are the politicians and their paymasters the super rich.

Trump is pretty good at this....

Sir Ewok 30-01-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry (Post 662845)
I've eaten food cooked on a shovel but it was on a steam loco. That's all part of the fun.

But in a cafe no ta.

Exactly, a time and place for everything......

HOS 30-01-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662857)
Trump is pretty good at this....

To be fair they are all repugnant.
Clinton accusing Trump of child rape, Trump accusing both Clinton's
of the same. It's a horror story. Tbh
Hideous people.

Congress has asked the FBI for all the data from Clinton's servers to do their own investigation seeing as Carney refused to act on the clearly indictable offenses.
Who is on who's payroll?

Sir Ewok 31-01-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662847)

Would love to bank offshore to avoid taxes and get rich for doing feck all, but I was not a politician.......

Sir Ewok 31-01-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662848)

My steak was still bleeding when they delivered it in the Wild West themed restaurant in Lagos. Sent it back double sharp as it was still probably full of dodgy insects and worms etc.....:eek:

HOS 31-01-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 662882)
My steak was still bleeding when they delivered it in the Wild West themed restaurant in Lagos. Sent it back double sharp as it was still probably full of dodgy insects and worms etc.....:eek:

I worked with a guy who worked out in Nigeria for a year or two.
He delighted in telling me stories about what life was like in Lagos.
I was 20 years old at the time.

HOS 31-01-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 662881)
Would love to bank offshore to avoid taxes and get rich for doing feck all, but I was not a politician.......

Politicians / criminals..... interchangeable job titles.
Money would be good but not their lifestyle.
Ooh no no no. Funny clubs and secret societies and small children.

Friar Tuck 01-02-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 662881)

You are forgetting our Ewokandtuck Banking Group, Off shore branches at Isle of Sheppey, and Isle of Dogs.....

Sir Ewok 01-02-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662885)
I worked with a guy who worked out in Nigeria for a year or two.
He delighted in telling me stories about what life was like in Lagos.
I was 20 years old at the time.

Worked in Nigeria for six months in 79-80 and I went back a few times on holiday...Not your usual destination. Also had a months holiday in Ethiopia and only had $100.......for two of us.

HOS 01-02-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 662894)
Worked in Nigeria for six months in 79-80 and I went back a few times on holiday...Not your usual destination. Also had a months holiday in Ethiopia and only had $100.......for two of us.

Goa is another place where you can live for very little money.
As long as you know the usual traveller rules it's a beautiful place.

Friar Tuck 02-02-2017 06:20 AM

Dems places has snakes! No way Jose!

Sir Ewok 02-02-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662900)
Dems places has snakes! No way Jose!

So does England, more commonly known as Ewokandtuck.com .....:D

Strider 04-02-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662829)

More fool Aldi for not asking for the receipt :D

No receipt, no refund, I've took the odd bit of stuff back and no issue at all IF you have the receipt which I did, or if you pay by card

HOS 05-02-2017 09:09 PM

Small fry compared to the JLR heist at Solihull. :o
Not once but twice in the same night.
It's only just come out the same stunt was pulled three years ago at the same plant.

Strider 05-02-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662932)
Small fry compared to the JLR heist at Solihull. :o
Not once but twice in the same night.
It's only just come out the same stunt was pulled three years ago at the same plant.

Just googled that ........ waiting for the film to be made. :D

I remember some bikes being taken at a BMF show a few years ago, they just wheeled them away from the stands and they went into the back of a van and then drove away with them

Friar Tuck 06-02-2017 06:09 AM

The JLR jobbie is not a new idea. Years ago I use to live in Romford, and A local scrappie I knew got involved in a Ford rip off at Dagenham. basically he would put skips into various parts of the Ford plant, then the bottom of the skip would be filled with al wheels, radios, etc, then covered with a tarp, then swarf over the booty. The skip would be emptied on a daily basis, and even though the skip would be weighed in and out the security didn't even bother to check the contents as it was deemed waste material. this went on for several years by all acounts and a number of scrap merchants went down after someone squealed in exchange for a let off and a fine when the scam eventually came to light!