100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Showroom (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   3 wheels but not quite a trike !!!!!! (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51494)

Friar Tuck 27-07-2017 05:03 AM

Drums of water now? You are now going way beyond the technicalities of this forum I can tell you!

moblow 27-07-2017 12:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
trouble is i get worse as it progresses and keep thinking fitting an air brake like on a bugatti veyron would be a right piss take :)
could have a picture of olive off that program on the buses custom painted into the brake so it shows evrytime i hit the anchors or alternatively add a piano for passenger comfort haha just hope mine stays on lol
here pics of sidecar attatchement holders being made just another four to go and then polish them properly
anthony

Tricky-Dicky 27-07-2017 06:19 PM

By the look of all those fixtures and fittings going on, your going to need V8 power to shift the thing.:D

Friar Tuck 28-07-2017 06:23 AM

I've forgotten what engine you are going to use now.....

SS2 28-07-2017 11:37 AM

Triumph Sprint 900 Triple innit?

Friar Tuck 29-07-2017 05:38 AM

Ah!.... Was one of them then?

SS2 30-07-2017 07:25 PM

One of these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Sprint_900

Friar Tuck 31-07-2017 04:56 AM

Nah! Looks nuffink like wot he's building!

SS2 01-08-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 664572)
Nah! Looks nuffink like wot he's building!

:D:D:D:rolleyes:

moblow 03-08-2017 03:32 PM

vrooooooooooom

hi all and yes it is a triumph 900 trident that i added a fairing too making it a sprint, it did have this chair on in a standard format with bike wheels and squire trailer suspension and it didnt make much difference to performance as it would still go well past a ton..........yeah on private roads lol
i'v altered the gearing so top end will be down but still have enough pull to give us some fun, sidecars are just one of those things that i have owned a few of and you certainly need a sense of humour to ride one haha
on with the fun and next week will see chair fitted properly as all bits are nearly made now
anthony

Friar Tuck 04-08-2017 05:11 AM

Moblow, do you do this for a living or just a hobby?

moblow 07-08-2017 03:45 PM

if i done this for a living friar tuck i would dread to think the cost to build this thing, i'v always had a bike project burning in the background along with a standard bike.
certainly would change a few things if i built another one hmmmmm get saving for a busa lol
keep smiling everyone and nearly made all linkages yeah its mating time
anthony

Friar Tuck 08-08-2017 04:42 AM

I envy your engineering skill for a hobby!

moblow 27-09-2017 03:37 PM

more done at last

3 Attachment(s)
hi all
been a bit off the project with house buying, holidays and some lost time through injury but outfit is free of straps and supports now sitting as it should be all set up, i have two more attachement points i can use but havent as i think four will probably be enough and have started tig welding exaust and machining clamps in stainless now but heres how its sitting today and you can see anti roll bar linkage i built for sidecar and have started machining brace to attatch to bike swingarm..........hopefully will all stay nice and level when blasting lol
on with the fun
anthony

Friar Tuck 28-09-2017 05:14 AM

House buying?...Good luck!

HOS 19-03-2018 10:05 PM

Hi moblow, hows the outfit coming on? Any progress?

Friar Tuck 20-03-2018 07:36 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about this one....

HOS 20-03-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 667192)
Oh yeah, I forgot about this one....

He doesn't do this for a living either :cool: I hope he comes back for an update.

Friar Tuck 21-03-2018 07:44 AM

I was sneaky, and as Admin for the forum I got his email and dropped a lne to him asking how he is getting on with it....

HOS 21-03-2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 667233)
I was sneaky, and as Admin for the forum I got his email and dropped a lne to him asking how he is getting on with it....

Well done Friar :)

Friar Tuck 25-03-2018 07:19 AM

I've had a reply from Moblow, and he's sorry for not getting back but he's had a few issues that he's sorted now, and he'll get back to posting some updates in the next week or so.

moblow 25-03-2018 09:09 AM

thanks friar tuck

4 Attachment(s)
sorry i disappeared and yes had some issues that have gone on throughout the last few years of quite a bad nature at times but here is where iv got to so far and its nearly ready to run again yeah :)
iv added the last two chair attachments and also made the exhaust downpipes and just finished machining a flange to split the exhaust that hopefully will allow it to be removed easily for welding properly...........the chair brake assembly is made and mounted along with the anti roll bar linkage so at the moment the end is certainly getting nearer.
in the next week i should actually have the sidecar body installed and have the chainguard made with radiator and battery added i will be moving on to running the old girl.
once again many thanks friar tuck for reaching out to me at a quite dark period of life.......iv just bought a flat and some stuff had reared its head again causing a full on battle stations moment taking my mind off projects but im back on the build again now.
will post updates in about a week when its more together
moses

moblow 25-03-2018 09:23 AM

more build pics

4 Attachment(s)
heres a few more pictures and iv also just had a reducer made for exhaust 3.5" down to 2.5" for the 3 into one bit, i have two exhausts one a race can and one for mot purposes with proper stamps on it :) also have a speedo to fit but thats prob an end of build part.
moses

moblow 25-03-2018 09:50 AM

5 Attachment(s)
more build random pics with exhaust flanges ready to weld on bzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

moblow 25-03-2018 10:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
pictures of anti roll bar from sidecar to bike suspension arm before i put body on so you can follow linkage before its out of sight...........all needs a good wash its got very dirty eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
moses

HOS 25-03-2018 02:25 PM

Hi mowblow, we were hoping you hadn't disappeared, not least because your work is amazing. I wish I had 1/4 of your skills!
Thank you for updating us and please keep posting. I cant wait to see the
outfit running :cool:

Friar Tuck 26-03-2018 04:32 AM

Yes, glad you've got back to us Moblow. And that is some engineering skill there. Especially the use of that most technical tool of all...the hammer!

I think you are going to need a bigger engine matey, with all that framework needing to be hauled around!

harry 26-03-2018 07:47 AM

Some great engineering there. Could we have some pictures from further away showing the whole thing ?

moblow 26-03-2018 01:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
hi all and iv got my special plan b hammer friar tuck :) put some of the exhaust together the weekend and took 3 hours making plate to weld reducer onto eeeeeek these things soak time like a sponge but i reckon body will be fitted next week and iv made a cradle inside chair boot so i can use a nice big car battery :) heres some pics as she sits today
hmmmmmmm a nice v8 engine theres a thought for next refit and if i knew time it would take id scream never again lol
moses

Friar Tuck 27-03-2018 05:04 AM

Your engineering skills are incredible! Do you do engineering for a living?