100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   book (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51488)

Gee 18-12-2016 06:09 PM

book

thinking of a xmass pressy .this is the book .Detailed to the max. Some of the bikes in this book are a work of art
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...psuwpg5ko8.png

amason

Friar Tuck 19-12-2016 06:19 AM

Amason? Funny handshakes all round then....

Ooh, look it's my BIRFDAY on THURSDAY as well.

*Wonder if anyone will get the hint?*

Gee 19-12-2016 07:21 AM

Amazon. As for your birthday present 🍰

HOS 19-12-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee (Post 662350)
thinking of a xmass pressy .this is the book .Detailed to the max. Some of the bikes in this book are a work of art
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...psuwpg5ko8.png

amason

That looks good.
I've got an Arlen Ness bike book here and a couple of other quality custom bike books. They are big picture books, its about my limit :D

Gee 20-12-2016 06:23 PM

pic

good bikes in this book and more better than this
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...psez6whkhc.png

HOS 20-12-2016 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Arlen Ness book, The King of Choppers.

Friar Tuck 21-12-2016 05:42 AM

Blimey! Rhubarb and Custard sweetie wrappers!

whistler 25-12-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662368)
That looks good.
I've got an Arlen Ness bike book here and a couple of other quality custom bike books. They are big picture books, its about my limit :D

I've got this book, it's a great book with lovely pics

HOS 26-12-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whistler (Post 662437)
I've got this book, it's a great book with lovely pics

Yeah its a fantastic book :cool:
I've got a few of that ilk.
Nice to see you on the forum. I hope your Christmas is going well...:)

whistler 27-12-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662441)
Yeah its a fantastic book :cool:
I've got a few of that ilk.
Nice to see you on the forum. I hope your Christmas is going well...:)

Cheers, I've been collecting these type of books since I was a wee biker, built up a good collection myself. Hope you had a good Xmas yourself.

HOS 01-01-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whistler (Post 662451)
Cheers, I've been collecting these type of books since I was a wee biker, built up a good collection myself. Hope you had a good Xmas yourself.

We had a good Xmas thanks. I hope you did too?
Any progress on your bike?

I've collected a fair few bike books myself over the years.
Anything from old British to chops and customs to road racing. 2nd hand book shops are a good source of bike books. Had a few gems for only a couple of quid.

whistler 17-01-2017 09:15 PM

Most of my books are custom bike, Harley related. I also have a load of mc related books. They compliment my cheesy biker movie collection

HOS 17-01-2017 09:37 PM

Ive got a few MC books.
Sonny Barger autobiography.
Maz Harris book "Bikers"
and the HA book with mostly photographs from a only a few years ago.
Got some unofficial books about MC too.

Sir Ewok 18-01-2017 12:47 PM

Got rakes of reference books for military motorcycles and a brilliant true life story 'Hot motors, cold feet' by Helmut Gunther. If you are interested in WW2 history or motorcycling in general it is a fascinating read, being a Despatch rider with the SS-Division 'Reich' in Russia amongst other stories. I also have books on the Angels, Black back patch groups and bikes in film. Like my music, my reading is quite eclectic.

Helmut's autobiography (or part one translated into English) was still available on Amazon a couple of years ago for those who may be interested.

whistler 18-01-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662724)
Ive got a few MC books.
Sonny Barger autobiography.
Maz Harris book "Bikers"
and the HA book with mostly photographs from a only a few years ago.
Got some unofficial books about MC too.

I've got a few biographies and autobiographies featuring a lot of the major, a less so back batch clubs. The ex HA prez, George Christies is a good one

Friar Tuck 19-01-2017 06:21 AM

I remember in the early 70's an book that was banned at our school for reading it and that was titled "Chopper" (and one would get detention and have it confiscated by the teachers if found with it, it was a private boarding school, so that would explain the hard attitude towards the book! So the book was deemed must read amongst us boarders. the copy that went around got well thumbed, almost as much as a copy of playboy, Mayfair, or Men Only!!

Sir Ewok 19-01-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662738)
I remember in the early 70's an book that was banned at our school for reading it and that was titled "Chopper" (and one would get detention and have it confiscated by the teachers if found with it, it was a Borstal, so that would explain the hard attitude towards the book! So the book was deemed must read amongst us boarders. the copy that went around got well thumbed, almost as much as a copy of playboy, Mayfair, or Men Only!!

FTFY!...................:p

whistler 19-01-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662738)
I remember in the early 70's an book that was banned at our school for reading it and that was titled "Chopper" (and one would get detention and have it confiscated by the teachers if found with it, it was a private boarding school, so that would explain the hard attitude towards the book! So the book was deemed must read amongst us boarders. the copy that went around got well thumbed, almost as much as a copy of playboy, Mayfair, or Men Only!!

I've got it, it's very reflective of the time, not aged well.

HOS 30-01-2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whistler (Post 662747)

That's a very fair comment. I think I was 12 when I read Chopper and there were several other similar paperbacks getting dog eared in our school satchels.

I've also got quite a large collection of alternative books spanning several decades about UFOs and ETs.
I've had some interesting encounters over the years which defy any logic or reason. Not for the faint hearted though.

Friar Tuck 31-01-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 662743)
FTFY!...................:p

You weren't far off there Matey! Gosfield Private Borstal for Boys! most of the kids were there because the dad's were in the forces. That was when we had an Army, Navy and Air Force based around the world! And the rivalry and bullying was rife!

Friar Tuck 31-01-2017 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whistler (Post 662747)

I don't think any Playboy, Mayfair, or Men Only would have aged very well! :p:D

Friar Tuck 31-01-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 662871)
That's a very fair comment. I think I was 12 when I read Chopper and there were several other similar paperbacks getting dog eared in our school satchels.

I've also got quite a large collection of alternative books spanning several decades about UFOs and ETs.
I've had some interesting encounters over the years which defy any logic or reason. Not for the faint hearted though.

I think if there were any ET's in Area 51 they would be dead ones. Because any intelligent life form that could travel across the universe and land on Earth to observe, they would definately have the ability to claok themelves AKA the Klingons, Romulans etc....

HOS 31-01-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662876)
I think if there were any ET's in Area 51 they would be dead ones. Because any intelligent life form that could travel across the universe and land on Earth to observe, they would definately have the ability to claok themelves AKA the Klingons, Romulans etc....

Anything is possible Friar.
I've never seen any cloaked craft :D :)

Friar Tuck 01-02-2017 07:01 AM

Not a lot of others have either I dont think...

HOS 01-02-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 662892)
Not a lot of others have either I dont think...

They have developed cloaking technology in Japan.

https://youtu.be/PD83dqSfC0Y