100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Triumph bobber? (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51458)

HOS 25-10-2016 11:06 PM

Triumph bobber?

What d'you think ?
A factory custom bobber...... eh?

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/...neville-bobber

Whats the damage to put one of those in your bike shed?

Friar Tuck 26-10-2016 04:45 AM

Oh Yes! Oooh Yesss!

Triumph must have a new designer......

Biker Buster 26-10-2016 07:39 AM

Aye it's tasty that is.

Peirre 26-10-2016 09:50 AM

Where are the hipsters going to put their chocolatteexpressodecaf coffee cups then while cruising around town? ...... in the OEM triumph coffee cup holder of course.:rolleyes:
Meanwhile the rest of us are wondering where we're gonna strap the luggage and camping gear for a weekends rallying or a couple of weeks touring around Europe without ruining the paintwork :rolleyes:

SS2 26-10-2016 11:56 AM

It's definately got potential and I like it a lot more than most factory attempts. Some really neat features dotted around it. Only thing I really don't like is the floating seat but I've seen a different version which looked more in keeping with the rest of the bike. The hipster crowd are mostly young enough to get away with mexican blankets and rucksacks full of beer Peirre, they'll either lap it up or leave it for us old farts and stick to their genuine classics.

strima 26-10-2016 12:06 PM

All I need now is a disused aircraft hangar to set a bar up in and some fit birds...

I would like to see one in the flesh but it does look a shit load beter than most factory attempts.

HOS 26-10-2016 07:16 PM

I don't like the ride-by-wire and I'm persoanlly dead set against it.
Yes it is about controling the bike, but ride-by-wire is about someone else or some other technology controlling the throttle.
aka speed restrictions.

Friar Tuck 27-10-2016 03:08 AM

Didn't know about that, ride by wire bit...I suppose a quick transfer over to throttle cables would be out of the question, I expect.

HOS 27-10-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 661882)
Didn't know about that, ride by wire bit...I suppose a quick transfer over to throttle cables would be out of the question, I expect.

For me its even more fundamental ;)
I would want to buld my own bobber or buy one half done and finish it to my taste.

But I don't like the sneaky progress of electronic controls on bikes.

Friar Tuck 28-10-2016 05:27 AM

Look at cars...self parking, now experimenting with self drive. natural progression to auto speed limits next.

HOS 28-10-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 661890)
Look at cars...self parking, now experimenting with self drive. natural progression to auto speed limits next.

Its all part of this nannying whereby they take away peoples opportunity of learning how to do it themselves.
I guess a lot of us on the forum are fairly self reliant, but the state wants people who are reliant on the state.

My first car had no power stearing, servo assisted brakes had just come in.
It had mamual winders for the windows, a push/pull choke button with cable operation. It had no radio or ariel and crossply tires.

Making a retro with modern high technology doesn't ring true with me hence my comment about building my own bobber or custom bike generally.
I'm sure Triumph will sell them as long as they don't pitch the price too high.
The current T120 is almost 10 grand :eek:

Strider 28-10-2016 11:13 AM

What about all the shit on road bikes as well .......... launch control, anti wheelie control, slipper clutches, traction control, cruise control. I think most of the beemers now have servo brakes as well. I always though that was learnt with throttle and clutch control

AND WHERE DO YOU PUT THE TENT!!! (and pillion for that matter)

The ABS I dont mind, got it on my present bike and had it on an old FJ1200, I think it only got used less than the numbers of fingers on one hand but useful at the time.

Karla 23-11-2016 08:54 AM

Amazing choice!
I really like this bike!

Friar Tuck 24-11-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla (Post 662093)
Amazing choice!
I really like this bike!

Welcome to the forum Karla, it would be nice if you introduced yourself to us by filling in the User CP up on the left hand side there, and tell us bit about yourself like what you ride, where you come from, what you do for a living, how much you earn (just in case we need a loan!), coz we is nosey like that and we get all excited when a newbie shows up and talks to us....

whistler 27-12-2016 10:36 PM

The new triumph bobber is a nice bike by far. It'll be either an ideal base to customise, or ideal for those who just want a ready made custom. For me the only thing missing is a Harley engine in the frame.