100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shows and Meets (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Race, Rock and Ride @ Santa Pod (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51195)

HOS 19-02-2016 08:30 AM

Race, Rock and Ride @ Santa Pod

A brand new bike event at Santa Pod this spring :cool:
From Satdee the 21st to sunday the 22nd. Its a weekend do but you can buy day passes.

There are bands and evening entertainement.......... I think there might be some beer as well?
A lot of stuff going on that weekend !! Fireforce will be there, the jet car.
Stunters, monster trucks and shed loads more.
We will defenitely be going its our local track.
13 for a day pass takes the piss !!! :cool:

The main website is down at the moment but I will add it in later.

HOS 19-02-2016 08:37 AM

Santa Pod.

Santa Pod Raceway
Airfield Road
Podington
Wellingborough
Northants
NN29 7XA

http://www.santapod.co.uk/g_find.php

M1 Junction 15 and take the A45 to Wellingborough, then take the A509 and follow the signs for Santa Pod.

M1 Junction 14 and take the A509 towards Welingborough and then follow signs for Santa Pod.

The signs for thje Pod are the usual brown tourist attraction type signs.

HOS 22-02-2016 06:25 PM

The Official website.

http://www.racerockride.co.uk/

BikerGran 22-02-2016 09:13 PM

Too far for me but I'd say 13 for a day ticket is one thing, what's really taking the piss is " booking fee of 2 per ticket and postage fee of 3 per order".

Friar Tuck 23-02-2016 06:27 AM

I'm with you on that Bobbi, there is no justification for overcharging.

HOS 25-02-2016 08:47 PM

The 3 postage charge is easily avoided by having the tickets emailed to you for your to print off at home. That's how we do it.
I hear what you say about the 2 booking fee. But they are upfront about it. Even at 14 each it's a hell of a days worth of petrol entertainment.

When we go to the FIA European drag racing finals it works out about 80 each including grandstand seats. But the racing is worth every penny. Top fuelers are something you need to see once in your life. :)

BikerGran 25-02-2016 11:05 PM

I've been to Shakey a few times and tbh I like wandering round the paddock and looking at the cars and chatting to all the friendly peeps as much, if not more than watching the racing!

Friar Tuck 26-02-2016 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 658951)
The 3 postage charge is easily avoided by having the tickets emailed to you for your to print off at home. That's how we do it.
I hear what you say about the 2 booking fee. But they are upfront about it. Even at 14 each it's a hell of a days worth of petrol entertainment.

When we go to the FIA European drag racing finals it works out about 80 each including grandstand seats. But the racing is worth every penny. Top fuelers are something you need to see once in your life. :)

Be careful about that downloading to email. Some companies are even beginning to charge for that! I kid you not!

HOS 26-02-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 658955)
Be careful about that downloading to email. Some companies are even beginning to charge for that! I kid you not!

Indeed Friar, most companies are getting more inventive in their ways of taking money from you. The use of premium rate phone lines is one example.

Friar Tuck 27-02-2016 06:18 AM

How the hell they have the nerve to charge you for using your own printer, ink and paper, is beyond me! Personally I'd rather pay on the door if I want to go at all and get ripped off!

At least Ewokandtuk Enterprises Inc. are upfront about ripping off! you pay we take the money and run! (Well hobble actually, it's an age thing!)

HOS 12-05-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BikerGran (Post 658954)
I've been to Shakey a few times and tbh I like wandering round the paddock and looking at the cars and chatting to all the friendly peeps as much, if not more than watching the racing!

Thats exactly what we enjoy, walking round the pits and the sights and sounds.
We will be going at the weekend for certain if the weather is dry. :cool:

I hope Shakey survives, but they are hell bent on turning it into a housing estate.

HOS 22-05-2016 07:54 PM

I didn't go on Satdee because the weather was shit.
This morning I was too fucked up and angry so we went and sat by a river in peace and tranquility with a picnic. AWAY from people.
Sometimes thats what I have to do.

Friar Tuck 23-05-2016 05:19 AM

And sometimes that is all that it needs to calm things down, and put your world to rights...

BikerGran 23-05-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 660231)
we went and sat by a river in peace and tranquility with a picnic. AWAY from people.
Sometimes thats what I have to do.

Running water is wonderful - we are fortunate that our neighbours have a pond with a waterfall so we only need to go out in the garden.......

.............. and breeeeeeeeeeathe...........................

HOS 25-05-2016 11:30 AM

Thanks both of you :)

I think you know how it is sometimes.
All injury related......
Have good days and bad days.
On very bad days my little lady locks me in the bike garage and feeds me thin pizza under the door :o

Friar Tuck 26-05-2016 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOS (Post 660258)
Thanks both of you :)

I think you know how it is sometimes.
All injury related......
Have good days and bad days.
On very bad days my little lady locks me in the bike garage and feeds me thin pizza under the door :o

Now that made me larf! Your lady certainly knows how to treat you...

HOS 27-05-2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck (Post 660271)
Now that made me larf! Your lady certainly knows how to treat you...

She is a very lovely lady, but I wouldn't mess with her ;)
She's a biker and good with her fists..... or a pool cue :D
I can't abide weak people so we get on very well.

gilberts 12-01-2017 11:21 PM

snat pod

Mybe you will find new santa Pod.

Friar Tuck 13-01-2017 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilberts (Post 662672)
Mybe you will find new santa Pod.

You are not making sense..... I've already banned your private message for posting spam! Any more and I ban you!