100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Im Back...New bike :-) (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44115)

Suzukiron 18-03-2011 07:38 PM

Im Back...New bike :-)

1 Attachment(s)
Ello All...
Im Back!
Its been a while, ive been dealing with my own shit n now things are getting better..

I did alot of thinking n realised i couldnt just jump back on the Buell, its all about accepting the limitations my physical condition brings
I still have acute heart failure, but i have taken the consultants advice n "got back on a bike
I managed to buy a 1997 Suzuki Bandit 600, very clean n only 24k on it n of course its black!!

I went a run down the coast today, and did about 90 miles, Im nackered but so happy...alot of people wrote me off (and just about had me convinced i wouldnt ride a bike again!!) but they were all wrong, so GET IT UP YEAs!!!

OK all im happy to be back in the saddle again :D

Later
Ron
:thumbsu:

PeteHaddock 18-03-2011 07:44 PM

Looks the business that, nice and tidy. Its probably no bad thing you got told so many times you wouldnt ride cos ill bet it helped get you motivated to get back on a bike again!

kidhaf 18-03-2011 07:51 PM

Nothing better than doin what ye love and getting to stick two fingers up at those who say ye canny do that. Bet the grin is feckin huge :D

Suzukiron 18-03-2011 08:00 PM

The grin is huge...:D

I just have to take little steps, but im getting there, 3 years is a long time not to ride ..LOL
And i now have given myself a year to sort the Buell, new battery, gearbox/selector sorted...n then maybe a few "nice" things..

Kinda sensible sizing down i think, the bandit does all i want at a speed i can handle, n it will give me a chance to build up my upper body strength again (my arms are aching...but dam it im goin fer a ride tomoz,,,dont care how much i ache..:thumbsu:

Im gonna live my life as much as i can for as long as i can, the wee bandit is just the start!!

Later
Ron
:thumbsu:

saxman 18-03-2011 09:20 PM

Good for you Ron. :thumbu:

mick2 18-03-2011 09:48 PM

aye go for it, nae point sitting around moping.

harry 18-03-2011 09:52 PM

Well done Ron. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Hope it feels that good when I get back on the road too. :D

Pugwash 18-03-2011 10:11 PM

Well Done Ron , just take things easy mate and enjoy yourself :thumbu:

Conon 18-03-2011 11:47 PM

Good on you Ron, you weren't cut out for triking anyway :thumbsu:

John Hopkins 18-03-2011 11:54 PM

Nice to see you back Ron..Enjoy yourself mate..and if it kills you at least you enjoyed the ride right up to the end..You can't live forever..

spit in deaths eye when he turns up and squeeze every thing you can out of life while you are still around..

Hope to see you on a road sometime.

John.

Beano 18-03-2011 11:56 PM

Fantastic to have you back :D
I felt the same way when I got the pacemaker. I was almost convinced I would never ride again.
Very clean looking bandit too.:thumbsu:

kajir 19-03-2011 05:19 AM

welcome back mate
fuk everything.....ride!

mickturate 19-03-2011 06:41 AM

its what its about, innit?

the ride, riding.

glad you're good enough to do what you do again:thumbsu:

Suzukiron 19-03-2011 08:55 AM

Thanks fer all the good wishes guys...much appreciated..

Gotta admit im fucking aching today, rubbed all over in deep heat, hopefully things will ease by lunchtime...then i think its a wee ride up the coast to largs in the afternoon:D

Just looking out of my window makes me smile...The feeling is amazing.

I know what the turning point was....A few weeks ago a young lady friend phoned me up n said "Do you wanna go n see the stranglers tonite" i said yeah, she said good get yer arse up here we are on the guest list...:D long story short i survived and enjoyed the gig, (another thing i thought i wouldnt be able to cope with) and i realised with the support of my friends i can do anything, wether im registered disabled or not..

so im back...

Ride on guys
Later
Ron
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Pugwash 19-03-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzukiron (Post 606526)
Thanks fer all the good wishes guys...much appreciated..

Gotta admit im fucking aching today, rubbed all over in deep heat, hopefully things will ease by lunchtime...then i think its a wee ride up the coast to largs in the afternoon:D

Just looking out of my window makes me smile...The feeling is amazing.

I know what the turning point was....A few weeks ago a young lady friend phoned me up n said "Do you wanna go n see the stranglers tonite" i said yeah, she said good get yer arse up here we are on the guest list...:D long story short i survived and enjoyed the gig, (another thing i thought i wouldnt be able to cope with) and i realised with the support of my friends i can do anything, wether im registered disabled or not..

so im back...

Ride on guys
Later
Ron
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Ronnie you've allways been Disabled Mentally mate everyone knows that :p

Suzukiron 19-03-2011 09:57 AM

Go feck yersel ya wee english git......:D;)

Grav 19-03-2011 03:15 PM

That's a shiny clitoris you have there, Ron. :D

Good to see you riding again. :)

johnr 19-03-2011 07:13 PM

good for you mate, it must have felt fabulous to be out and about on two wheels again. glad you enjoyed it and many more of them for the future.

John Hopkins 20-03-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav (Post 606548)
That's a shiny clitoris you have there, Ron. :D

Good to see you riding again. :)

Did you just call him a cunt?

John

Nufkamp 20-03-2011 08:51 AM

Well done Ron, they do say a little of what you fancy does you good.
:thumbu: