100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Well hello out there! (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43655)

Davenbert 28-01-2011 09:21 AM

Well hello out there!

Hi
Just a brief intro,
I am a lady (allegedly) of mature years who has been around bikes for more years than I care to remember. (But the memories are good ones!)
Can no longer ride due to bad bones etc:thumbd: but am still active on the bike scene, attending upwards of 40 events a year.:beer2:
Nice to be on a forum where a sense of pride, humour and friendliness is the norm!

Regards and respect to all you out there.:thumbsu:

kidhaf 28-01-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davenbert (Post 602922)
Hi
Just a brief intro,
I am a lady (allegedly) of mature years who has been around bikes for more years than I care to remember. (But the memories are good ones!)
Can no longer ride due to bad bones etc:thumbd: but am still active on the bike scene, attending upwards of 40 events a year.:beer2:
Nice to be on a forum where a sense of pride, humour and friendliness is the norm!

Regards and respect to all you out there.:thumbsu:

Awwwwww cmon we usually get to ask daft questions when new folk join.....so seein as you stole some of our sarccy introductions. Errrr ye single widowed divorced or still serving a sentence :p where ye from and welcome Grav will be along later with some very important questions :thumbu:

Steve D 28-01-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davenbert (Post 602922)
Hi
40 events a year.

No time for much else then?
Hello.

John Hopkins 28-01-2011 02:11 PM

Hi Davenbert,

Welcome to the forum..sorry you can't ride anymore..40 rallies a year must be some sort of record...

With a post like davenbert I thought you must be a man but my second guess has to be either two sons or husband and son..

John

Davenbert 28-01-2011 02:43 PM

Thank you for the welcome.

Yepp 40 + events a year.........just can't keep away and hell a girl has to have a life.

Serving a sentance with much pleasure, don't want parole...pmsl

Would love a trike but as I live in Chav Central nr Caerphilly (its the type of place where they canna spell banjo let alone play it) and have no storage, well you know how it goes. Still who knows what the future will bring, In the meantime am looking for a zimmer frame to rat:D Girls just have to have fun.

Regards and ride safe

Ps Suspect some of you will be aquainted with me from the events calender but we will see

John Hopkins 28-01-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davenbert (Post 602952)
Would love a trike but as I live in Chav Central nr Caerphilly (its the type of place where they canna spell banjo let alone play it) and have no storage, well you know how it goes.

Yeah that is a shame, young kids who think it is a national sport to drop kick wing mirrors and smash windows and then boast about it in the pub..

A trike out in the open wouldn't last one night..

But it's not just your town it's everywhere in Britain..The police aren't interested because there is no money in it..If they arrest a kid with no money and no job it ends up costing the government thousands..if they ignore it, then it costs the owner a few quid and the government nothing...

John.

Wraith 28-01-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Hopkins (Post 602955)

But it's not just your town it's everywhere in Britain..The police aren't interested because there is no money in it..If they arrest a kid with no money and no job it ends up costing the government thousands..if they ignore it, then it costs the owner a few quid and the government nothing...

John.

Also think the "law" in britain has gone soft, there was a thing on the news the other night about how bobbies are too scared to go out on a night, i mean wtf?!

Wraith 28-01-2011 04:37 PM

Oops, hi Davenbert, welcome to the nut house :thumbu:

Steve D 28-01-2011 04:43 PM

Just curious, but how do you find one rally nearly every week?

womble 28-01-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigpen (Post 602959)

hi welcome to our lil place on the web pull up a chair put your feet & pass round the beers

PS
can u pm me a list of rallies as i would love to get my stall to more rallies

Davenbert 28-01-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigpen (Post 602959)

You look in 100% Biker events list of couse..............doh

Regards and ride safe

(other than that I get loads of event invites.)

The Beer Monsters 28-01-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidhaf (Post 602938)
where ye from and welcome Grav will be along later with some very important questions :thumbu:

Usually "Have you got any custard?"

P.S. I thought Chav Central, South Wales was Cwmbran?

Davenbert 28-01-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraith (Post 602957)
Oops, hi Davenbert, welcome to the nut house :thumbu:

Many thanks wraith :thumbu:

Looking forward to meeting you all in a field somewhere.:D

Davenbert 28-01-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Beer Monsters

No Honey Cwmbran is way lacking in this league

This place is like watching a study in Social Anthropology walking by the window.

Regards and ride safe

The Beer Monsters 28-01-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davenbert (Post 602969)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Beer Monsters

No Honey Cwmbran is way lacking in this league

This place is like watching a study in Social Anthropology walking by the window.

Regards and ride safe

As a Valleys boy myself, Caerphilly and the surrounding area was the last bastion of Rock in South Wales. Don't tell me it's all gone down the swanee... Please tell me that Mountain Ash still holds on to tradition!

Davenbert 28-01-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Beer Monsters (Post 602971)
As a Valleys boy myself, Caerphilly and the surrounding area was the last bastion of Rock in South Wales. Don't tell me it's all gone down the swanee... Please tell me that Mountain Ash still holds on to tradition!

Mountain Ash is still true...............but I am not there. Although i know a few peple there.
regards

The Beer Monsters 28-01-2011 06:11 PM

I shall have to come back down on a one man crusade to sort it out.

Grav? Where did I leave that big stick?

And brandy at 6:09? Respect :D

Davenbert 28-01-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Beer Monsters (Post 602975)
I shall have to come back down on a one man crusade to sort it out.

Grav? Where did I leave that big stick?

And brandy at 6:09? Respect :D

Hell in this house the bottle is always half full and if it gets any lower then the garage is open..............good peeps always welcome here.:thumbu:

Even have a guest room with double bed. Valleys hospitality rules:-)

John Hopkins 02-02-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davenbert (Post 602976)
Hell in this house the bottle is always half full and if it gets any lower then the garage is open..............good peeps always welcome here.:thumbu:

Even have a guest room with double bed. Valleys hospitality rules:-)

That almost sounds like a threat..

But then I have one of those too.

John.

Davenbert 03-02-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Hopkins (Post 603300)
That almost sounds like a threat..

But then I have one of those too.

John.

We have a special offer on during summer evenings........a selection of free fresh chavs for practice:thumbsu:

heart of wales 03-02-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Beer Monsters (Post 602971)

Are You originally from Mountain Ash
I was born and bred in Penrhiwcieber
Land of the gods