100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Triumph back patch? (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41136)

Simon B 11-02-2010 07:58 AM

Triumph back patch?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne.../?R=EPI-122039

I reckon most people can tell the difference, for starters no rockers, not a patch etc etc

mick2 11-02-2010 08:05 AM

typical MCN shite.

Dusty 11-02-2010 08:19 AM

Trouble is, from a distance you would only see the skull and crossed pistons.

I can see where they are coming from. I don't know if the Outlaws have patented the design, but it would be like Harley D. releasing a jacket with the winged skull on the back and putting Harley Davidson underneath.

Probably no intent to offend or confuse by Triumph, just a little naive

haystax 11-02-2010 10:01 AM

Link not working

Beano 11-02-2010 11:41 AM

Need an Outlaw's opinion.
I wouldnt wear it ...cos it looks...err....sh!t :o

Steve D 11-02-2010 01:22 PM

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1391853849/
Take a look at this trailer for "The Wild One" at 00:31 and breifly at 01:00. Seems to me the outlaws should be apologising to Brando and co.

Steve D 11-02-2010 01:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCENBce_dls
Even better views in this one.:D
(Too much time on my hands)

Blue 11-02-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon B (Post 581845)

I reckon most people can tell the difference, for starters no rockers, not a patch etc etc

I don't.

And, more to the point, there are 'people' who would chose not to tell the difference.

Simon B 11-02-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue (Post 581861)
I don't.

And, more to the point, there are 'people' who would chose not to tell the difference.

Ah yeah, get your point, hadnt thought about it like that:o

Dusty 11-02-2010 02:49 PM

[QUOTE=Pig Pen;Take a look at this trailer for "The Wild One" at 00:31 and breifly at 01:00. Seems to me the outlaws should be apologising to Brando and co.[/QUOTE]

Trouble is Pig Pen, that's not the issue is it, it doesn't matter if Brando wore that design in the film, that was 50 odd years ago. We are talking about what it represents today, and what it represents has been adopted by the Outlaws, just as the Deaths Head has been adopted by the HA. Everybody with the slightest bit of sense knows it, and only a fool would wear something so blatantly similar in design.

And as Blue has rightly said, some folks will either not see the difference until it's too late,or choose not to in the first place.

Steve D 11-02-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty (Post 581866)
Trouble is Pig Pen, that's not the issue is it, it doesn't matter if Brando wore that design in the film, that was 50 odd years ago. We are talking about what it represents today, and what it represents has been adopted by the Outlaws, just as the Deaths Head has been adopted by the HA. Everybody with the slightest bit of sense knows it, and only a fool would wear something so blatantly similar in design.

And as Blue has rightly said, some folks will either not see the difference until it's too late,or choose not to in the first place.

Wouldn't that depend to some degree upon who is wearing it, and where, and with what kind of attitude. I don't think there would be an issue with Mr Chartered Accountant on his brand new Rocket three outside his local cafe. Everybody would know that he is just dreaming the life. There would I imagine, be an issue if someone was to turn up at, say, The Bulldog, with it. Especially if he was trying to portray the "badass" biker liestyle (sic). We've had this discussion before in various forms and the concensus then was that those who might be offended are intelligent enough to distiguish between the innocent person who thinks he just bought a cool jacket, and someone who is trying to make out he is something he's not.

zeddman 11-02-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 581854)
I wouldnt wear it ...cos it looks...err....sh!t :o

I fully agree ...well Id add tacky lookin as well......wonder how much the coat costs ..............

hardtailbiker 11-02-2010 04:10 PM

Pigpen, I think it shows that you do not live in an area frequented by Outlaws - they'd pull it off someone's back for sure and cut it up. They may get a slap as well but not for sure

Steve D 11-02-2010 04:21 PM

Are you implying that outlaws would not have the intelligence............:rolleyes:

Simon B 11-02-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig Pen (Post 581868)
Wouldn't that depend to some degree upon who is wearing it, and where, and with what kind of attitude. I don't think there would be an issue with Mr Chartered Accountant on his brand new Rocket three outside his local cafe. Everybody would know that he is just dreaming the life. There would I imagine, be an issue if someone was to turn up at, say, The Bulldog, with it. Especially if he was trying to portray the "badass" biker liestyle (sic). We've had this discussion before in various forms and the concensus then was that those who might be offended are intelligent enough to distiguish between the innocent person who thinks he just bought a cool jacket, and someone who is trying to make out he is something he's not.

Think it would be a lot worse if it was worn to the R&B, but then again might just be happy that a punter turned up, going by the letters etc in various mags recently:rolleyes:

Taff 11-02-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't that depend to some degree upon who is wearing it, and where, and with what kind of attitude. I don't think there would be an issue with Mr Chartered Accountant on his brand new Rocket three outside his local cafe.

It'd depend mainly on who saw it, and of course, then, on how many of them there were around (for back up and bravado value) at the time.
Quote:

There would I imagine, be an issue if someone was to turn up at, say, The Bulldog, with it.

Were someone to turn up on it at Bulldog wearing that jacket and a cross piston saloon t-shirt, then they'd be taking the piss and told as much.
Were aforesaid innocent chartered accountant to turn up in it, along with Triumph boots and t-shirt, then he'd be told to cover it or not wear it, to save himself from the beer monsters and the stupid, who might see it through tunnel vision.

Admittedly though, a quick rearwards glance while out riding, at a biker having passed in the opposite direction, would certainly illicit a swift u-turn and a healthy game of off-ground tig, to confirm or deny what had just passed by.

The Beer Monsters 11-02-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taff (Post 581888)
to save himself from the beer monsters and the stupid, who might see it through tunnel vision.

:confused::eek: Eh?

Pugwash 11-02-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Beer Monsters (Post 581890)
:confused::eek: Eh?

Beer Monsters an Stupid

nope seems ok :p

no confusion here :D

Taff 11-02-2010 10:51 PM

Okay, vodka monsters then.....

Chris B 11-02-2010 11:24 PM

well personally i think its a cool looking jacket, which is why when i pick my street triple up on the 1st of march i will be trying my hardest to get one thrown in lol

Shep 12-02-2010 12:48 PM

At 260 a throw, only Mr Chartered Accountant is gonna be able to afford it!
Triumph Clothing.

Anyone who knows better, and wears it, is taking the piss.
But that's only my opinion.:confused:

harry 12-02-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shep (Post 581935)
At 260 a throw, only Mr Chartered Accountant is gonna be able to afford it!
Triumph Clothing.

Anyone who knows better, and wears it, is taking the piss.
But that's only my opinion.:confused:

If you can afford that for a jacket you can afford the dentist's bill as well. :D

mick2 12-02-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry (Post 581945)
if you can afford that for a jacket you can afford the dentist's bill as well. :d

lol :D :D :D

robbo 12-02-2010 10:22 PM

where i live the local mc club would TRY TO BATTER ME :eek::eek:lol
end ov day its up to the individual and others to see sense in the matter(sadley missed these days.....innit)

John Hopkins 12-02-2010 10:36 PM

I think Triumph could have done better.

I wouldn't wear it, I'm happy with my really old plain leather Apachi.

John

Borg 13-02-2010 03:13 AM

See I remember when we was British and Rockers, we could have something on our back and it was just 'that' a badge.

Now we have to 'ask' for permission to do this and do that. All from what is basically an American system

All this MC club stuff. I fucking hate IT.

Dusty 13-02-2010 08:59 AM

Got to agree with you on that one Borg.

And for you to say "We were BRITISH and rockers", shows just how much you hate the whole thing. Good on ya fella. :thumbu:

Metal Ken 13-02-2010 10:36 PM

same old pish agian, reminds me of those stupid band patches that try to look like colours (and the singer calling his fans by different chapters?)

This will probably always happen, there is always somthing like this coming out and kicking up shit, can see both points that are being made by folk,

Joe:- wants to wear what he wants as it is a free country

Patch:- wants only MC's to have back insignia cause they work so hard to earn it, also as taff says, for the person's own benifit at rallies and stuff

Loads of folk argue both sides, personally myself i would only wear something on my back if i earned it, yea i know folk will start saying i am wrong and the usual shite, but hay, everyone has got there own opinion..... We are all free thinking bikers that live outside the box at the end of the day, would be boring if we weren't

northernpesant 14-02-2010 08:39 PM

Dont see the attraction, wouldnt buy or wear one. Only glad the design crew that create the bikes dont do as shoddy a job as the merchandise crew.

John Hopkins 14-02-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Ken (Post 582021)
Joe:- wants to wear what he wants as it is a free country

Patch:- wants only MC's to have back insignia cause they work so hard to earn it, also as taff says, for the person's own benifit at rallies and stuff

Loads of folk argue both sides, personally myself i would only wear something on my back if i earned it,

I can see the second point of view better than the first.

When I was in the army I couldn't wait to get dressed in civvies, when I left the army that was the end of a chapter in my life..The British government makes it illegal to wear a uniform you are not entitled to.

Many Ex servicemen wear bits of quasi uniform, camo, berets, boots, carry stuff like waterbottles and mess tins...maybe they are trying to recapture their lost youth, or hope to claim some of the glamour of being associated with the armed forces without the risk.

Patch wearers have to eat a lot of shit to earn their patch, they have to put in a lot of time, and they have to really want it...it's not usually something they can buy and if it is, it's not worth having.

I don't wear a patch, and I don't wear old army clothes....

In the unlikely event that I ever change my mind it will be the front page of my book that will be on my back, I worked for that...

John