100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   bulldog bash (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39474)

Braces 15-07-2009 11:17 PM

bulldog bash
 
Here we go again they dont give up do they
http://stratfordonlinenews.com/?p=1896

Pagan 16-07-2009 04:26 AM

Do they think that eventually they will wear the council down and they will give in to them? It is a pity that they haven't got something better to do?
My daughter's boyfriend works as security at a lot of mainstream festivals, as well as attending bike dos with us. Last week he was at one in Wales where there were severe problems with teenagers, predominantly, on PCP!!!! One bloke was restrained by about 20 security guards and then went on to knock 3 police officers out cold! Does it even make the news? Will the festival be on next year? I think we know the answer, don't we?:mad:

Simon B 16-07-2009 08:53 AM

Guardian, Wednesday 27 August 2008 Article historyThe haul of weapons confiscated at the weekend's Notting Hill carnival included knives, a Taser gun, CS spray and a baseball bat, police said yesterday.

Officers patrolling the annual event arrested 330 people and stopped a further 151 potential troublemakers from travelling to west London.

Although the Metropolitan police said their "proactive" approach had worked well, and more than a million people celebrated, the end of the street party on Monday night was marred by battles between police and 40 youths throwing bricks and bottles.

Chief Inspector Jo Edwards said the crackdown - which included deploying knife scanner arches around the tube network - had helped ensure most of the weekend's 850,000 visitors enjoyed the event peacefully.

"It's disappointing that each year we see a small minority of mainly young men who don't come to the carnival until later," she said.

"They don't come to enjoy the floats and the music, they come to fight and commit acts of violence. We have seen serious incidents in previous years.

"For two hours our officers came under attack from bottles, bricks and any debris that was on the ground. These were officers who had been working hard all day."

Police had been planning their operation to combat violence at the carnival since May.

Tactics included sending letters to more than 200 suspected troublemakers warning them about their conduct and using warrants to search their homes for weapons.
Printable version Send to a friend Share Clip Contact us larger | smaller EmailClose Recipient's email address Your first name Your surname Add a note (optional)

shaggy696969 16-07-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon B (Post 565252)
Guardian, Wednesday 27 August 2008 Article historyThe haul of weapons confiscated at the weekend's Notting Hill carnival included knives, a Taser gun, CS spray and a baseball bat, police said yesterday.

Officers patrolling the annual event arrested 330 people and stopped a further 151 potential troublemakers from travelling to west London.

Although the Metropolitan police said their "proactive" approach had worked well, and more than a million people celebrated, the end of the street party on Monday night was marred by battles between police and 40 youths throwing bricks and bottles.

Chief Inspector Jo Edwards said the crackdown - which included deploying knife scanner arches around the tube network - had helped ensure most of the weekend's 850,000 visitors enjoyed the event peacefully.

"It's disappointing that each year we see a small minority of mainly young men who don't come to the carnival until later," she said.

"They don't come to enjoy the floats and the music, they come to fight and commit acts of violence. We have seen serious incidents in previous years.

"For two hours our officers came under attack from bottles, bricks and any debris that was on the ground. These were officers who had been working hard all day."

Police had been planning their operation to combat violence at the carnival since May.

Tactics included sending letters to more than 200 suspected troublemakers warning them about their conduct and using warrants to search their homes for weapons.
Printable version Send to a friend Share Clip Contact us larger | smaller EmailClose Recipient's email address Your first name Your surname Add a note (optional)

But the carnival is a predominantly Coloured event so it would be seen as racial discrimination and a possible hate crime to oppose it :eek: But be fair they wrote them a stiff letter (bet that told them.) :mad:

devon-tony 16-07-2009 02:04 PM

why do these newspapers have a comments section yet never actually put the comments up??

Grav 16-07-2009 02:13 PM

Each comment is read by a member of their staff and they decide what comments to put on their website and what to delete. It's another way the newspaper has of putting it's own agenda to the masses.

Simon B 16-07-2009 04:45 PM

I got a comment up:eek:

anyway. wouldnt it be good if this years was the biggest Bulldog ever, be nice if everyone gave the police a nice wave as they went into site and when they left


I can see the spat out dummies and red faces already

devon-tony 16-07-2009 08:30 PM

I stand erected, mies up there now

and the good thing is that all the comments are positive :)

jcb 16-07-2009 08:39 PM

dint think theyd allow mine in but they did...junter.

Blue 16-07-2009 09:58 PM

We've known this was going to happen for a while. However, even if the police succeed on Monday, the Bulldog organisers can still appeal (during which time the licence stands) and Stratford council has already said 'Oh dear, the first hearing we can arrange will be 10th August...' :)

Trust me, the press briefing ACC Holland gave a couple of weeks ago was something else. ;)

Simon B 17-07-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue (Post 565334)
We've known this was going to happen for a while. However, even if the police succeed on Monday, the Bulldog organisers can still appeal (during which time the licence stands) and Stratford council has already said 'Oh dear, the first hearing we can arrange will be 10th August...' :)

Trust me, the press briefing ACC Holland gave a couple of weeks ago was something else. ;)


Oh to be a fly on the wall


Main thing is its happening and as always it'll be a good one,

devon-tony 17-07-2009 08:56 AM

dont need to be a fly on the wall, should be an open meeting, I would think that we will be well represented there at a guess

ChopperFXR 17-07-2009 09:42 AM

The police appeal will most likely get nowhere. Just add more cost to the local council tax payers bill.

When the appeal fails and that spitefull, nasty little shit ACC Holland once again has egg on his face, watch what happens.

After last years OTT police operation, which produced nothing but contemp and bad feeling for the cops, you can bet your arse that this year they will be going out of thier way to be even more of a pain in the arse to all of us that attend.

With all those armed cops around, most of whom do not look like they have a bloody clue about guns, how long will it be before somebody gets shot........ BY THE FUCKING COPS!

Chopper.

devon-tony 17-07-2009 10:09 AM

the armed police generally cant shoot for shit, dont worry they wont hit you LOL, and yes your right they havent got a clue about firearms.

as I have said before, the only animosity and aggression that was experienced at the bash last year was from the ol bill, oh the irony

I sincerely hope that the local people and council etc see the sense and stick to the current decision

either way it will go ahead this year due to the ability to draw out the appeal process, I expect that immediately after the battle for next year will begin

wurzel 17-07-2009 12:16 PM

Maybe that is the reason, they know they can't stop this year but by winding people up this much just before and then OTT policing they hope to elicit and over the top reaction from at least 1 person which they can then use as proof as to why next year shouldn't happen

eigerton 17-07-2009 12:47 PM

so plod gets it 'stopped' - what happens if the punters turn up anyway ?

they may have the resources to police the event with the consent of organisers and customers - without that consent can they physically prevent it from happening ?

as a former home secretary (straw) recently pointed out; when law and reality clash, it's usually reality that wins

shaggy696969 17-07-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eigerton (Post 565378)
so plod gets it 'stopped' - what happens if the punters turn up anyway ?

they may have the resources to police the event with the consent of organisers and customers - without that consent can they physically prevent it from happening ?

as a former home secretary (straw) recently pointed out; when law and reality clash, it's usually reality that wins

If that happened then people would simply be turned away, if they didn't leave they would be arrested. Remember Builth ...... But fact is The Bully will happen its just the Police griping and trying to stir things up.

Grav 17-07-2009 02:01 PM

If the plod dont get the Bulldog's licence revoked its a safe bet that ACC Holland will resort to using the anti terror laws to stop it without even waiting for any appeals process to happen.

I reckon they will close the roads around Long Marston to all traffic, including the locals.

I hope I am wrong.

Blue 17-07-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav (Post 565387)
If the plod dont get the Bulldog's licence revoked its a safe bet that ACC Holland will resort to using the anti terror laws to stop it without even waiting for any appeals process to happen.

I reckon they will close the roads around Long Marston to all traffic, including the locals.

I hope I am wrong.

The police have to show 'probable cause' to justify such a move. They do not have said evidence to back up such a move. They will make life difficult, but, as previously pointed out, they do not have sufficient time to have the licence revoked, and they cannot invoke anti-terror moves without proof that there is a threat.

I wouldn't be putting so much work into the preparation of the custom show if I wasn't sure the event would go ahead.

Taff 17-07-2009 03:28 PM

Just as the catholic priesthood is not a paedophile organisation, tho it's largely formed of the aforesaid, and the house of lords largely formed of coke snorting shirt lifting ex-public schoolboys, though it's not an entry requirement, neither is the Hells Angels a criminal organisation, tho largely formed of gentlemen with 'a colourful history'.
An organisation of criminals perhaps, a massive multi-million dollar crime syndicate? Do me a fucking favour, so why do we have to resort to trying to sell stickers and mugs to spruce up our clubhouse?
I wish it was, my subs might go down, and my pocket money might go up.
If he proves it is, somebody owes me some back pay...

:confused: . :mad:

Grav 17-07-2009 04:17 PM

I have now got this weird image in my head of Taff doing a paper round to earn extra pocket money.

I need to get off these new drugs........

rob 17-07-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav (Post 565387)
If the plod dont get the Bulldog's licence revoked its a safe bet that ACC Holland will resort to using the anti terror laws to stop it

what i thought.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue (Post 565389)
The police have to show 'probable cause' to justify such a move.

they're the police, they'll make it up. as usual.

Grav 17-07-2009 04:59 PM

I'm in a pessimistic mood today, I will be back to my usual optimistic self when I am able to ride my bike again.

STEViE 19-07-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggy696969 (Post 565382)
Remember Builth ......

Yes, but I wonder how many others do.

hacky 19-07-2009 12:58 AM

the old bill now have the rights to jackanory....they just make it up as they go along......"jackanory..spelt...there all guilty..."

either way the bully will be going for a few more years yet.......it frigin better ...lol
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

bigg 20-07-2009 06:05 AM

Its like being in a timewarp back to the late 70s early 80s. Just goes to show nothing changes. The perfect soudtrack would have to be Alternative Ulster.

Simon B 20-07-2009 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEViE (Post 565559)
Yes, but I wonder how many others do.


Not that many going by the ammount who have signed petitiion

To sign the petition, click here:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Eventsatrisk/


Yeah I know they aint any good, but at the end of the day they might show some expenses fiddling, over paid right honourable criminal from the house what public feeling is like

And we all know the police like to elaborate on things, heres a good letter from acroos the pond

Reader's view: Police agitating the public over Hells Angels

Offer


Previous AdIn what seems an ongoing effort to dishonestly sensationalize the coming visit of the Hells Angels and to glorify the status of the Duluth Police Department, police spokesman, Lt. Dan Chicos has used loaded language and inaccurate information to agitate area residents rather than to serve and to protect them.

By stating in the July 14 story, “Softball, party set despite Hells Angels,” that half of the members of the Hells Angels are “convicted felons,” Chicos exaggerated, making the club seem more ominous than it is. To use the term “convicted felon” is to dishonestly make a felon seem more dangerous than he is. All felons are convicted; otherwise they would not be felons. Three percent of American adults are felons, including professors, doctors, lawyers, investors, businesspeople, professional athletes, clergy and military personnel. If you have 32 friends, one of them is likely a felon.

The Hells Angels gathering will not “draw” members of “support motorcycle clubs” to the area, as Chicos suggested. There are no so-called support clubs here. There are two independent motorcycle clubs in this area, the BPM Motorcycle Club and the Thunderbird Motorcycle Club. These clubs have been part of our local population for more than 40 years. The Lost Race club mentioned by Chicos has not even been in existence for more than 15 years. Trying to make local clubs and a nonexistent club appear to be farm teams of the Hells Angels was dishonest and ill-informed.

It is dishonest alarmism to say the Hells Angels is a substantial threat to public safety and to suggest that the club singles out towns to dominate. It is even more irresponsible to claim the club would target local citizens to assault.

This kind of rhetoric only served to inflame local citizens, some of whom may now try to challenge or assault motorcyclists.

Thomas V. Koehler

devon-tony 20-07-2009 07:33 AM

didnt even know about the petition, but its signed now

ChopperFXR 20-07-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taff (Post 565402)
Just as the catholic priesthood is not a paedophile organisation, tho it's largely formed of the aforesaid, and the house of lords largely formed of coke snorting shirt lifting ex-public schoolboys, though it's not an entry requirement, neither is the Hells Angels a criminal organisation, tho largely formed of gentlemen with 'a colourful history'.
An organisation of criminals perhaps, a massive multi-million dollar crime syndicate? Do me a fucking favour, so why do we have to resort to trying to sell stickers and mugs to spruce up our clubhouse?
I wish it was, my subs might go down, and my pocket money might go up.
If he proves it is, somebody owes me some back pay...

:confused: . :mad:

Simple really Taff.

The establishment fears anybody or any organisation that has a mind of its own and refuses to kneel at the alter of tyranny. They cannot or will not accept that there are people that have character and are prepared to stand up for themselves.

Our current government is a badly failed, corrupt and morally bankrupt psuedo fascist regime. They have failed this country in many respects and really need to find some bad guys to draw the electorates attention away from thier failures.

We are allegedly policed by consent. However, the police are now the strongarm of the government. No longer able to make real time descisions on thier own judgement. Instead they have to comply with government directorates and meet targets. Just to ensure the police are a more effective tool to control the populace on behalf of the government, they enact laws that can be used and abused by any empire building, spiteful apprentice dictator like ACC Holland, tomake life difficult for anybody that does not fit neatly into the governments jelly mould of the ideal citizen.

Chopper.
PS: See you at the Bulldog, I'll buy you a pint.

droid 20-07-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taff (Post 565402)
Just as the catholic priesthood is not a paedophile organisation, tho it's largely formed of the aforesaid, and the house of lords largely formed of coke snorting shirt lifting ex-public schoolboys, though it's not an entry requirement, neither is the Hells Angels a criminal organisation, tho largely formed of gentlemen with 'a colourful history'.
An organisation of criminals perhaps, a massive multi-million dollar crime syndicate? Do me a fucking favour, so why do we have to resort to trying to sell stickers and mugs to spruce up our clubhouse?
I wish it was, my subs might go down, and my pocket money might go up.
If he proves it is, somebody owes me some back pay...

:confused: . :mad:


Bloody good post.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.