100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Down The Pub (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hull to Rotterdam Ferry (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35171)

nutbag1 05-06-2008 01:16 AM

Hull to Rotterdam Ferry

Went to Germany last weekend via hull /rotterdam, just thought you all should know... take some tie downs/ratchet straps as all they give you is a bit of nylon rope to secure ya bike!!! thank fek it was a calm crossing. Oh and has anyone else seen the El Bandido Club fruit machine! snigger

Louis 05-06-2008 09:51 AM

Suprising every time I have been on the Big Boats Pride of Hull/Pride of Rotterdam my bikes have been very well tied down with rachet straps and these ships are very stable even in rough weather due to being new and having good stabilisers. The only problem I got was being breathalised by the dutch police on the way off at Rotterdam...I passed but the guy on the Riceburner behind me didn't........Did you travel on the Norsea the old boat...???

nutbag1 05-06-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 514021)
Suprising every time I have been on the Big Boats Pride of Hull/Pride of Rotterdam my bikes have been very well tied down with rachet straps and these ships are very stable even in rough weather due to being new and having good stabilisers. The only problem I got was being breathalised by the dutch police on the way off at Rotterdam...I passed but the guy on the Riceburner behind me didn't........Did you travel on the Norsea the old boat...???

it was the pride of rotterdam, beautiful ship, went last year and there was an abundance of ratchetstraps, not this year tho...maybe they all got borrowed

nutbag1 05-06-2008 03:58 PM

hull to rotterdam ferry

its a good point about the dutch police breathalising people, if you fail you must stay in the port till you blow clear

Peirre 05-06-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutbag1 (Post 513991)
Went to Germany last weekend via hull /rotterdam, just thought you all should know... take some tie downs/ratchet straps as all they give you is a bit of nylon rope to secure ya bike!!!

Rope is used on several other ferry crossings, done corectly it shouldn`t be a problem.
only ever used HD ratchet straps on the larne crossing, with 1 thrown over the seat

Hillbilly Deluxe 05-06-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutbag1 (Post 514065)
its a good point about the dutch police breathalising people, if you fail you must stay in the port till you blow the officer

pervert :D

nutbag1 05-06-2008 10:47 PM

Dutch shinanigins

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillbilly Deluxe (Post 514068)
pervert :D

`pillock :D

nutbag1 05-06-2008 10:50 PM

HD rat **** straps !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peirre O`bollox (Post 514066)
Rope is used on several other ferry crossings, done corectly it shouldn`t be a problem.
only ever used HD ratchet straps on the larne crossing, with 1 thrown over the seat

i didn`t have any problems with the rope coz i wuz in the cubs :D
but i can think of many many people who tie knots like tommy cooper did magic

Captain Smurf 05-06-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutbag1 (Post 514139)
i didn`t have any problems with the rope coz i wuz in the cubs :D
but i can think of many many people who tie knots like tommy cooper did magic

Bleedin landlubbers :D

Louis 05-06-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutbag1 (Post 514065)
its a good point about the dutch police breathalising people, if you fail you must stay in the port till you blow clear

The european guy from another local club who warned me about it said there was a fine involved if you were too far over and did'd be above within an hour.

Grav 05-06-2008 11:12 PM

Northlink Ferries to Shetland and Orkney have proper ratchet straps and the crew do a good job of securing ones bike before venturing forth onto the wild North Sea.

nutbag1 05-06-2008 11:59 PM

Baaaaaaa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav (Post 514145)
Northlink Ferries to Shetland and Orkney have proper ratchet straps and the crew do a good job of securing ones bike before venturing forth onto the wild North Sea.

true enough, but on the down side you end up in shetland or orkney...bummer:D

Grav 06-06-2008 12:51 AM

They have this uncanny habit of having a party for the flimsiest of reasons. Face it, Friday night in the middle of December on Shetland lasts for a fortnight, you just know they are going to get pissed, sing weird songs and burn a ship. :D

Peirre 06-06-2008 09:07 AM

which reminds me ............... the simmer dim rally ....... must go sometime

Grav 06-06-2008 12:47 PM

Yes, you must. It is a cracking Rally and well worth the effort. Just wish I was going this year.....:(

Kylie 06-06-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav (Post 514241)
Yes, you must. It is a cracking Rally and well worth the effort. Just wish I was going this year.....:(

Richies going... and he is very much looking forward to the challenge of not being sober while the sun's up :)

Peirre 06-06-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav (Post 514241)

Next year could be a possibility ........subject to tickets etc

along with a possible trip to Corsica, for the summer jollies

v8_trike 06-06-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutbag1 (Post 513991)
Went to Germany last weekend via hull /rotterdam, just thought you all should know... take some tie downs/ratchet straps as all they give you is a bit of nylon rope to secure ya bike!!! thank fek it was a calm crossing. Oh and has anyone else seen the El Bandido Club fruit machine! snigger

Went on the same ferry about 4 wks ago, the resident band 'Full Extra' were dire, had to drink lots of beer to subdue the sounds :D

Grav 06-06-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylie (Post 514243)
Richies going... and he is very much looking forward to the challenge of not being sober while the sun's up :)

I hope he's thirsty, the sun don't go to bed at the Simmer Dim...........

Bosun 06-06-2008 11:13 PM

rope...you were lucky

oh how we used to dream of rope

Kylie 07-06-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav (Post 514442)
I hope he's thirsty, the sun don't go to bed at the Simmer Dim...........

I believe he is fully aware of this :D