100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bugger (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34131)

*Ace* 07-04-2008 06:27 AM

Bugger

3 years to get my CB900 on the road and just to take if off again within 2 weeks.... :mad:

Was showing some one round it on the weekend and noticed that the front tyre has perished badly in the tread and i am not prepared to take the chance on a blow out.

The tyres were on the wheels when i won them on ebay 2 years ago, but at the time they seemed ok but i think that a few miles has flexed the rubber and cracked it.

So JLO is back on the road now as it was cheeper to tax her than buy tyres just at the moment.

Blackjack 07-04-2008 03:23 PM

19" ?

Probably got one.

:D

*Ace* 08-04-2008 08:53 AM

Nahh 18 front 16 rear. Can you put tyres on too... cant remember seeing a machine ... mind you... cant see much.... :D :D

Blackjack 08-04-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Ace*
Nahh 18 front 16 rear. Can you put tyres on too... cant remember seeing a machine ... mind you... cant see much.... :D :D

For your information, a tyre lever is, in fact, a machine.....

:rolleyes:

*Ace* 08-04-2008 03:15 PM

Well i would have thought that was a tool, but i could be wrong, surely a machine has moving parts. :confused:

madastoast 08-04-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Ace*
Well i would have thought that was a tool, but i could be wrong, surely a machine has moving parts. :confused:

Machines don't need to have moving parts to be classed as such. In fact a tool is a generalism. Tools are actually something you can fit in a machine.

tool

noun 1 a device or implement used to carry out a particular function. 2 a thing used to help perform a job. 3 a person used by another.

verb 1 (usu. be tooled) impress a design on (a leather book cover) with a heated tool. 2 equip with tools for industrial production. 3 (tool up or be tooled up) Brit. informal be or become armed. 4 informal drive or ride in a casual or leisurely manner.

kitkatman 08-04-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madastoast
tool

noun 1 a device or implement used to carry out a particular function. 2 a thing used to help perform a job. 3 a person used by another.

verb 1 (usu. be tooled) impress a design on (a leather book cover) with a heated tool. 2 equip with tools for industrial production. 3 (tool up or be tooled up) Brit. informal be or become armed. 4 informal drive or ride in a casual or leisurely manner.

person..............GRAV :D

Grav 08-04-2008 06:20 PM

Feck off you tit. :D

Blackjack 09-04-2008 12:43 AM

There are allegedly 6 simple machines.

The lever. Crow bar, tyre lever and so on.

The inclined plane. Ramps

The wheel and axle. Wheels and, errrr, axles....

So far so good.

But then you got...

The wedge. So, an inclined plane then???

The pulley. A wheel and axle, with a groove round it???

The screw. Or, a spiral inclined plane....

So I make it three.

But, a lever is definitely a machine.

*Ace* 10-04-2008 11:16 PM

I stand corrected. :D