100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cars at bike rallys (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30312)

rev fordy 10-09-2007 11:18 AM

Cars at bike rallys

I went to the Barflys rally on the week end.. Had a great time drinking good real ale at good prices..Met some genuine bikers & some alright locals.
Unfortunatly a so-called biker in a landrover drove over a 125.. attempted to drive off & when stopped quoted " its only a 125 plastic crap ".
I think the young 125 rider has more right to call himself a biker than the landrover owner..

Urban Terrorist 10-09-2007 11:23 AM

I can uderstand some cars at rallys, but to run over a bike and say **** like that, I'd cut his fucking throat.

paulthestall 10-09-2007 11:36 AM

cars shouldnt be allowed on rallies :( ....unless ;i stress severly disabled or have a very good REASON for not attending on there bikes.....kids an break downs are not a reason.....bike rallies are for bikers and the only thing that proves it ,is your bike!!!!!!!!. :cool:..........................ps i agree wi UT on that one. :eek:

bunbag 10-09-2007 11:55 AM

disabled drivers yes
charge the fecker,s a very high price for comming onto the site :mad:
as fir the bloke in the 4x4 , aint a biker if thats his attatude i would have been sick to me back teeth if i had tanned some other biker,s bike its still
yer pride an joy we all started wi some crappy wee bike and takes time ti get a good yin so thats me tupence worth :mad: surely the blokes gona pay up

Grav 10-09-2007 12:14 PM

If he doesn't pay up he's a cúnt of the highest order. :mad:

John Hopkins 10-09-2007 12:15 PM

Take it easy...some of you know I have had to do some difficult things recently, and travel to England in a hurry with my disabled wife who cant and wont get on the back of my bike, (and before you ask..no she cant drive) also I had to carry more luggage than could fit on a bike...If I had wanted to attend a rally while I was there I would like to feel welcome even if I was in a suit and driving my Mondeo...John

Urban Terrorist 10-09-2007 12:47 PM

Like i say, i understand some cars at rallies, infact next year the kids want to do some as do the missus, that means taking the car cos i have no other way of getting them there. but i sure as hell won't be knocking any bikes over!!!!

clanger 10-09-2007 01:33 PM

I have had to go to a couple of rallies by car, though I try not to make a habit of it. But I certainly wouldn't disrespect someone's mode of transport by running it over... :rolleyes:

eigerton 10-09-2007 02:53 PM

controversial but,

at some big do's cars aren't so bad but apart from those bringing disabled riders i would prefer not to see them at most rally's. if you can't get your sprogs on the back or on a trike don't bring em, and if the missus won't go on bike or trike leave her at home

the camping and caravanning club caters very nicely for families

Juke 10-09-2007 03:21 PM

If the hosts of ANY rallies can provide car parking, then I do not see the problem.
I do not agree with having cars on the campsite tho..................but seperate parking aint a problem is it?

At the end of the day, who really gives a fukk how you get there? As long as ya do!........... ;)

As for the twat in the landrover, if he had said that in my ear shot, I would have stabbed his fukkin' tyres. Even if I dont know who the bike belonged to. Ignorant cnut!....... :mad:

Borg 10-09-2007 03:33 PM

What if my bikes off the road and I want to go to a rally and buy the parts I need and have a laugh ?

paulthestall 10-09-2007 03:58 PM

im sorry but cars have no place at a rally,because
  1. it lets non biker twats in
  2. it lets thieving scum able to steal
  3. peaple with cars bring in all there beer and food.....disrespecting the site
  4. play loud music in the middle of campsite
.................................................. .................................................. ..........peaple who take their kids on a regular basis do so on bikes,so emerse them into the bike lifestyle.......and if your bike is off the road;you should be at home repairing it!!!!!!. :eek:

Borg 10-09-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulthestall
and if your bike is off the road;you should be at home repairing it!!!!!!. :eek:

And how do you get the parts then ? walk there

paulthestall 10-09-2007 04:45 PM

the bus........ :rolleyes: ;)

lowrider 10-09-2007 04:46 PM

My wife has a blue badge but i just refuse to go to a rally in a car.
I did one year at Stormin when the trike broke down on route,but had to come back on the sat morning cos the wife was ill.
Don't mind people who have a blue badge using cars but sometimes it seems that the ones without one in cars call themselves Bikers,then you find out that they have not owned a bike your years but they like " the lifestyle". :rolleyes:
Waistcoat covered in Rally badges.
Sorry if you can attend that many rallies then save and buy a bike.

Tiggs 10-09-2007 05:36 PM

That attitude to 125's is disgraceful, but unfortunately all too prevelant. The owner was more than likely a youngster who has saved up for his/her first set of wheels and to treat that with such contempt is scummy of the lowest level. I have seen my 17 year old work long hours saving every penny til he could afford his first bike, gear, insurance etc etc and if anyone did that to him I am afraid I would forget I was a lady. :mad:

Urban Terrorist 10-09-2007 05:37 PM

Quite simply, I'll take my family to a rally in the car so they can enjoy the 'biker lifestyle' as well. And i know the kids will be safer at a rally than at some caravan park.

Grav 10-09-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borg
What if my bikes off the road and I want to go to a rally and buy the parts I need and have a laugh ?

A friend would give you a lift on his/her Bike/Trike.

;)

Grav 10-09-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
Quite simply, I'll take my family to a rally in the car so they can enjoy the 'biker lifestyle' as well. And i know the kids will be safer at a rally than at some caravan park.

Indeed, as long as you dont mind us taking the piss out of your motor. :D

Urban Terrorist 10-09-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav
A friend would give you a lift on his/her Bike/Trike.

;)

What if you have no friends?:( :D :D

Urban Terrorist 10-09-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Indeed, as long as you dont mind us taking the piss out of your motor. :D

then your bike will be safe, but I'll run you over:D

Grav 10-09-2007 06:02 PM

I shall get one of my dopplegangers to be a decoy so you can chase shadows while I chat yer missus up......... :D

Urban Terrorist 10-09-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

I shall get one of my dopplegangers to be a decoy so you can chase shadows while I chat yer missus up......... :D

You'd be safer chatting up the biggest, meanest, hardest person there than my missus, she'd kick the **** out of ya and **** down your neck!!!:D

Grav 10-09-2007 06:05 PM

I have survived 10 years with my missus and she's as bad as yours mate......

I reckon Im in there.... :D

Urban Terrorist 10-09-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

I have survived 10 years with my missus and she's as bad as yours mate......

I reckon Im in there.... :D

Jesus, I reckon you've finally flipped son, she'd knock you out one punch!!:D

Grav 10-09-2007 06:11 PM

Phwoar!

I like feisty women. :D

Urban Terrorist 10-09-2007 06:14 PM

i ain't talking to you on this anymore, your getting a fucking hard-on you perv!!!!:rolleyes:

Grav 10-09-2007 06:28 PM

And you're easy...... :D

Freak 10-09-2007 07:03 PM

Cars, trikes....... there really aint much difference is there :rolleyes:

paulthestall 10-09-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak
Cars, trikes....... there really aint much difference is there :rolleyes:

.....oops can o worms....mi funks ;)