100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Down The Pub (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The reason I dont 'DO' clubs (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29946)

cherryB 19-08-2007 10:40 PM

The reason I dont 'DO' HARLEY clubs
 
Sometimes it makes me blood boil. There's no wonder Harley owners get a bad name and its the reason we dont belong to any clubs.

A mate, who owns a Harley has asked a well known HD club, if he can attend their main Rally event in Oswestry next week, and bring his wife who rides a Kawasaki.

And guess what they said - 'NO' and the reason they gave - 'its the rules' - ya have to be on a Harley or an Indian and the other reason is that the insurance is only for Harley or Indian. Wot a crock of ****e !!! I'm sure Insurance at such events doesnt cover individual bikes or owners possessions. Its only for public liability and to cover the club against any law suits for damages.

And no, this wasnt a Hoggie event but a club who reckon to shun all that Hoggies stand for :eek: Hmm pot, kettle and black springing quickly to mind.

Juke 19-08-2007 10:44 PM

wankers!............ :mad:

haystax 19-08-2007 10:53 PM

Let the Fleas of a thousand Camels descend upon them

Choprocker 19-08-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haystax
Let the Fleas of a thousand Camels descend upon them

Lol, good curse there, Haystax Sharif.

cherryB 19-08-2007 10:57 PM

very poetic Haystax

XJphil 19-08-2007 11:00 PM

I totaly agree with you, but
I`ve been to loads of the HDRCGB rallies and they do let japs and trumps in, but this is their international harley rally, so harley only rules apply to it.
was going to go meself till i found out its 30 in :eek:
sod that
must say the HDRCGB is a good rally, they put some good do`s on and are open minded and easy to get on with, some of their rallies i`ve been to there has been more japs than harleys, and one i went ot in the lake district there were more triumphs as the trumpit owners club turned up




oh and they do insure for bike theft at their events, as it does happen :(

cherryB 19-08-2007 11:07 PM

still dont agree with it, specially if hub owns a harley and his wife doesnt. A lot of women progress to Harley once they have passed their test and ridden a few different type cruisers, as they find Harleys too heavy and a bit intimidating. Or sometimes it comes down to money.

30 quid to get in is a bit steep when you consider what the Bull Dog offered for 50. Do they serve caviar and smoked salmon for breakfast for that :eek: :D

Borg 19-08-2007 11:15 PM

Well I can go on my Triumph

XJphil 19-08-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherryB
still dont agree with it, specially if hub owns a harley and his wife doesnt. A lot of women progress to Harley once they have passed their test and ridden a few different type cruisers, as they find Harleys too heavy and a bit intimidating. Or sometimes it comes down to money.

30 quid to get in is a bit steep when you consider what the Bull Dog offered for 50. Do they serve caviar and smoked salmon for breakfast for that :eek: :D

very suprrised they didn`t as its his wife


no cav thats why i1m not going :eek:

eigerton 20-08-2007 06:37 AM

A lot of women progress to Harley

progress ?????

Simon B 20-08-2007 06:39 AM

So you wont be in a club because of this? seems a bit odd

HDRCGB, events always heard good revues, better than hog from what ive heard, never been into one make events,

Urban Terrorist 20-08-2007 06:59 AM

So just because of one club, you make that view of clubs? :rolleyes:

Do I need to say that all clubs are different?

Simon B 20-08-2007 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
So just because of one club, you make that view of clubs? :rolleyes:

Do I need to say that all clubs are different?


Nope I thought that was obvious an all old bean

Urban Terrorist 20-08-2007 07:16 AM

Seems some people are oblivious to the obvious sometimes mate :D

Freak 20-08-2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eigerton
A lot of women progress to Harley

progress ?????

It's the CherryB club rule

Mad Liz 20-08-2007 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherryB
A lot of women progress to Harley once they have passed their test and ridden a few different type cruisers, ...

Not a chance in hell that I'll ever take that "progressive" step!

And it's not size, inexperience etc. It's because I don't like them. :p

cherryB 20-08-2007 08:11 AM

I was making the point about Harley Clubs not other clubs who appear to be much more relaxed and dont have the political rules.

The progressing remark was made in my experience, based on a lot of girlies that I have spoken to have said they want a Harley but feel that they need to gain experience with a 'lighter', smaller engined bike than a Harley.

I just think its a stupid rule thats all, especially as the bloke in question rides a Harley himself but they wont let his wife in cos she rides a Kawasaki.

Like I said before a bike is a bike and its the people who are important.

cherryB 20-08-2007 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freak
It's the CherryB club rule


Pete I'm surprised at you :confused: Its quite obvious to me that I meant women who want one, not all women who ride a bleeding bike.

I'm not trying to profess that every female aspires to riding a Harley and I'm aware that some peeps hate them and never want one.

The point was intended for those who do aspire to ride one. For me, thats all I wanted.

But sorry if it came over unclear. Well I know what I meant anyway :p

cherryB 20-08-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJphil
very suprrised they didn`t as its his wife


no cav thats why i1m not going :eek:

God, you'd think cav would be on the menu. Actually never tried cav meself, lookes like a bowl of vomit to me :eek: :D

Good ole fried egg sandwich with brown sauce

Jus1 20-08-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherryB
I was making the point about Harley Clubs not other clubs who appear to be much more relaxed

See I tink ya confused everyone with The reason I dont 'DO' clubs


;)

cherryB 20-08-2007 08:43 AM

yeah well the reason I dont do clubs is cos I like to do me own thing when I want to do it and with whoever wants to do it at the time, with no time limits, no clocks or watches and nobody telling me what to do, no phones, no nagging, no pressure, - its why I ride - does that make sense :D :D

too many rules in this life as it is. I just got a letter - The neighbours are now trying the get the village council to stop us riding our bikes through the village :eek:. had a letter this morning, seriously - 'would we mind pushing them through the village high street cos they've received complaints........'

yeah right - how does feck off sound

cherryB 20-08-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jus1
See I tink ya confused everyone with The reason I dont 'DO' clubs


;)


have changed title - just to make things a bit clearer. Only ever joined a Harley club and we resigned after 4 weeks ;)

Jus1 20-08-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherryB
I just got a letter - The neighbours are now trying the get the village council to stop us riding our bikes through the village :eek:. had a letter this morning, seriously - 'would we mind pushing them through the village high street cos they've received complaints........'

yeah right - how does feck off sound


:eek: You are yanking my chain

cherryB 20-08-2007 09:21 AM

I aint! thought it was a joke at first, but no siree, seems not. I've filed it in the bin - it aint even worthy of a reply

lowrider 20-08-2007 09:23 AM

No doubt because the noisey bikes disturb their noisy yappy dogs. :mad:

Bassman 20-08-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherryB

I just think its a stupid rule thats all, especially as the bloke in question rides a Harley himself but they wont let his wife in cos she rides a Kawasaki.

The thing is ..

Its probably the blokes that have asked the club not to let their other halfs in...

and no Harley is a good excuse...

just so they can have a good time without all the bloody nagging...and complaining... :rolleyes:


:p

cherryB 20-08-2007 10:04 AM

Women NAG :eek: surely not. :D :D

cherryB 20-08-2007 10:17 AM

I've just had an interesting chat with the Chairman of 'The Local Parish Council'. I asked him for copies of the letters he's received - his reply - sorry cant do that. So I asked for the names of the complainants - his reply - sorry cant do that......reminded of that advert on telly 'Brand new customers only'.

So I asked him whereabouts in the village he lives. Reply - in the High Street.

So I asked how our bikes are more annoying than the lorries that used to thunder through before they were diverted onto by pass. He said thats why we campaigned for the by pass. So I said what about lorries delivering to pub, dustbin men and the buses that still go through at great speed. He said they cant be helped.

Anyway the crux of it is, I dont think he has had any complaints at all, I think its him that is bothered by us and because he's a crusty old fart with nothing better to do than complain. He actually stated that:

'Motorbikes thundering through a peaceful Village and causing polluted emissions to permetate residnet's homes are 'lowering the tone' and undermining the image that we as a Community are portraying'.

To which I replied, 'Sir are you familiar with the term DILLIGAF', of course he said, 'No I dont believe I am'.

So I said I'd send him a badge with explanation of the meaning, and guess what - the silly bastid thanked me and told me to have a nice day :D :D

Jus1 20-08-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherryB
I've just had an interesting chat with the Chairman of 'The Local Parish Council'. I asked him for copies of the letters he's received - his reply - sorry cant do that. So I asked for the names of the complainants - his reply - sorry cant do that......reminded of that advert on telly 'Brand new customers only'.

So I asked him whereabouts in the village he lives. Reply - in the High Street.

So I asked how our bikes are more annoying than the lorries that used to thunder through before they were diverted onto by pass. He said thats why we campaigned for the by pass. So I said what about lorries delivering to pub, dustbin men and the buses that still go through at great speed. He said they cant be helped.

Anyway the crux of it is, I dont think he has had any complaints at all, I think its him that is bothered by us and because he's a crusty old fart with nothing better to do than complain. He actually stated that:

'Motorbikes thundering through a peaceful Village and causing polluted emissions to permetate residnet's homes are 'lowering the tone' and undermining the image that we as a Community are portraying'.

To which I replied, 'Sir are you familiar with the term DILLIGAF', of course he said, 'No I dont believe I am'.

So I said I'd send him a badge with explanation of the meaning, and guess what - the silly bastid thanked me and told me to have a nice day :D :D


Sounds like someone needs to throw a party to me ;)

johnr 20-08-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherryB
yeah well the reason I dont do clubs is cos I like to do me own thing when I want to do it and with whoever wants to do it at the time, with no time limits, no clocks or watches and nobody telling me what to do, no phones, no nagging, no pressure, - its why I ride - does that make sense :D :D

too many rules in this life as it is. I just got a letter - The neighbours are now trying the get the village council to stop us riding our bikes through the village :eek:. had a letter this morning, seriously - 'would we mind pushing them through the village high street cos they've received complaints........'

yeah right - how does feck off sound

tell em to feck off. its got nothing to do with the council. if the bikes got tax and test, then its nothing to do with them. you could counter them by threatening to start complaining about bellringing, village cricket matches farmers tractors etc. utter bobbins i know, but if they recieve a complaint, however frivalous then they have to follow it up, its their own rules that make them. you could tie them up in their own red tape by complaining about every hedge trimmer lawn mower and barking dog, and they would have to check them all out. use their own weapons against them.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.