100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Down The Pub (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   slob would like this (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29911)

Bosun 17-08-2007 06:24 PM

slob would like this
 
as i know he likes his architectural photography
today i went up to london for a meeting (meant being suited and booted)

this confronted me on the bridge, apparently its to promote an exhibition
At the hayward gallery of Anthony Gorelys work
(he is the artist whio created the angel of the north)
however he has put up several statues / castings around all looking to the hayward gallery
they are on waterloo bridge and on top of buildings
you can just see one on the building behind
http://www.bosunsbikes.com/images/20...20(Medium).JPG

thankfully meeting finished early so i took the scenic way back, sadly as almost last day of the exhibition i could not get into see it
but this shot i liked
http://www.bosunsbikes.com/images/20...20(Medium).JPG

im glad i dont have to go to london every day, but when the suns out its not bad

bunbag 17-08-2007 08:23 PM

a canny grasp this ****, same when they brought coos into embra painted
an strewn about the place so people can hunt the coos and tick a wee bookie feckin daft if ye ask me :confused:

critch 18-08-2007 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
he gets some bloody mileage out of that mould musta done 150+ the same in various locations

here was me thinking our 100 were unique... :rolleyes:

bunbag at least you havnt got.....
SUPERLAMBANANA!!!i kid you fekkin not.........

chazz 18-08-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critch
he gets some bloody mileage out of that mould musta done 150+ the same in various locations

here was me thinking our 100 were unique... :rolleyes:

bunbag at least you havnt got.....
SUPERLAMBANANA!!!i kid you fekkin not.........

the best 50,000 liverpool council have used
:mad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...22439734_l.jpg

Mikesmad 18-08-2007 09:53 AM

I really like yer 2nd image, Fayji.

critch 18-08-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazz
the best 50,000 liverpool council have used
:mad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...22439734_l.jpg

somewhere theres a little japanese bloke laughing his cock off...... :rolleyes:

Bosun 18-08-2007 11:39 AM

thankyou, i thought it was dramatic


it all rather remined me of the ending of john fowles book the magus
where the guy and girl get back togethher, and he feels everyones watching him
it really felt like being watched

Grav 18-08-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazz
the best 50,000 liverpool council have used
:mad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...22439734_l.jpg

That thing should have been weighed in for scrap ages ago. :mad:

kitkatman 18-08-2007 02:48 PM

we have wire wool sheep on our roundabout :confused:

the concrete ones got stolen :rolleyes:

clanger 18-08-2007 03:07 PM

Brilliant...I love random statues, they show sense of humour....
I wonder what the Japanese tourists make of such things?

Dougie 18-08-2007 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a total waste of money,it lives beside the M8 in West Lothian.It used to talk but I read they stopped it as it was distracting car drivers,like they need any more distractions........... :rolleyes:

bunbag 18-08-2007 04:16 PM

we call that the tellytubbys landmark was it not to pump out music for the people on the m8 dougie :D

bunbag 18-08-2007 04:18 PM

mind the scafolding the artist pit up at thetop o the walk an called it art :confused:

Dougie 18-08-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunbag
we call that the tellytubbys landmark was it not to pump out music for the people on the m8 dougie :D

Mebbe,bloody stupit thing! :mad:

Friar Tuck 19-08-2007 07:39 AM

But is it Art?

Dougie 19-08-2007 09:23 AM

Art with a capital "F"............ :mad:

critch 19-08-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clanger
Brilliant...I love random statues, they show sense of humour....
I wonder what the Japanese tourists make of such things?

As "SUPERLAMBANANA is the work of some piss taking nip id say theyre in on the joke.... :D

slob 19-08-2007 08:00 PM

Fayji. Love the pics mate.. you are very right I love archtectural stuff. I have a few pics of those from Crosby beach up here: see below.... suffice to say that the slob family respect art in all it's forms:D

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...sbycropped.jpg

Grav 19-08-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critch
As "SUPERLAMBANANA is the work of some piss taking nip id say theyre in on the joke.... :D

I reckon he was on some serious acid......

Bosun 19-08-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slob
Fayji. Love the pics mate.. you are very right I love archtectural stuff. I have a few pics of those from Crosby beach up here: see below.... suffice to say that the slob family respect art in all it's forms:D

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...sbycropped.jpg


but then you have proved art is tangible and not just static
if it makes people stop and smile its good

kiffer38 19-08-2007 09:35 PM

we dont need worry about statues in Birmingham, if the council put em up, some1 will come along and nick it for scrap within a week, lol

chazz 20-08-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slob
Fayji. Love the pics mate.. you are very right I love archtectural stuff. I have a few pics of those from Crosby beach up here: see below.... suffice to say that the slob family respect art in all it's forms:D

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...sbycropped.jpg


didnt no the slobs were livin by me, :rolleyes:

Bosun 20-08-2007 06:26 PM

havent you noticed the house priices fluctuate :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.