100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TRAILERED BIKES win Bath Show..PMSL!!! (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27917)

weesis 07-05-2007 09:25 PM

TRAILERED BIKES win Bath Show..PMSL!!!

hey folks...

well this is the 100% biker????? forum eh...
well ave jist done an 800 mile roond trip tae the bath n west MOTORcycle show ON MA HARDTAIL CHOP!!! & wot a farce... LAUGHABLE!!!!
best lowrider, best chop, best engineering BEST IN SHOW... AWE TRAILERED IN!!!!!
wots the shows in this country coming to??? when trailered bikes are winning MOTORcycle shows?? even funnier when they feature them in MOTORcycle mags lol... TRAILERED BIKES???? AM A MISSIN SUMIN??? personally masel a think..the judges seem to prefer judging the people rather than the bikes lol... now de get me wrong, there was some f**kin nice bikes at the show, credit where credits due.. but c'mon.. TRAILERED BIKES???
is the no the point of havin a bike 2 RIDE IT????
100% BIKER = DRIVES THEIR BIKE EVERYWHERE.. the only time a bike should be on a trailer is when its F**KED!!!
at least a can call masel a 100% biker n be proud!!!

ITS A MOTORcycle.. get it?
Soooooooo much bull**** gan aboot.... givin MOTORcycling a bad name!!
it was advertised as a bike show!!! no a bike/trailer show..
Judges should be NAMED & SHAMED!!!.. & anybody can build an ornament.. but wots the f**kin point in that???? unless there's a trailer class at bike shows lol!! Maybe its time they introduced a new catagory eh lol trailered bikes, we might even see some nice customised trailers lol... & why no let the public vote???

Any how as a biker...that woz wot the wkend tae me woz all aboot!!!!... dain the miles, they de ken what theyre missin.... best thing aboot it.. f**kin braw run (even in the pissin rain!!!).. prizes u de miss wot u de have!! lol & a got awe the appreciation a needed frae the crowd!! & the folk in the service stations!! lol & thanks to all i met & the friends I made!! u no who u are.. look forward to hooking up wae e on the road.. roll on europe!!!

now ad like tae dae a poll... to see who thinks shows/judges/mags the people who have such an big influence on the bike world...should be named & shamed for allowing this to happen.. but de ken if am dain it right! so help e's oot here...lol....

if you say ur 100% biker... then f**kin MEAN IT!!
de sit in yer van wae yer bike in the back or on a trailer & call yersel 100% biker!!! .... MOTORcycles are built to be RIDIN!!!

if anybody can justify tae me why a trailered bike can win a MOTORcycle show.... PLEASE LET ME KNOW... A'D LUV TAE HEAR IT!!!

TOO MANY WANABEE'S NO ENOUGH O THE REAL DEAL!!!

F**K THE BULL****.....

RANT OVER.... lol am away tae clean the road of ma bike!!! lol

shaggy696969 07-05-2007 09:28 PM

Ave a look ere me dear this may cheer you up. some crackin pics of yer bike ere. speedymax's pic's . Couldnt agree with ya more trailored bikes shouldnt be allowed to enter. Spoke to logi in Faro when he damaged his bike on the run, it was still the best there that year dented tank or no. Take heart more then the odd feel the smae too hun. :(

Bosun 07-05-2007 09:32 PM

cleaned my bike today... well nature did big time
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...i/P2190007.jpg

:D :D

shaggy696969 07-05-2007 09:35 PM

I was out and about today, not a drop o rain did i see, the weather is fucked up. I live in Wales, and no rain Bizzarre . ?

shaggy696969 07-05-2007 09:43 PM

Love the paintwork ..........

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk/Imag...h-west-039.jpg

shaggy696969 07-05-2007 09:45 PM

Are they the wheels off o Bullit Proof ?

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk/Imag...h-west-040.jpg

John Hopkins 07-05-2007 09:47 PM

Why is this posted twice...

shaggy696969 07-05-2007 09:48 PM

To catch out the welsh.

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk/Imag...h-west-109.jpg

Taff 07-05-2007 09:57 PM

I agree with the gal, it's getting fúcking nauseous the snivelling bullshít we have to endure from show bike builders, about how they do ride it cos they can chug it's 1700cc engine from the show plinth to the stage, there should be a 'genuinely ridden here' section, and wrigglers and abusers (read liars) should be brought on stage thinking they're getting a trophy, shamed and humiliated, then stabbed in the neck.

rob 07-05-2007 10:11 PM

twice. :D

John Hopkins 07-05-2007 10:20 PM

I'm afraid I agree with that, if you build a bike and want to enter it in a show, it should be ridden there, allowances should be made for distance travelled, ie: surface dirt, or if it's a big show, bike cleaning facilities, but also there could be a trailored bike class for any new bike with 0 miles on the clock...best of the new bikes from the big manufacturers could be included in this..I've seen bikes win awards at bike shows that don't start or run...Nothing wrong with having a few extra classes..but putting a trailored bike in the same class as a working bike, and judging on how shiney the bike looks, is not what I would call fair..John

Bassman 07-05-2007 11:36 PM

Absolutely agree with this..

Been a pet peeve of mine for years, that folk trailer or take a bike to a show in a van, park round the corner, and ride the last 1/2 mile in. absoulte bollox.

I lost a show at Worksop years back with an old XS650 chop, that was ridden everywhere, and as i rode home i saw the winning bike put back in a van not 1/ a mile up the from from the pub..

Taff idea sounds good to me... let em think they have won summat, name em on stage in front of everyone and give em a spare wheel for their trailer or van and tell em to feck off..

Good on you for riding your bike all the way there and back... :D

xjtriker666 08-05-2007 07:01 AM

cant ride it dont sho it,end ov the matter,,seen it all too offen,fukkin hate it,,,,,,,,,,unless genuinely brokken down,,

Taff 08-05-2007 07:10 AM

Things have gone full circle, this pathetic trend ground to a halt once in the early 80's with the appearance of the Kent Show, all bikes must be ridden to show being a stipulation. And those that hadn't been, being disallowed from the show. Unfortunately it reared it's head once again with the demise of that show, taking us to the embarassing situation now whereby the bikes are built, not to look cool, but the most important requirement for 'this years show-winner' is something that hasn't been done before, regardless of how downright fúcking stupid it may look, and how inferior it may be as A Motorcycle.
When i used to do bike shows, i used to love the Bulldog and the Farmyard, because there was no show, so the nice bikes that were there, were ridden there because the owner wanted to fúcking party, and the ones that were conspicuous by their absence, told their own tale about the owner.
Packed in regularly putting my bike in shows, when i realised that the builders with with whom i had a friendly rivalry, were spending the in-between weekends when i never saw them, at car shows trying to get the best-bike trophy, and not stopping the night cos there was another show on the Sunday elsewhere, or similar such insignificant nonsense, when i was gunning my occasional show winner two up thru the Alps, or unpacking a tent off it up the Yorkshire Dales.
And i still do the same, and so do they. It's just that the photo album of my biking life doesn't consist of me shaking hands with some goon while accepting a trophy, it consists of my bike and me and my mates, here, there, and every fúcking where, lost, broke down, pulled up, you know, real fúcking stuff.

Worjorj 08-05-2007 07:26 AM

I still prefer to go walkabout of the site to see the proper bikes. There are usually better bikes not entered and often while talking to the owner, a crackin story can be found behind each mod, especially the rat bikes.

Worjorj 08-05-2007 07:29 AM

It's only a matter of time before it goes all "Gwynneth Paltrow" at the presentations:

"I'd like to thank (sniffle) all the people (sob) that have made this pos(sob)possible....."

John Hopkins 08-05-2007 07:29 AM

Sounds right Taff...never thought about it before..but breaking down is a part of biking..you feel a plonker when your pride and joy breaks down...especially the first time...but then later, It's something to talk about over a beer or two, and suddenly you realize that every other biker has a story to tell about the last or first time they broke down....John

Taff 08-05-2007 07:47 AM

Feels fúcking good when somebody else breaks down and you've got the tools, the bits, and the knowledge to get 'em rolling again though.

Thought so anyway, till i was a prospect, and a large particularly horrible member sat by me halfway thru europe as the only prospect riding to Switzerland with 21 members, and said; "Now then prospect. Every time someone breaks down, you're there, you got the tools, and you got the know how, you ain't scared to get your hands dirty, and they're soon up and rolling. And we been thru France, so you spoke french and got us all hotels, we're in Germany now so you're doing it in german.
Yep, you're really starting to get on my fúcking tits"...
:confused: :confused: :(

The Beer Monsters 08-05-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worjorj
It's only a matter of time before it goes all "Gwynneth Paltrow" at the presentations:

"I'd like to thank (sniffle) all the people (sob) that have made this pos(sob)possible....."

Worse than that...

And "so and so" can't be here today to accept their trophy as they're at [INSERT NAME OF OTHER SHOW] so, via video-link...

xjtriker666 08-05-2007 08:28 AM

thing is ow the fukk do ya stop it appenin,
ppl tend to tell porkies,
seen it at anglesey couple yr ago,bloke bort a norton and a 350 lc on trailer,nuther twa bort a v8 chevy trike on trailer,i had a word wi ppl bookin bikes/trikes .she rekkons she never saw them on trailers,how the fukk can a bloke ride 2 bikes into sho at the same time ,,,,,never been back since an wont go agen fukk um,,,,,,

pagan_flame 08-05-2007 08:30 AM

A solution...

The drummer in my old band likes his old Brit stuff... had his AJS in a show one time. There were very public 'Judges' walking around with sashes on saying 'Judge', meanwhile he found hisself in conversation with a chap asking about the bike - how often does he ride it - can he start it up 'Yes of course' etc etc.

And he got Best Brit, against a field of immaculate (i.e. trailered) Vincents / Triumphs etc... turns out that the 'Judges' were in fact ringers, the guy he was talking to was the real judge.

He got fluently sworn at by one chap with a Vincent - turns out the real judge had asked him to start it up, he said 'No, the only time this'll get started today is when I ride up to get me trophy'. :D

I do recall Rock & Blues '95, where Steve Berry publicly barracked (from the stage through the PA!) an obviously trailered bike that had won something while the poor sap was trying to start it up and ride it to the stage... "...There's yer trophy now f^ck off back to yer trailer and take it home..." to thunderous applause from THOUSANDS...

Peirre 08-05-2007 08:32 AM

This is a subject that’s been beaten to death on the forums and everywhere else many times before. :rolleyes:
I doubt there’s a major show across Europe where some of the bikes aren’t trailered into the show. Irrespective of who’s running the show. As for stopping the practice, or segregating it into a separate class for judging, I doubt it would happen, floor space at major shows is at a premium that’s why you have to pre-enter bikes into the show by sending in photos/video of your pride and joy and hoping that you’ll be selected to go into the show. And those that trailer bikes into the shows, will probably state that not having them in the show will stifle creativity and stop new innovations and ideas coming to the forefront of mainstream biking however shoite and crass the idea is…………………
IMO those in the trade have been aware of people trailering bikes into shows and have tolerated it, so long as they can be ridden from the show stand to the stage etc, it’s a self perpetuating situation, as it keeps the industry running generating business for the peeps who make this seasons must have part for their next project, and show organizers who get bodies through the gates into shows where this seasons innovative ideas are on display.
However much you, I and everyone else dislikes what is happening to the way the situation is, I doubt it will change for the foreseeable future.
As previously stated “This is a subject that’s been beaten to death on the forums and everywhere else many times before.

Has it changed? .................NO
Will it change? ………… I doubt it

Captain Smurf 08-05-2007 09:11 AM

Was chatting to someone at the weekend at Into The Valley. Told me a tale of years ago at Foxholes. Some shiny HOG type riders sneering at his very old and much modified Harley. When he had a look around their bikes they only had about 5 miles on the clock?

Went out for a ride, and about half a mile down the road couple of range rovers with trailers and window stickers "My other car's a Harley".

I know who I'd rather ride with :)

weesis 08-05-2007 09:18 AM

this may have been beaten to death as a subject else where...

but unless we dae sumin aboot it.. WE LOSE OUR CULTURE...

bike shows/judges/mags are puttin the wrong message out... saying its ok to trailer bikes!!! NOW IF WE AWE DONE THAT... f**kin choke up the motorways fer starters lol...

bike shows are somewhere where bikers can enjoy the run tae...
meet others on the road... appreciate everyones bikes... somewhere tae have fun & LEAVE THE BULL**** BEHIND!!!

Now a de grudge anyone prize money for a NEW BACK TYRE!!! lol BUT RESPECT IS EARNED....

NOW TIME THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THESE THINGS..SHOWS/MAGS etc
realise what they're doing to the culture of the motorcycle world...

Git rid of the BULL**** n get back to what its really all about!!!

Nik 08-05-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjtriker666
thing is ow the fukk do ya stop it appenin,
ppl tend to tell porkies

That's the problem, isn't it? If someone blatantly trailers in the bikes then you can stop 'em, but if they park up down the road and unload and ride in, how're the organisers s'posed to know?

And (cue the abuse), I was the judge for the custom show. :)

Grav 08-05-2007 09:47 AM

Not this again.......

have we become the latest fad again..... :rolleyes:

Bikes are for life and for riding. If you build a chop, or pay to have one built for you, use the damn thing. The Build Off bikes, all stunning machines, were all ridden to the show. A bit of studious cleaning later and they were all back to their immaculate best. It aint difficult........

As for the Classic Bike owners, my mate Chuck had a 1960's Triumph Daytona. It was immaculate, he was not afraid to ride it in the rain either. When he got home from every ride, he would clean it before putting it in his shed. His philosophy was: "Keep it clean and it will last you a lifetime." He proved this right when his immaculate Triumph Daytona took pride of place at the head of his funeral cortege.

There's no excuse for trailering a bike to a show. It's taking the piss.

bill? 08-05-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
but if they park up down the road and unload and ride in, how're the organisers s'posed to know?

lack of wear / condition off the tyres is a bit of a clue. likewise the inside of mudguards and under engine. if it don't get ridden far these bits will still be reasonably clean and often get forgotten in the pre-show clean up.

Nik 08-05-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill?
lack of wear / condition off the tyres is a bit of a clue. likewise the inside of mudguards and under engine. if it don't get ridden far these bits will still be reasonably clean and often get forgotten in the pre-show clean up.

You're joking, mate, you haven't seen how anal some of these guys are ... ;) :eek: :D

Captain Smurf 08-05-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
That's the problem, isn't it? If someone blatantly trailers in the bikes then you can stop 'em, but if they park up down the road and unload and ride in, how're the organisers s'posed to know?

And (cue the abuse), I was the judge for the custom show. :)

"It's won trophies at 5 shows, you know. Why has it only done 10 miles? Ahhh - fitted a new speedo this week"

p.s. HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY NIK :D

Grav 08-05-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
You're joking, mate, you haven't seen how anal some of these guys are ... ;) :eek: :D

Why do you always have to bring Anal into every conversation?

:D