100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This months 100% (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24316)

Peirre 30-10-2006 05:31 PM

This months 100%

a good read so far
buts whats with the germanic bollox, and theres a listing in the whats on for the Celtic warriors birthday bash at wood green :confused: which was prolly entered as it went to print before the recent news

mckay 30-10-2006 05:35 PM

always a good read, gutted about Celtic warriors that was a good do !!! (why have they disolved / shut down the club ?? or does it go deeper ??

Limey

Simon B 30-10-2006 05:47 PM

Dont get the germanic stuff at all?

Nik 30-10-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peirre O`bollox
and theres a listing in the whats on for the Celtic warriors birthday bash at wood green :confused: which was prolly entered as it went to print before the recent news

You've answered your own question ... ;)

Bosun 30-10-2006 06:46 PM

the germanic stuff fo;;ows on from the goldwing bits previos month etc

saw the panther in the flesh this august, interesting bike

manky monkey 30-10-2006 07:04 PM

I like the Germanic/Goldwing silliness. Nice idea to have it scattered through the mag at random. If you have to explain the joke though it loses it's point.
Fayji, you & I must follow each other round the country mate. I presume you saw Gary's Panther at The Popham airfield classic bike meet?
He's a mate of mine. Known him -ooh, must be 25 years now. Definitely a "character". He & I shared a feature in Back Street Heroes back in the mid 80s. We both rode chopped XS650s but in completely different styles. Before that we'd both owned different styled chopped Bonnies. He always goes for tall & short wheelbase, I always go for long & low.
The 100% crew picked up on his Panther after seeing it on Yodie's site, where he'd reproduced the featurette on it from my site. The BSH Yam write up's on mine too.
http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Bikes.htm

Nik 30-10-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manky monkey
The 100% crew picked up on his Panther after seeing it on Yodie's site, where he'd reproduced the featurette on it from my site.

Err, not exactly, he sent a couple of pix of it to the mag along with a load of info. Didn't see it on Yoda's ... :)

Bosun 30-10-2006 08:00 PM

yep saw it at popham
http://www.bosunsbikes.com/images/de...popham%202.jpg

start of my weeks holiday

we do seem to frequent similar roads :)

Blue 30-10-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manky monkey
The 100% crew picked up on his Panther after seeing it on Yodie's site, where he'd reproduced the featurette on it from my site.

True - I remember Pat saying she'd spotted it there.

manky monkey 30-10-2006 08:58 PM

'Tis true. x

bizzie lizzie 30-10-2006 09:13 PM

That's a good-looking bike, except I really don't like the bars. I have an XS650 frame and motor awaiting the tender attentions of Big Pete/G.O.P. and I'm still looking for ideas so thanks for the link, most interesting :)

manky monkey 30-10-2006 09:17 PM

My pleasure. :)

Dogz 30-10-2006 09:20 PM

Other than the Bikes. Love the center spread. the way her boob just peeps under the bars...very sexy !!

manky monkey 30-10-2006 09:24 PM

I only got as far as checking the contents page before a workmate borrowed it -got to wait till tomorrow to get it back now!

Nik 31-10-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue
True - I remember Pat saying she'd spotted it there.

You can remember what you like, flower, but I found out about it from the pix that Pat gave me that the owner sent in and arranged to have it photographed from there ... :)

floris 01-11-2006 06:30 AM

Some nice bikes in this issue. That Victory looks good!

Bosun 01-11-2006 06:51 AM

now the victory is one bike im unsure of

seen it elsewhere, and It dont float my boat

but hey its variety :)

scouselee 01-11-2006 08:49 AM

Glad the packaging changed, my postie was thinking I was a perv each month when it arrived in the brown envelope, I do like the Panther chop :)
twas a good read

Simon B 01-11-2006 09:05 AM

Finished mine now, bit suprised that Streetfighters day at the ace gets more pages than the Bulldog? 5 pages for a one day event? bit over the top aint it? I could understand if I was reading streetfighter
Fave bike gotta be the mad dog Buell, well tidy bit of kit.

shaggy696969 01-11-2006 09:09 AM

But to be fair Si the Bulldog, like Rock'n'Blues and Faro get done to death every year, whilst I admit they are the biggest shows, its nice to see in depth reviews of other events. Plus how many times do you want to see pictures of mr Jefford getting prizes and the same old unrideable show bikes. You got to remember this is 100% Biker and Streetfighters are bikes, more so IMHO than the bling bling unrideables. I like seeing the unusual and smaller events covered. The gremanic stuff ..... well thats another matter.

Simon B 01-11-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggy696969
But to be fair Si the Bulldog, like Rock'n'Blues and Faro get done to death every year, whilst I admit they are the biggest shows, its nice to see in depth reviews of other events. Plus how many times do you want to see pictures of mr Jefford getting prizes and the same old unrideable show bikes. You got to remember this is 100% Biker and Streetfighters are bikes, more so IMHO than the bling bling unrideables. I like seeing the unusual and smaller events covered. The gremanic stuff ..... well thats another matter.

Every bike that won prizes at the Bulldog was ridden.
Wasnt aware that VIc won anything this year
Maybe the events you mention have been ''done to death'' cause they are very popular, dont know how many people where at the ace fighter day but bully had over 25,000 for four days.
Now take BSH and look at the Bulldog article, well written great picture etc etc + it was the 20th anniversary of the event so I reckon it deserves a good bit of coverage

Taff 01-11-2006 09:43 AM

Vic never took owt this year, Hellboy, which he built, got 2nd best paint.
BSH has a two page spread of the best in each category taking their trophy.
With the exception of two, i couldn't say any of the 15 pictured appear to be a hardly usable show bike.

shaggy696969 01-11-2006 09:53 AM

Im not saying it doesnt deserve coverage, just in every magazine ? we have a choice of mags but why do they have to cover the same events. Give us a choice, I didnt know who won the prizes nor did I care, I know all showbikes have to be ridden but that doesnt make them rideable there is a world of difference. And yes the biggest shows need coverage but not to the expense of others. I don't buy BSH as I did get sick and tired of reading variants of the same articles every year. 100% seem to be following suit, will have to see what Brit chopper brings. Keep things varied and keep the interest.

Simon B 01-11-2006 10:27 AM

Every magazine?

Shaggy we've only mentioned two and they are the main ones for custom bikes in the UK at the moment.

Did you go to the Bulldog? Have you seen all the show winners? as already said there was only a couple that wouldnt be practical for regular use.

rob 01-11-2006 03:50 PM

read a mates copy today, to see if it's worth gettin' this month...
sadly not. the only thing that i found half-way interesting was nik's trike report and the engineering of the victory. IMHO the mag seems to be loosing it's identity/direction, going from a 'proper' grass-roots biker mag to a pale imitation of BSH. luckily we now have Brit Chopper.......

but what do i know, eh??

Yoda 01-11-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
You can remember what you like, flower, but I found out about it from the pix that Pat gave me that the owner sent in and arranged to have it photographed from there ... :)

this was simple
Pat seen it on my site
pat asked me if i knew whos it was
it was a duplicate feature on both mine and mankies site
Manky Monkey knew the guy
Manky monkey passed details to pat
Pat contacted guy

see simple LOL :) :)

Taff 01-11-2006 04:48 PM

...flower.

shaggy696969 01-11-2006 05:34 PM

Right I'm back , wern't gonna comment no more till I read the artical in question, and have done so now, what I'm getting at Si is year in year out you see the same shows covered , I realise these are because they are the biggest but, we have 2 magazines which insist on covering the shows in normally a very simmalar manner, I said normally for a reason, as having read the 100% artical on the Bulldog I must admit to having been impressed, as the Author Doc Rod has put a new slant on the event, looking more at the side of the Sprinter, this indeed is refreshing, I didn't mean to be-little the bikes at the show, just more the all show no go bikes that often frequents, The Chopper Club bike that took best chop was indeed fuckin gorgeous and I know it would be ridden long and hard, no easy task on a bike like that.
I'm not having a pop at the Shows because they are all very good at what they do, I just think if the magazines want to show other events such as Streetfighter day at the Ace, then encourage it not slag em off for it, for it is the diversity that is Biking and the ability to be different yet the same is what keeps biking/motorcycling alive.
As 100% cover shows Si, its not just custom bikes it covers, it also covers Streefighter , trikes and all variants of Biking.

Blue 01-11-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

The Chopper Club bike that took best chop was indeed fuckin gorgeous and I know it would be ridden long and hard, no easy task on a bike like that.

Unfortunately, not by the owner.

Blue 01-11-2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

But to be fair Si the Bulldog, like Rock'n'Blues and Faro get done to death every year, whilst I admit they are the biggest shows, its nice to see in depth reviews of other events.

As has pointed out, there are a number of shows that are covered each year (would you expect newspapers to ignore the Grand National and the FA Cup Final because they've been 'done' before). But, this year, in eleven issues BSH has covered 90 events, a lot of which we've never done before and a few that have never been featured anywhere else, and if we had more pages we could have done a lot more.