100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Three Harley shops close ... (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45241)

Nik 25-07-2011 09:02 AM

Three Harley shops close ...

http://steeltownchoppers.blogspot.co...53bdf572d43232

:(

rob 25-07-2011 09:12 AM

"I have always said the same over the years that I don't like motorcycles at all, I fucking love H.D's!! Bikes as a rule don't interest me, if I see a Honda or a Suzuki in a car park or a Kawasaki or a Ducati riding down the road I don't bat an eye lid. But the mere glimpse of a Harley or the sound of one ahead electrifies my very soul".

:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

W.I.T.C.H 25-07-2011 02:29 PM

you shock me rob

johnr 25-07-2011 02:51 PM

i think he was quoting the sage words of the owner of the blog that nik posted!

johnr 25-07-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik (Post 615903)

wow, he must have read ALL of their press releases and brochures! somehow cant see visiting all their dealers and ticking them off his list with all the obsession of a trainspotter being quite in line with the 'bad ass bro' image they want to propagate.
:D:D

droid 25-07-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 615905)
"I have always said the same over the years that I don't like motorcycles at all, I fucking love H.D's!! Bikes as a rule don't interest me, if I see a Honda or a Suzuki in a car park or a Kawasaki or a Ducati riding down the road I don't bat an eye lid. But the mere glimpse of a Harley or the sound of one ahead electrifies my very soul".

I get like that with English Electric diesels....:D

LTTP 25-07-2011 05:55 PM

all the dealerships fuck me hes got too much time on his hands maybe he enjoys a posh coffee and smelling that new chaps smell:D

Nufkamp 25-07-2011 06:29 PM

Or he gets a lazy lob at the sight of the HOG patch........

cruisin chris 26-07-2011 07:26 PM

Going to that many harley dealers means that he definatly likes getting shafted up the arse cos thats all there good for. Fucking hoggy rip off merchants.:mad:

cruisin chris 26-07-2011 07:50 PM

That does'nt mean that i don't appreciate a nicely made harley from somones shed though, just a shame that you can't buy one thats already perfect , they should already come with the better cams , cans , bars ect . But alas NO cos that would mean no aftersales rip offs.:cool:

irishbiker 28-07-2011 09:20 PM

Wow :eek:

I was in Manchester HD just last week (just to buy a bolt for me primary casing on me special - bloody 1.50 for a bolt but that's another story)

I did comment of the lack of stock. I do feel bad for the guys on the service counter They always went out of their way to help me even to the point of digging out a buell gear linkage from a mechanics stash box so I could get back on the road for Farmyard...

P.

saxman 29-07-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 615905)

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7228...ne4-vs-htc-evo

rob 29-07-2011 06:11 AM

lol .............

Triker_spider 04-08-2011 08:02 AM

I was lucky enough to own an '81 Shovelhead Wideglide for a few years, unfortunately didnt have the funds to get it all sorted and it had severe overheating/oil delivery problems, had it for 3 years but ended up having to sell it to get something more reliable and cheaper to fix if it did break. Nearest HD dealership to me was Stadium in Walthamstow, where they turned their noses up at me as I had an old Harley but it wasnt in mint condition, tried to charge me over 120 for a triangular washer and one bolt.

Their arguement was that because they didnt carry them in stock they would have to order packs of both of them from the states and I would have to buy both packs as it wasnt a part they were interested in carrying. A pack of 12 washers and a pack of 10 bolts, which was weird in itself as there was only 8 of those bolts and washers needed for the whole bike!!!

Miss the Shovel like mad, dont miss the people, dont get me wrong not all Harley riders are assholes by any means, unfortunately most of the riders I came across were chequebook bikers, wore everything Harley, and barely knew how to put fuel in them.

Did Rally security at a few HOG rallies to help a mate out and these people would bring their Harleys on a trailer just to park it outside the chalet, where it stayed until it was time to trailer it up for the journey home!!! (They couldnt possibly camp, they had to take over a holiday park for the weekend!!!)

Lou Lou 08-08-2011 04:26 PM

Auction

Info in the Biker chat bit about the auction of the stuff!

steeltownchoppers 14-09-2011 10:21 AM

Wow I have caused a some contraversie

I am the guy who posted the story on the three H.D dealers closing. it's mental for a biker forum there aren't many Harley fans here. I am by far not rich, I have never trailered my bike anywhere except home when I had a puncture, I am no bloody way anything to do with the H.O.G crowd and I haven't too much time on my hands, haha. I work all hours god sends for peanuts, nmw. My Harley is the only thing I really own and the life I lead is no way the type where I walk around dressed in everything harley, far from it. I am just a die-hard harley fan. I don't mind the odd triumph, but if I'm honnest and thats all i tried to be i don't like japaneese bikes. As for visiting all the dealers, why not? think about it, they are everywhere, thats alot of miles of riding in every corner of the country. an for a h.d fan where better to go, if i was a triumph guy id do their dealerships. I'm a biker born and bread, my parents were and my children will be. I no way are one of those people that buy a lifestyle. Its those guys that dress up trying to be me on a weekend. It doent matter what we all ride, we shouldnt be acting like old washer women bad mouthing people on here for simply tellins people some news id heard. after all mags like say bsh for example wasnt aware of the closures until i emailed them.

kidhaf 14-09-2011 12:20 PM

You were judged based upon the information available. Most bikers if they are honest have sneaking fondness for Harleys. The problem occurs with the majority of owners. A case of the majority fucking it up for the few.

Most of us have had the Harley stealership attitude shoved at us so we tend to be a bit arsey with any body that seems to be followng the HD party line.

A few of the lads on here have really smart Harleys but then again most have been modded or worked on by non HD dealershpis.

Personally am stuck wi Triumphs or any older British bike and the odd Harley.

rob 14-09-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltownchoppers (Post 619596)
it's mental for a biker forum there aren't many Harley fans here. I am by far not rich,

Or educated..... :rolleyes:

mickturate 14-09-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishbiker (Post 616172)
Wow :eek:

I was in Manchester HD just last week (just to buy a bolt for me primary casing on me special - bloody 1.50 for a bolt but that's another story)

P.

You was ROBBED: I paid 1.49 inc V.A.T. at Warrs Kings road in that there lunnun....

I'd write them a stiff letter.....:D

droid 14-09-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltownchoppers (Post 619596)
it's mental for a biker forum there aren't many Harley fans here.

There's plenty of Harley 'fans' on here, they just aren't 'fans' of the trading practices of H-D Corp....

dixie 14-09-2011 07:28 PM

Meks me question why the mighty Mo.Co didn't intervene and help prevent the closure of these 3 outlets that sold their product..?

addjunkie 14-09-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixie (Post 619632)
Meks me question why the mighty Mo.Co didn't intervene and help prevent the closure of these 3 outlets that sold their product..?

They are independant buinsenses like any other, if not financially viable will either be forced to liquidate, by their creditors, or will self liquidate beofre being forced.

I like harleys, I have 2, a newish one and an old shovel.........as for the dealer ship..........

If you ask for something, its got to be ordered in, they seem to stock next to nothing, and anything slightly off ie not mr bling bling they need to get the catalouge out. well I can read and I can open a catalouge. So there is no real need to go, unless you want to buy harley knickers or dog bowls.

Anyway we cant go now coz MM gets so wound up by some of the people who shop there, an awful lot of ignorant snobbery, if your not a member of the pigglet club.

And its so much cheaper to buy elsewhere.

pastyman 14-09-2011 07:42 PM

think of it the other way - less stealerships = less R.U.Bs on the road :thumbu:

Dax 15-09-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droid (Post 619630)
There's plenty of Harley 'fans' on here, they just aren't 'fans' of the trading practices of H-D Corp....

True that :cool: