100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Down The Pub (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   what would you do (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15690)

bunbag 04-02-2006 08:02 AM

what would you do

last night on shift spyed a bloke oan a 125 yellow race type bike wi his woman oan the back both had no helmets on at 3am last night
so i got control to get the police . to stop them
i would hate to think that they stole someone,s bike and joy ride it then smash it up for kicks
but oan the other hand i hope it wiz,na his own bike and i have dropped them in the ****
no helmet always make,s me think stolen bike :(

what does the forum think was i right or wrong or just a feckin nosey old git

kitkatman 04-02-2006 08:04 AM

its illegal and fuckin stupid to ride without a pot on..........i would have reported them

scouselee 04-02-2006 08:06 AM

Don't worry about it, even if it was their bike, you may well have saved the womans life, cos at that time of the morning no doubt alcohol had been consumed, why else would they take the chance without lids.

probably robbed and you helped someone get their bike back, well done

Lee

tease 04-02-2006 08:13 AM

While Im not a fan of lids, it is the law, and yep, seeing someone without makes me think its stolen as well, so from MY point of view I think you did right as well.

jonnyf...p 04-02-2006 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkatman
its illegal and fuckin stupid to ride without a pot on..........i would have reported them

Well they let sikhs do it.. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...s_640_hi_2.jpg

kitkatman 04-02-2006 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnyfp

so....let em die

Lyn 04-02-2006 08:24 AM

Think you did the right thing Bunbag :)

Lyn 04-02-2006 08:24 AM

PMSL @ Jfp's picture of can of worms ahead LOL................... OK let the debate begin............................. :D

Spike 04-02-2006 08:25 AM

Ya dont need worms for fishing now ;) (see other post lol ) :D

jonnyf...p 04-02-2006 08:31 AM

Well you got a choice, you can carry a knife and wear a big towel on ya head or wear a lid.

However 2 things, i love riding without a pot did it in stretton hills once on a hot summer day and was very exhilarating.

2nd thing any nationality or walk of life that fought and still fights with our lads is fine with me.

Taff 04-02-2006 08:33 AM

Grass. .

UKRobT309 04-02-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taff
Grass. .

Its all fuckin drugs drugs drugs with you aint it young man :D

critch 04-02-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnyfp
Well you got a choice, you can carry a knife and wear a big towel on ya head or wear a lid.

However 2 things, i love riding without a pot did it in stretton hills once on a hot summer day and was very exhilarating.

2nd thing any nationality or walk of life that fought and still fights with our lads is fine with me.

ill happily ride round with no lid and have done so on many occasions, when the mood takes me... believe me the back roads round north wales are spot on for it :)

REMEMBER FRED HILL!!!!!!!

Bosun 04-02-2006 11:03 AM

Difficult call bunbag

at 3am and no signs of carrying a helmet i would consider the bike probably stolen

if carrying pots would consider leaving them to enjoy

critch 04-02-2006 11:08 AM

oops forgot to put probly stolen though so ya did the right thing :o

bunbag 04-02-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fayji
Difficult call bunbag

at 3am and no signs of carrying a helmet i would consider the bike probably stolen

no skid lids yes i would have turned a blind eye dont get me wrong i did not like doing this, just thought the bike was nicked :o

Violetmay 04-02-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunbag
last night on shift spyed a bloke oan a 125 yellow race type bike wi his woman oan the back both had no helmets on at 3am last night
i would hate to think that they stole someone,s bike and joy ride it then smash it up for kicks
but oan the other hand i hope it wiz,na his own bike and i have dropped them in the ****

You did right thing, some would say it's their business, but they could have been hurt, and hurt others too in process. Prob was stolen...

T

seedless 04-02-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fayji
Difficult call bunbag

Tend to agree with Fayji's view here, so yes Bunbag you did right

Dougie 04-02-2006 01:37 PM

If you ever see someone that's no' me on mine call the feds m8!

bunbag 04-02-2006 01:37 PM

thanks for yer comments :(

Doro 04-02-2006 04:07 PM

I think you did the right thing mate - and considering your job - you know what the result of them having an off would be :cool:

Mitch 04-02-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critch
ill happily ride round with no lid and have done so on many occasions, when the mood takes me... believe me the back roads round north wales are spot on for it :)

REMEMBER FRED HILL!!!!!!!

Too fuckin' right! I ride lidless when the mood takes me... Beltane morning was cool last year! Sun up! :D
Maybe the three am thing spooked you Bunbag, but it could have been this bloke's bike - who knows?
BTW KKM, just because something's against the law, there'll always be people who think that law's a load of bollox - that particular law was only brought in because these erstwhile 'parliamentarians' :rolleyes: had feck all else to do - considering 75% of bikers/scooterists in 1973 rode with helmets on BY CHOICE -
People who disagree with a law will try and challenge it and change it. If that hadn't been the case, we'd all have been paying Maggie T's Poll Tax wouldn't we, not its watered down cousin!

PILRCGeff 04-02-2006 04:42 PM

Normally, Id say let em crack on BUT
Even if I rode without a helmet, I wouldnt let my bird go on the back without one so prob joyriders and anyway, at 3 in the morning Id be prepared to bet it was knicked.
On balance of probability you did good mate.

johnr 04-02-2006 04:44 PM

plod

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunbag

right move, i'd have called plod too,
eithr it was nicked, in which case call plod,
or they were pissed, in which case call plod,
if it was legit, then he would have ha a lid on, and if he had only one lid, then you would think he would give it to her, nah fck em, its not your problem if he is a dickhead, call the old bill and let him explain himself

bunbag 04-02-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougie

i make sure to pass your way when on night,s just to see if its still under raps an no yins up to no good ;)

iomrob 04-02-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougie

ooooohhh tempting.......... no i ........or ..no i wont :D

you did the right thing mate

Mitch 04-02-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnr
if it was legit, then he would have ha a lid on, and if he had only one lid

wind forward three hours... if someone saw me without a lid at 6am, would they think I'd nicked the bike...?

We don't need a police state in this country, as we've already got one. Folk grass up other folk - do the government's work for them... :rolleyes:

It's funny, the amount of people who think MAG's a feckin' bike club... :confused:

johnr 04-02-2006 05:07 PM

eh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch
wind forward three hours... if someone saw me without a lid at 6am, would they think I'd nicked the bike...?

We don't need a police state in this country, as we've already got one. Folk grass up other folk - do the government's work for them... :rolleyes:

It's funny, the amount of people who think MAG's a feckin' bike club... :confused:

eh? :rolleyes:

Mitch 04-02-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnr
eh? :rolleyes:

I don't know if you find this yourself, but down here, a lot of folk who join MAG see it as just-another-fuckin-bike-club with all the social entertainments laid on, not realising it's got a serious aim to it - it gets my goat when it gets like a knitting circle, everyone just nattering on about bollox...

And yes, getting rid of that law surrounding 'compulsory helmet use' is still one of those aims.

howee 04-02-2006 05:39 PM

i think it would of been funny to see them fall off the stupid kants