100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mr Gerry Tobin (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36872)

Steve D 30-09-2008 04:18 PM

Mr Gerry Tobin
 
The trial for those accused of taking part in the murder of Gerry Tobin is set for tommorrow (october 1st) at Birmingham Crown court.

TektroG 30-09-2008 07:08 PM

And...........?

I'm sure those concerned are well aware.

shaggy696969 30-09-2008 07:14 PM

I think it was just a case of bringing it to our attention. Lets hope Justice is done and not just seen to be done.

booie2 30-09-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TektroG (Post 539260)
And...........?

I'm sure those concerned are well aware.


Think that was uncalled for, I believe like shaggy said that PigPen was just informing us.
I appreciate PigPen for posting this piece of information personally. Gerry's death affected alot of people, even those that dint know him and are not in the know.


I used to really enjoy this forum, but it appears that alot of people see this forum as a place to put their 'bully/arrogant/asshole' head on.
And this isn't solely directed at you tektrog, Your post just fuelled what i've been thinking for a while.

Juke 30-09-2008 08:03 PM

In fairness, I dont need it bringing to my attention. Even as someone who aint in the 'those concerned' bracket, I have had this date on my mind for the past few weeks.
Hang the fuckers, and hang those who agree with the actions of such gutless wankers! :mad:

And yes, I would air that view to anyone who thought I was wrong.....:rolleyes:

droid 30-09-2008 08:04 PM

Maybe those that were that affected would be keeping up with developments anyway....

I wasn't so I didn't, and it was news to me.

hacky 30-09-2008 08:48 PM

this is probly a thread that shouldnt be commented on until its done....

Far Canal 30-09-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booie2 (Post 539267)
Think that was uncalled for, I believe like shaggy said that PigPen was just informing us.
I appreciate PigPen for posting this piece of information personally. Gerry's death affected alot of people, even those that dint know him and are not in the know.


I used to really enjoy this forum, but it appears that alot of people see this forum as a place to put their 'bully/arrogant/asshole' head on.
And this isn't solely directed at you tektrog, Your post just fuelled what i've been thinking for a while.

I second your sentiment entirely, well said.
I was glad to see a reminder of the case, as I must admit that it had slipped my mind. I would hate to think that Gerry's life had been lost & forgotten in such a short time. That we should lose interest or be disaffected before the case has even come to trial is a very sad indictment of the way society is today. Respect ...

Grav 30-09-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hacky (Post 539279)
this is probly a thread that shouldnt be commented on until its done....

I am inclined to agree. Can folks please hold back on commenting upon the case until it is over.

frenchie 30-09-2008 09:15 PM

its News and should be reported on, without specualtion, which is apparently how it sits at the moment.
facts, ok.
fren
lets keep it that way.

Blue38 30-09-2008 09:30 PM

Well,thanks for the heads up,didn't know when it was coming to trial.


Apart from that,agree with Grav,commentaries not needed at mo :thumbu:

joebaddy 30-09-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booie2 (Post 539267)
Think that was uncalled for, I believe like shaggy said that PigPen was just informing us.
I appreciate PigPen for posting this piece of information personally. Gerry's death affected alot of people, even those that dint know him and are not in the know.


I used to really enjoy this forum, but it appears that alot of people see this forum as a place to put their 'bully/arrogant/asshole' head on.
And this isn't solely directed at you tektrog, Your post just fuelled what i've been thinking for a while.

Well put Boo. Agree with everything you say.
;)

TektroG 30-09-2008 10:18 PM

Alright calm down you lot.

I've just had a butchers at Pig Pen's profile, who appears to be a contributor on here, if somewhat infrequent. My initial reaction was that it was possibly a journo scumbag posting to see if they could stir it up, hence the comment.

Blue38 30-09-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TektroG (Post 539298)
Alright calm down you lot.

I've just had a butchers at Pig Pen's profile, who appears to be a contributor on here, if somewhat infrequent. My initial reaction was that it was possibly a journo scumbag posting to see if they could stir it up, hence the comment.

Fair enough,we do get them :)

Grav 30-09-2008 10:29 PM

Indeed we do.

I know Pigpen from another place. He meant no harm in reminding us of what is about to occur and once again I ask that folks refrain from commenting until the case is over. Feelings will be running very high in certain places right now and will be for a few weeks yet. We have all felt the effects of this in various ways this year. so let us all be sensible and keep the peace.

TektroG 30-09-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

I used to really enjoy this forum, but it appears that alot of people see this forum as a place to put their 'bully/arrogant/asshole' head on.
And this isn't solely directed at you tektrog
Got no intention of keeping the peace. BOOIE - OUTSIDE, NOW!!
:D:p

Blue38 30-09-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav (Post 539300)
Indeed we do.

I know Pigpen from another place. He meant no harm in reminding us of what is about to occur and once again I ask that folks refrain from commenting until the case is over. Feelings will be running very high in certain places right now and will be for a few weeks yet. We have all felt the effects of this in various ways this year. so let us all be sensible and keep the peace.


Concur,avidly

booie2 30-09-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TektroG (Post 539303)
Got no intention of keeping the peace. BOOIE - OUTSIDE, NOW!!
:D:p


Yeah, bring it on if you think your hard enough, lol :D

Bosun 30-09-2008 10:52 PM

viagras great stuff :)










































(sorry booie)

TektroG 30-09-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booie2 (Post 539305)
Yeah, bring it on if you think your hard enough, lol :D

Watch out you only live down the road from me...:eek:

booie2 30-09-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TektroG (Post 539311)
Watch out you only live down the road from me...:eek:


lol, do i?, where bouts are you then?
gobby shites us southerners int we, lol

joebaddy 30-09-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue38 (Post 539304)
Concur,avidly


why do you 'concur' with everyone. are you a Barrister then, cos that's legal speak. :rolleyes:

joebaddy 30-09-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booie2 (Post 539312)
lol, do i?, where bouts are you then?
gobby shites us southerners int we, lol

Oi !!! stop flirting you. :D:D

TektroG 30-09-2008 11:27 PM

Things are looking up. Winchester

Only an hour ago I was a bully/asshole;)

booie2 01-10-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TektroG (Post 539315)
Things are looking up. Winchester

Only an hour ago I was a bully/asshole;)


Yeah but you explained you thought it was a journo, so i kind of forgave ya,

I was in Winchester a week ago Sunday, I parked my bike across road from Next and when i started her up, people scowled at me, coz i made them jump, made me laugh. :D

Sir Ewok 01-10-2008 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebaddy (Post 539313)
why do you 'concur' with everyone. are you a Barrister then, cos that's legal speak. :rolleyes:

Concur is English and is common usage, lawyers only use it because they can't spell agree......:p

Urban Terrorist 01-10-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hacky (Post 539279)
this is probly a thread that shouldnt be commented on until its done....

Well they won't now, it's gone off on a right load of shite:rolleyes:

Sir Ewok 01-10-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist (Post 539337)
Well they won't now, it's gone off on a right load of shite:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, that is the way it goes however serious it starts out.

I didn't know Gerry but would be interested in updated (genuine) information on how the case is going. Gerry was a Bro, even though most here didn't know him we are connected by the common love of the biker lifestyle.

Suzukiron 01-10-2008 11:32 AM

NAE CLASS!!

Later
Ron

Steve D 01-10-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TektroG (Post 539298)
Alright calm down you lot.

I've just had a butchers at Pig Pen's profile, who appears to be a contributor on here, if somewhat infrequent. My initial reaction was that it was possibly a journo scumbag posting to see if they could stir it up, hence the comment.

I'm a 53 year old bricklayer who rides a Harley softail, and has been riding continuously since I was 18.
I was sufficiently moved by the circumstances of Mr Tobins death to ride up to London and take part in his funeral procession. The repercusions to our lifestyle since then are well known to everyone on here.
These two reasons are why I shall take an interest in this court case, and I assumed that others would have an equal interest.
P.S. The reason for the infrequent posts is that after biking and sailing I don't have that much spare time for computing.

booie2 01-10-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 539362)
Unfortunately, that is the way it goes however serious it starts out.

It went this way, as we were all asked to not comment on the case, not once but twice, concured by several, however, i am sure as night follows day, that the respect here for Gerry and his memory, that when we do have some news on the case, all the frivolity will cease.

joebaddy 01-10-2008 05:15 PM

That fooking word concurred. One uses it and so everyone follows suit like sheep. Not you Boo cos you are bootiful and was only quoting. :D:D

But on a serious note I agree with what you say - again. I take the matter of Gerry very seriously as did everyone of us who rode with him on his last journey. But news is news and it has to and will be, commented on as it happens, though speculation is dangerous I have to agree. But no one has speculated on this thread anyway as far as I can see.

kitkatman 01-10-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig Pen (Post 539407)
I'm a 53 year old bricklayer who rides a Harley softail, and has been riding continuously since I was 18.
I was sufficiently moved by the circumstances of Mr Tobins death to ride up to London and take part in his funeral procession. The repercusions to our lifestyle since then are well known to everyone on here.
These two reasons are why I shall take an interest in this court case, and I assumed that others would have an equal interest.
P.S. The reason for the infrequent posts is that after biking and sailing I don't have that much spare time for computing.

enough said mate.......some people dont have to be on here 24/7 to contribute....thanks for the update/reminder and hopefully justice ( of whatever kind) will prevail and the fuckers will rot in hell

joebaddy 01-10-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig Pen (Post 539407)
I'm a 53 year old bricklayer who rides a Harley softail, and has been riding continuously since I was 18.
I was sufficiently moved by the circumstances of Mr Tobins death to ride up to London and take part in his funeral procession. The repercusions to our lifestyle since then are well known to everyone on here.
These two reasons are why I shall take an interest in this court case, and I assumed that others would have an equal interest.
P.S. The reason for the infrequent posts is that after biking and sailing I don't have that much spare time for computing.

Fair comment Pigpen, you stand your corner mate. Your entitled. ;)

jimmymoonlite 01-10-2008 07:12 PM

Ahem..........er............'ere, is'nt it really shyte weather we are having??

It was pretty shyte on the way home from the Whitley Bay Festival of Motorcycling last year 'n all which coincidentally was the same weekend as the Bulldog.............made good time mind from THE TOON till I got onto the M40 and got snarled up in stationary traffic.

I attended London too for the following very sad occasion and I was moved, humbled and yeah, proud I guess to be only one of thousands who felt the need to pay respect to a downed brother.

"Gentleman Gerry".........I never met him, never knew him but like many my life has been touched by his passing.

R.I.P. Bro................deep, deep respect ................not forgotten...

EverReady

Blue38 02-10-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebaddy (Post 539313)
why do you 'concur' with everyone. are you a Barrister then, cos that's legal speak. :rolleyes:


concurring is a man thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D:D

BigRedMachineLondon 02-10-2008 12:07 PM

Hi all.
My personal view is that I see no reason at all why it shouldn't be commented on...
I'm guessing that 99% of people on here already know the basics behind the fact that Gerry was shot from behind whilst riding his bike by a car full of outlaws, and believe me when I say nothing written in the press, forums or anyplace else for that matter will ever change my memory of being sat next to my brother as they pronounced him dead.

Urban Terrorist 02-10-2008 12:14 PM

Nothing to say to that. Just hope they get whats coming to them.:mad:

joebaddy 02-10-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedMachineLondon (Post 539523)
Hi all.
My personal view is that I see no reason at all why it shouldn't be commented on...
I'm guessing that 99% of people on here already know the basics behind the fact that Gerry was shot from behind whilst riding his bike by a car full of outlaws, and believe me when I say nothing written in the press, forums or anyplace else for that matter will ever change my memory of being sat next to my brother as they pronounced him dead.

I feel like I should say something in reply to this, but to be honest, for once I'm lost for words other than to say, you have my personal deepest respect and support always.

Joe

Ezri 02-10-2008 12:38 PM

I dont see a problem with commenting on this, respectfully of course. But speculating is another thing altogether.

Much respect to BigRedMachine.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.