100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Biker Chat (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mr Gerry Tobin (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36872)

booie2 01-10-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ewok (Post 539362)
Unfortunately, that is the way it goes however serious it starts out.

It went this way, as we were all asked to not comment on the case, not once but twice, concured by several, however, i am sure as night follows day, that the respect here for Gerry and his memory, that when we do have some news on the case, all the frivolity will cease.

joebaddy 01-10-2008 05:15 PM

That fooking word concurred. One uses it and so everyone follows suit like sheep. Not you Boo cos you are bootiful and was only quoting. :D:D

But on a serious note I agree with what you say - again. I take the matter of Gerry very seriously as did everyone of us who rode with him on his last journey. But news is news and it has to and will be, commented on as it happens, though speculation is dangerous I have to agree. But no one has speculated on this thread anyway as far as I can see.

kitkatman 01-10-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig Pen (Post 539407)
I'm a 53 year old bricklayer who rides a Harley softail, and has been riding continuously since I was 18.
I was sufficiently moved by the circumstances of Mr Tobins death to ride up to London and take part in his funeral procession. The repercusions to our lifestyle since then are well known to everyone on here.
These two reasons are why I shall take an interest in this court case, and I assumed that others would have an equal interest.
P.S. The reason for the infrequent posts is that after biking and sailing I don't have that much spare time for computing.

enough said mate.......some people dont have to be on here 24/7 to contribute....thanks for the update/reminder and hopefully justice ( of whatever kind) will prevail and the fuckers will rot in hell

joebaddy 01-10-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig Pen (Post 539407)
I'm a 53 year old bricklayer who rides a Harley softail, and has been riding continuously since I was 18.
I was sufficiently moved by the circumstances of Mr Tobins death to ride up to London and take part in his funeral procession. The repercusions to our lifestyle since then are well known to everyone on here.
These two reasons are why I shall take an interest in this court case, and I assumed that others would have an equal interest.
P.S. The reason for the infrequent posts is that after biking and sailing I don't have that much spare time for computing.

Fair comment Pigpen, you stand your corner mate. Your entitled. ;)

jimmymoonlite 01-10-2008 07:12 PM

Ahem..........er............'ere, is'nt it really shyte weather we are having??

It was pretty shyte on the way home from the Whitley Bay Festival of Motorcycling last year 'n all which coincidentally was the same weekend as the Bulldog.............made good time mind from THE TOON till I got onto the M40 and got snarled up in stationary traffic.

I attended London too for the following very sad occasion and I was moved, humbled and yeah, proud I guess to be only one of thousands who felt the need to pay respect to a downed brother.

"Gentleman Gerry".........I never met him, never knew him but like many my life has been touched by his passing.

R.I.P. Bro................deep, deep respect ................not forgotten...

EverReady

Blue38 02-10-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebaddy (Post 539313)
why do you 'concur' with everyone. are you a Barrister then, cos that's legal speak. :rolleyes:


concurring is a man thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D:D

BigRedMachineLondon 02-10-2008 12:07 PM

Hi all.
My personal view is that I see no reason at all why it shouldn't be commented on...
I'm guessing that 99% of people on here already know the basics behind the fact that Gerry was shot from behind whilst riding his bike by a car full of outlaws, and believe me when I say nothing written in the press, forums or anyplace else for that matter will ever change my memory of being sat next to my brother as they pronounced him dead.

Urban Terrorist 02-10-2008 12:14 PM

Nothing to say to that. Just hope they get whats coming to them.:mad:

joebaddy 02-10-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedMachineLondon (Post 539523)
Hi all.
My personal view is that I see no reason at all why it shouldn't be commented on...
I'm guessing that 99% of people on here already know the basics behind the fact that Gerry was shot from behind whilst riding his bike by a car full of outlaws, and believe me when I say nothing written in the press, forums or anyplace else for that matter will ever change my memory of being sat next to my brother as they pronounced him dead.

I feel like I should say something in reply to this, but to be honest, for once I'm lost for words other than to say, you have my personal deepest respect and support always.

Joe

Ezri 02-10-2008 12:38 PM

I dont see a problem with commenting on this, respectfully of course. But speculating is another thing altogether.

Much respect to BigRedMachine.

The Beer Monsters 02-10-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezri (Post 539526)
I dont see a problem with commenting on this, respectfully of course. But speculating is another thing altogether.

Much respect to BigRedMachine.

Indeed.


As long as the only comments on here are respect and fact, then all's good.

joebaddy 02-10-2008 06:10 PM

They were only swearing the jury in today. Trial expected to last for 8 weeks so its gonna be a long haul. wish i'd been called for jury service on this one.

Nufkamp 02-10-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebaddy (Post 539558)
They were only swearing the jury in today. Trial expected to last for 8 weeks so its gonna be a long haul. wish i'd been called for jury service on this one.

The defence lawyers would have sniffed you out as a biker within seconds and objected to you.

Taff 02-10-2008 08:02 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...40-murder.html

shaggy696969 02-10-2008 08:19 PM

They couldnt even get the Heading right.

Nufkamp 02-10-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggy696969 (Post 539579)
They couldnt even get the Heading right.


And that bloody apostrophe makes yet another appearance!

bird 02-10-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggy696969 (Post 539579)
They couldnt even get the Heading right.

Unbelievably poor sub-editing. Bloody amateurs.

Blue38 02-10-2008 09:44 PM

Ok,I didn't mean commenting,speculating more like.
Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about cowards who can't/won't/don't face people. Why have those outside court got their faces covered?????????:rolleyes:

My respect will always be with Gerry,his family and his brothers,always

knuckle 02-10-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggy696969 (Post 539579)
They couldn't even get the Heading right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...40-murder.html

Ridiculous who's going on trial????:mad:

Just goes to show what the outside world know....Fuck all!

joebaddy 02-10-2008 10:51 PM

Paper should be sued for making such a monumental blunder as that. That is an insult to everything Gerry and his family, brothers and friends believe in.

Bloody stupid journo wankers. :mad:

Louis 02-10-2008 11:16 PM

With respect to all concerned the Mail appears to be a foul rag that should be treated the same as the Sun newspaper is treated in Liverpool...

Urban Terrorist 03-10-2008 06:49 AM

Yet again the media screw up the details, and people still belive the crap they print:rolleyes:

Urban Terrorist 03-10-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue38 (Post 539589)
Ok,I didn't mean commenting,speculating more like.
Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about cowards who can't/won't/don't face people. Why have those outside court got their faces covered?????????:rolleyes:

My respect will always be with Gerry,his family and his brothers,always


Same reason why they shot Gerry from behind, cos they are cowards that can't face people:mad::mad:

knuckle 03-10-2008 07:08 AM

See the mail have taken their comments page off this storey this morning.....LOL

Don't like being called fucking wankers I guess...:thumbsu:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...40-murder.html

Choprocker 03-10-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebaddy (Post 539558)
They were only swearing the jury in today. Trial expected to last for 8 weeks so its gonna be a long haul. wish i'd been called for jury service on this one.

With ya there m8.
just recentley done jury service on a shooting/murder, found him guilty and he got 33yrs 25 b4 parole for the murder 5 yrs for a gun found (not the 1 used in the murder) and 3 yrs for drugs.

wearthefoxhat 03-10-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 539607)
With respect to all concerned the Mail appears to be a foul rag that should be treated the same as the Sun newspaper is treated in Liverpool...

The newspapers used to report news. Now all they are interested in is selling more newspapers by sensationalist reports.

If you wanted the news and nothing but the news; no political spin, no outrage stories, read the Financial Times

Juke 03-10-2008 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When I clicked on Taff's link and saw the guy in the trenchcoat and glasses, I was shocked and dissappointed really. Only he know's his reasons for dressing like that, but if it's because he wants to hide his identity, then remove the patch fella.........coz that's a giveaway! :rolleyes:

The one thing that got my back up was the image of the guy in the background smiling right across his face. What does he have to smile about ffs?! Some 7 of his bro's are likely to be put away for a crime that brings thier club no respect at all. I guess those who wear BP's will understand this kind of emotion, but as someone who is an outsider, I don't understand it at all. :confused:

Whatever happens, whoever dresses up or why, I just hope justice is served for the sake of HA everywhere, Gerry's family but especially for Becky. This week must be one of the hardest of her life, and I feel for her deeply. The HA have lost a true brother, and a very respected member of the 'family' but Becky has lost her soulmate, and those are very hard things to find in this life.

Kylie 03-10-2008 10:16 AM

Juke - it is Becky I feel for most in all this too. I hope she has a lot of support, I know I would need it to get through a court case and all the media attention. Losing a loved one is bad enough, but to have to relive it all again over a year later must be hell.

frenchie 03-10-2008 10:27 AM

one of them just pleaded guilty on the court steps. The other 6 go into trial

Juke 03-10-2008 10:29 AM

I am sure the Club will support Becky all they can Kylie, but thier love and support of her will never ease what these gutless people have taken away from her.............:(

I am also sure that, like Gerry, Becky is in alot of peoples hearts and thoughts, and will be for a very long time to come..........;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.