100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/index.php)
-   Down The Pub (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   why again (http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417)

Bosun 07-06-2004 04:45 PM

why again

another thought struck me on way ho,me today
i bet all those people with England Flags,making their cars so airodynamic NOT
are the ones who complain they use too much fuel prices etc etc

flags, now whats all that about eh?

TaxiDave 07-06-2004 05:32 PM

What percentage of them are true England football supporters and how many are knobs just following the latest fashion gimick

Jim 07-06-2004 09:28 PM

I am a footy fan but rather than have the silly little car flag I've gone for the full size of Cross of St George hanging from the front bedroom window (hides the dodgy cracks in the brickwork a real treat !)

Can't wait till Sunday when we get to play those cheese eating surrender monkeys !

For the none football fans amongst you that means that on Sunday we will be playing, and beating, France.

triker_gal 07-06-2004 09:55 PM

I'm one of many that hate football, but just for the shear hell of it i'm going to stick my italian flag on my car and try and dodge a few missiles :D tee hee hee

BigBod 08-06-2004 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fayji

flags, now whats all that about eh?

It's about being proud to be English, that's wot!

BlackPig 08-06-2004 07:40 AM

Here we go again !!!!! :rolleyes:

Bosun 08-06-2004 08:14 AM

ah football that explains it

silly game with 22 people and a sheeps bladder

odie 08-06-2004 09:48 AM

3 things:
1) Football: poofs game, 1 scores a goal and the rest of his mates go and give him a kiss!, and at the end of the game they get in a bath together!!!!!!!
2) St george wasnt english, cannot remember where he was supposed to be from but it wasnt here!
3) I heard that the police are looking at doing people for driving with the bloody flags attached to their cars, some-thing to do with obstructing visability and if they fly off the could cause an accident and if they do cause one they will throw the book at them! :D

100%Pat 08-06-2004 12:07 PM

Jim!!

Do you mean just like they did with the Rugby........ :rolleyes:

Gypsy 08-06-2004 12:11 PM

hehe odie , go watch a local sunday league game, tis not for poofs at all, ok the premiership is full of them , but the baest way to watch the sport is in your local park.... i seen a few horrors on the pitch (caused a few meself too) :D

Bosun 08-06-2004 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=Gypsy] but the baest way to watch sport is in your local park..../QUOTE]

mmmm netball
mmm open top snogging
mmm sunbathing

long live voyeurism :D

odie 08-06-2004 12:37 PM

I feel that "football" if its going to be played should be played in the original manner village against village, give you an oppertunity to beat the sh-t out of one another, a bit like ice hockey!
now that would be fun!
Odds on david bloody beckham wouldnt look so smug then would he? :D

odie 08-06-2004 12:42 PM

Where i live we have a large playing field behind our flat and on a sunday morning i have to put up with the road being blocked up by d-ck heads cars cos they want to play football.
The noise from these "players" and i use the word lightly is horendous, you try getting a lie in with some tosser shouting and yorping when your tyring to have a lie in! :mad:

Gypsy 08-06-2004 12:50 PM

you can get serious rivalry between even local sunday clubs, seen everything from fractured skulls to protuding thigh bones lol,,, all good fun !!!!!

Doro 08-06-2004 02:07 PM

glad i ain't the bandaging type

but then again

some peeps are bad enough when sitting round doing nowt

accident prone or summat

anyway

boys can't play netball

BlackPig 08-06-2004 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=Doro)boys can't play netball[/QUOTE]

That's as maybe BUT we're avid fans !!!!! :D :D :D

Doro 08-06-2004 02:28 PM

lol

I walked into that one

:D

Doro 08-06-2004 02:29 PM

and I still have my school netball skirt

it's my fat-o-meter

one day....I will fit into it again

:D :D :D

WALLACE 08-06-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBod
It's about being proud to be English, that's wot!

THEN stick a ST. ANDREWS flag up an live a bit. freedom :rolleyes:

BigBod 08-06-2004 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WALLACE

That would have something to do with being 'British' then. Me, I'm English :D

vonny 08-06-2004 03:50 PM

Why again?

My old man's got the Irish Tricolour flag flying and is always proud of his country regardless wether they are playing footy or not. Funny how the Brits are only patriotic when it comes to sport. Anyway England are ****......

Mrs Reject 08-06-2004 05:17 PM

Me and Mitch like playing volleyball and sport naked but that's just us. :)
naturist club afficionados!
I followed a harley all the way home with a big St George's flag on the back. I hope no one thought we were together
:)

TaxiDave 08-06-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Reject
I followed a harley all the way home with a big St George's flag on the back. I hope no one thought we were together
:)

Is that cos of the flag or the Harley?? :rolleyes:

"HIGH TOWER" 08-06-2004 10:24 PM

on the old trike had the eurepean flag on that now that did confuse the people. :cool:

triker_gal 08-06-2004 10:28 PM

Fly the Italian Flag everyone, you know it makes sense :rolleyes:

WALLACE 09-06-2004 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBod
:rolleyes: Me, I'm English :D

you poor sod! come on CROATIA :D

odie 09-06-2004 03:29 AM

I think i will fly a pair of my wifes under-wear from the trike, worn and still warm of coarse! :D
Well i do support her or should i use one of her bra's? :rolleyes:

TaxiDave 09-06-2004 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odie
Well i do support her or should i use one of her bra's? :rolleyes:

As in the drag car sense as a parachute?? Especially the speed that you ride, I think you need all the stopping power possible :D

Dusty 09-06-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WALLACE

Just in case nobody has actually realised it,the fact is that these people are supporting their national team in an international tournament.
why would anybody fly the flag of St Andrew,or St Patrick or even that cute little red dragon at this time? I was just looking through the listings for the matches and surprise suprise England are the only UK country who got through to the finals.maybe that is why there are so many St George flags flying.
I have looked back on 100s of postings and noticed how people whinge about how non bikers perceive us and how they cant understand our passion for sleeping in leaky tents in the middle of a field listening to 40 year old rock songs being covered by everybody with a guitar,riding bikes in the pouring rain,and getting falling down drunk.And yet here some of you are casting the same criticism at people who dont fit into your mould,A lot of people are passionate about football ,(not me though, but i CAN HONESTLY say i believe in live and let live) so why then does it bother you so much that you have to moan like a load of old women.Or are the majority of digs from people who's teams didn't make it ?
All the usual stupid comments are there "22 men,sheeps bladder (when was the last time you looked at a football )all in the bath(nobody uses communal baths anymore, its all showers). And no doubt one of the replies on this thread will bring up the hooligan element,but again stop and think about the nutters and trouble makers in our chosen way of life.
Until we learn to accept everybody elses freedom to choose their pleasures,how can we expect or demand that they accept ours.

:;Remove sensible head:Replace with normal mode;:

cxdemon 09-06-2004 01:35 PM

Thought we weren't allowed to be patriotic anymore in case it offended some one? tough ois Cornish an' proud of it me 'ansome :D