PDA

View Full Version : HD Recall

Strider
10-06-2016, 05:32 AM
MILWAUKEE, Wisconson–Harley Davidson CEO Keith Wandell announced today that the popular American motorcycle manufacturer has issued a nationwide recall of nearly a million riders of its popular motorcycles. Wandell said the recall was issued “due to the alarming increase in the quality of consumer purchasing the Harley Davidson brand.” Wandell promised that all riders recalled from their motorcycles would be provided a line of credit at their local Honda dealers along with DVD copies of the film, Wild Hogs.

Harley Davidson released a statement explaining the reasons for the recall, which will affect numerous white-collar Harley riders with a focus on those in the medical and legal fields, as well as hundreds of thousands of bankers and financial advisers. The recall will also affect anyone who attempts to ride a Harley Davidson while wearing a helmet, without facial hair, or enjoys regular bathing.

“Harley Davidson deeply regrets any inconvenience unworthy riders may face as a result of this recall, but we feel it is necessary to ensure that real Harley Davidson fans can continue to enjoy the sense of superiority they have felt for more than a century,” the statement read, “And we want to make certain that true Harley enthusiasts will continue to purchase our over-priced and under-performing motorcycles the way they always have: by stealing, dealing drugs, and through the occasional contract murder.

SS2
10-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Quite right n'all, snigger.:D

whistler
10-06-2016, 10:44 PM
:rolleyes:'i m getting the idea your not a Harley fan

SS2
12-06-2016, 02:46 PM

I've got one so can appreciate the piss taking properly:D

whistler
12-06-2016, 07:16 PM
I've got one so can appreciate the piss taking properly:D

Me to:D. Guessing sarcasm didn't translate.

andyc
12-06-2016, 07:24 PM
When they send me my recall notice , I shall forward it to my attorney .

Strider
12-06-2016, 08:54 PM

Not particularly, as it said over priced and under powered, but most are compared to my ZZR1400 ......... but as I am getting older I keep looking at things like a Suzuki M1800R

Tried a few cruisers but just don't seem to get on with them, but as there are a few HD owners out there with their heads up their arse, I feel it is my duty to occasionally take the piss. :D

The real ones take the piss out of them themselves and can laugh it off, which I respect, after all I get the crotch rocket stuff, but bearing in mind the ZZR1400 isnt one of those.

All these new sports bikes like the R1 etc ...... FFS wheelie control, launch control!! on a road bike, plus they are built for midgets and nowhere to put the tent :eek:

harry
13-06-2016, 04:26 PM
I run a Honda Pan European ST1100, and everyone takes the piss.

Goldwing owners say its too small, Sportsbike owners call it a lumbering dinosaur, Custom owners say its not mine 'cos I didn't build it. Harley owners obviously tut because its not a Harley.

I like it which is all that matters :D

whistler
13-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Not particularly, as it said over priced and under powered, but most are compared to my ZZR1400 ......... but as I am getting older I keep looking at things like a Suzuki M1800R

Tried a few cruisers but just don't seem to get on with them, but as there are a few HD owners out there with their heads up their arse, I feel it is my duty to occasionally take the piss. :D

The real ones take the piss out of them themselves and can laugh it off, which I respect, after all I get the crotch rocket stuff, but bearing in mind the ZZR1400 isnt one of those.

All these new sports bikes like the R1 etc ...... FFS wheelie control, launch control!! on a road bike, plus they are built for midgets and nowhere to put the tent :eek:

No compared to ADD1400, anything would be underpowered. Cruisers are great, especially as you get older, just bought 883 Iron for my 50th. After 33 years of jap bikes.If I'd listened to my neighbour who ran the sportster down no end, I'd never have bought one. The reality is its an ideal road bike for a shortarse like me, power enough for everyday riding, and scares the odd sports bike on the country roads up my way. I agree there are a load of HD owners who take themselves to seriously. The reason I 'm not joining HOG chapter. I haven't stopped smiling since I got mine, so rufty tufty bad arse biker image goes out the window. Lots of variety of cruiser out so there, maybe at some you'll find one you get on with.

SS2
14-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Been toying with the idea (due to excessive nagging off 'er indoors) of getting rid of my Fat Bob, cos she can't hack the seating position even with a sissy bar on, that and it's a right pain trying to keep up with the loons I ride with when they're off playing.

Trouble is it's so good at what it does do, I can't warrant getting shot. All day mile munching fully loaded at legalish speeds it's just superbly comfortable. I know I can do nine hour days consistently without a niggle on it, while me pals on adventure bikes are rubbing life back into their arses at the first petrol stop. Fuel consumption is ridiculously good for such a big motor too.

I just can't give that up. Sorry missus. I'm trying to save up for another un but it may be a while.:p

whistler
14-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Been toying with the idea (due to excessive nagging off 'er indoors) of getting rid of my Fat Bob, cos she can't hack the seating position even with a sissy bar on, that and it's a right pain trying to keep up with the loons I ride with when they're off playing.

Trouble is it's so good at what it does do, I can't warrant getting shot. All day mile munching fully loaded at legalish speeds it's just superbly comfortable. I know I can do nine hour days consistently without a niggle on it, while me pals on adventure bikes are rubbing life back into their arses at the first petrol stop. Fuel consumption is ridiculously good for such a big motor too.

I just can't give that up. Sorry missus. I'm trying to save up for another un but it may be a while.:p

Definite no brained, keep the bike.

SoloOwners
22-10-2016, 02:44 PM
Hilarious. Thanks! :D