PDA

View Full Version : better than sex

seadog
23-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Well perhaps not exactly better than sex, actually no where near it, but then again I am getting on a bit.
I just wanted to tell ya all about a bit of kit I bought in November and having used them all winter I can honestly say, they are the dogs bollocks. The bit of kit in question is electric (battery) heated gloves.
Why the hell did I not get these many years ago, after nearly 30 years of riding through our winter months with frozen digits, I can now finish a ride and still feel my fingers. No longer do I have that burning feeling when you walk inside and the heat hits your hands.
May be I am just getting old, but hell I just love having warm hands.

BikerGran
23-02-2016, 04:20 PM
What make have you got? I wouldn't mind getting some but been a bit wary since a friend got some from Maplins and ended up with burnt hands and the gloves in the bin!

seadog
23-02-2016, 06:14 PM
I got the RST smart heated system. I normally keep them on the medium setting, unless it is really cold, then I wack them up to full.
To be honest I have mainly used them for commuting 30 mins to hour at a time and they have been great for that. I will start going further next month when there is less chance of snow and see how they cope with a few hours of constant use at a time.
The only down side I have found so far is they can be a bit difficult to put on when ya hands are wet, but I have had many gloves with this problem.