15-02-2016, 01:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQyljFhYwkw

Made me laugh

Friar Tuck
16-02-2016, 07:22 AM
Oh Blimey! Gays on scooters......

HOS
17-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Rockers rode Honda's and small capacity Nortons?
Oh aye? PMSL !

harry
18-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Rockers rode Honda's and small capacity Nortons?
Oh aye? PMSL !

As a rocker I rode a pushbike wearing a sheepskin flying jacket and enormous leather gauntlets (in Winter) :D

This is why I don't laugh at wannabe youngsters.

wiskers
18-02-2016, 12:21 PM
As a rocker I rode a pushbike wearing a sheepskin flying jacket and enormous leather gauntlets (in Winter) :D

At least you were on two wheels we used to have a few hanger on's that would turn up on the bus complete with helmets

Most of my rocker day's were spent on a Suzuki hustler

HOS
18-02-2016, 09:52 PM

My mate Nick on his gen2 Hayabusa claims to be an original 69 Club member at the Ace. The stories he tells us about what he did and got sent down for curl my hair! And I ain't got much to bloody curl! He has us in bits. A great era which I just missed, got my first road bike in 75.
Nick still rides fast for a bus pass Busa rider. I have to nail it to get past him. :D

HOS
18-02-2016, 09:56 PM
I don't give a shit what anyone rides as long as they ride.
That's how I was taught by other bikers in the 70s.
It's a sad affair when people get snotty about what others ride.
I've been on jap fast stuff all my life because I like speed. But tbh I've probably got more mates who I get on with who ride Harleys.
It's not about the bikes it's about people.

wiskers
19-02-2016, 12:10 AM
I remember some of the 69 clubs rally's drinking with the Dutch angels

As far as i know I'm still a member of the 59 it was life membership when i joined in the early 70's hackney it was then and father Graham was the top man

Ask Nick if he remembers the first Kent custom and if he stayed overnight if he was there he will remember what happened if he can't remember just tell him "his goose is cooked" there was only about 20 of us that stayed but he would have heard what happened, this was at the halfway before the move

HOS
19-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Infact it probably was the 59 club Nick is a member of.
69, What was I thinking of? :rolleyes:
Anyway yeah it was the 59.

HOS
19-02-2016, 08:23 AM
I remember some of the 69 clubs rally's drinking with the Dutch angels

As far as i know I'm still a member of the 59 it was life membership when i joined in the early 70's hackney it was then and father Graham was the top man

Ask Nick if he remembers the first Kent custom and if he stayed overnight if he was there he will remember what happened if he can't remember just tell him "his goose is cooked" there was only about 20 of us that stayed but he would have heard what happened, this was at the halfway before the move

I'll ask Nick when I see him next, he's not one of our regular bike crowd.
He always talks to me because he's mad about bikes and loves his Busa's.
He cracks me up ! He's still got a hell of a temper and attitude on him :D:)

He was very angry for weeks after he took his new Busa down to the Ace cafe reunion day and was stopped and told by some "kid" not to park his Busa on the Ace car park it was Brit bikes only. We were pissing ourselves when he told us. Summat about the kid not even being a twinkle in his Dad's eye when he was riding bikes etc...... got to laugh.

wiskers
19-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Not sure but I think the 69 was started by father Graham

Definitely started in 1969 but for the life of me I can't remember where they were based possibly Dover that's where they held all there rally's

HOS
19-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Not sure but I think the 69 was started by father Graham

Definitely started in 1969 but for the life of me I can't remember where they were based possibly Dover that's where they held all there rally's

Although Ive got bike mates who are MC and MCC members, I am not a club biker and never will be. I stand alone, always have, always will.
I grew up in Warwick and Leamington and had my first road bike in 1975, there was a lot going on with the clubs in those towns at that time.

wiskers
19-02-2016, 09:19 AM
From what i remember the 59 club was more of a meeting place we were from the other side of the river so didn't get there that often, I remember that there was a cafe and workshop downstairs and reading rooms upstairs.

Father Graham also bought a van that we could use for recovery (just pay the petrol) the lad that drove the van would come out any time of day or night and was also very handy with the spanners

Father Graham never pushed any religion on us he was just happy to have us there, he was also always interested in any mods we did to our bikes

HOS
19-02-2016, 07:07 PM
From what i remember the 59 club was more of a meeting place we were from the other side of the river so didn't get there that often, I remember that there was a cafe and workshop downstairs and reading rooms upstairs.

Father Graham also bought a van that we could use for recovery (just pay the petrol) the lad that drove the van would come out any time of day or night and was also very handy with the spanners

Father Graham never pushed any religion on us he was just happy to have us there, he was also always interested in any mods we did to our bikes

Sounds like a very decent guy.
Cool that he didn't push religion on other people.

wiskers
19-02-2016, 07:49 PM
The membership cards had father Graham's phone number on them with instructions for people to call him if you were involved in an accident then he would visit your family

Only once did i attend one of his service's that was on the sunday of one of the 69 rally's that was a odd day in church, i was sat with the Dutch angels and almost everyone in the church was dressed in leather even the great man himself, it was odd seeing him in his jeans leather jacket and dog collar

HOS
20-02-2016, 02:57 PM
If only there were a few more caring people like him around today.
There probably are somewhere.
Caring is seen as weakness by a lot of people, how wrong can they be.

Glyn aka Kingo
27-03-2016, 01:21 PM
My first ride in 1958 was a Lambretta.

Friar Tuck
28-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Wash your mouth out with Soap......