PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Town

Bluezen
09-08-2015, 01:37 PM
It looks to me like a lot of people have gone from here or that the forum is not in use as much as it used to be. So, on that note, who's about?? lol

wiskers
09-08-2015, 08:37 PM
No idea i have been away for a few months come back to find forum quiet as hell
Dai

Creature
09-08-2015, 11:31 PM
most out rallying or on holidays at moment.

Friar Tuck
10-08-2015, 05:35 AM
Morning! By definition, the forum is an organic movement! Peeps come and go. There are the die hards on here and a few new ones. I mentioned sometime ago that it would be nice to get some new blood in, and it created quite furore! So I've left it running as is. Everyone seems to be happy bimbling along. So if it aint broke don't try and fix it!

And as Creature says, it's the rally season so there will be less postings. come mid week, usually someone will put up a post about which rally they went to and who they met.

The usual banter and tomfoolery still abounds. It does all happen on here just t a bit of a leisurely pace, that's all. Oh and poor old John Hopkins passed away, and I got railroaded as one of the moderators for me sins!

wiskers
10-08-2015, 11:40 AM
It was a sad moment when I read about John i was fortunate enough to meet him a few times and ride with him too a nice fella and a proper gent

Rally season why didn't i think of that bloody hard work getting old

Cheers all Dai

Biker Buster
10-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Me, but I am just back form me hols... :D

OLDMAX
10-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Im always lurkin in the background, just got nowt interesting to say :D

BikerGran
10-08-2015, 09:09 PM
I'm the same - not going anywhere or doing anything much and my trike is off the road needing a new axle so there's not much for me to post about unless I just want to have a moan!

Bluezen
11-08-2015, 09:31 PM
most out rallying or on holidays at moment.

Good point Mr. Creature. Slipped my mind that

addjunkie
11-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Faceache book seems to be this years fad, all the forums seem quiet. Ive hardly done anything bike related since taking in a smallholding requring full refurbishment.

Now biker grann what kind of axle are you looking for, or cant yours be fixed they are not that complicated inside.

Bluezen
11-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Oh and poor old John Hopkins passed away, and I got railroaded as one of the moderators for me sins!

That I am very sad to hear. John & I spoke many, many times :(:(

BikerGran
11-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Addjunkie, it's a Reliant axle, and the bloke whom originally built it can supply and fit it but not a cheap job as it has be to shortened one side - it's the diff that's had it but you can't get all the parts for them now and even when you can they are apparently a helluva thing to set up, as Mr Fifer can confirm (he's a Reliant nut in case he didn't say so).

I just need to pull my finger out and get some stuff put on Ebay to fund the job!

addjunkie
12-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Swap the bits from another axle in to yours, yes i know there a pain, but cheaper than shortening another axle

BikerGran
12-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Not going to be a lot cheaper in the long run, still got to deconstruct the rear end of the trike to do it, as well as taking the axle apart.

Anyway that's not an option, the only person anywhere near me who can do the job will do it by putting a replacement axle in, so that's what will happen.

mickthecrane
13-08-2015, 06:29 PM
yes im also guilty of not using the forum as much as i used to, i have various excuses but i wont bore you.
just subscribed to the mag again for another 12 months so i will try and make a bit more of an effort.

BikerGran
14-08-2015, 08:06 PM
We all have perfectly good excuses!

But still wish that forums were like they used to be..............

Grav
15-08-2015, 05:59 PM
I have most of my time taken by keeping an eye on the 100% Biker page on facebook. Muppetry abounds on there, I shit you not! I pop back from time to time to see if Ewok has told a good joke. I fear I may have a long wait.

snigger.... :D

Sir Ewok
16-08-2015, 01:43 PM
I have most of my time taken by keeping an eye on the 100% Biker page on facebook. Muppetry abounds on there, I shit you not! I pop back from time to time to see if Ewok has told a good joke. I fear I may have a long wait.

snigger.... :D

At least I'm trying (very) I am still hoping to encourage other entrants but I seem to be doing most of it, look out for today's thrilling installment.:eek:

Strider
16-08-2015, 02:30 PM
At least I'm trying (very) I am still hoping to encourage other entrants but I seem to be doing most of it, look out for today's thrilling installment.:eek:

And it will cost us how much!!!:eek:

Friar Tuck
17-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Our health most likely...

Sir Ewok
17-08-2015, 01:31 PM

It would be your minds, if I could find them.......:p

kidhaf
18-08-2015, 10:23 AM

My ass it will cost you the meager price of your soul......ohhhh wait I forgot the directors of Ewockandtuck enterprises don't have a soul ..they already sold them ....and don't give us any nonsense about doing it to fund the biccie tin....

Sir Ewok
18-08-2015, 12:59 PM
My ass it will cost you the meager price of your soul......ohhhh wait I forgot the directors of Ewockandtuck enterprises don't have a soul ..they already sold them ....and don't give us any nonsense about doing it to fund the biccie tin....

Oh! We do have souls, thousands and thousands of them. If you have lost yours there is an easy payment plan for the purchase of a new (or nearly new Pre-owned) one........:cool:

Grav
18-08-2015, 05:36 PM
It would be your minds, if I could find them.......:p

Tucky keeps his in a small jar in his shed....

Grav
18-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Oh! We do have souls, thousands and thousands of them. If you have lost yours there is an easy payment plan for the purchase of a new (or nearly new Pre-owned) one........:cool:

I suspect the pre owned souls belong to A.B. Normal and T. Hicky

Sir Ewok
19-08-2015, 12:58 PM
I suspect the pre owned souls belong to A.B. Normal and T. Hicky

A. B. Negative, I'm positive about that one......:D

Friar Tuck
20-08-2015, 05:18 AM
But I don't think that's quite wired to an Earth......