PDA

View Full Version : New Triker from he south coast

Shadow Rider
25-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Hi fellow riders, I have been reading these forums for quite a while, and finally took the plunge. Anyway I am a triker and have my honda shadow trike (which I love) to ride around on. Long story short is I use to ride before I got married, and life kinda got in the way. Until I became disabled and couldn't stand looking at four walls any longer. I couldn't hold a big bike, so I got a trike, and I haven't looked back.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Friar Tuck
26-06-2015, 03:51 AM
Greetins Frum Naarfuck! OH... hang on.... from today it be Lincolngrad....Dah! Gonna have to learn Latvian/Estonian/Polish/ etc! I'm led to believe!

Welcome to this 'ere 'umble forum Squire!

Another Triker...BG will be pleased......And you are in her neck of the woods as well!

BikerGran
26-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Greeting from the South Coast as well - Dorset in my case! - and another trike rider. Well, presently a trike curser cos it's off the road AGAIN but should be fixed soon!

Shadow Rider
26-06-2015, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome you two. BikerGran I will be down your way next month, as I want to go to the Sammy Miller Museum. I have never been, but they tell me its great for a day out.

Here is a pic of my ride too.

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q742/SteveStaffie/BTW-UK/my%20trike_zps2sanasf2.jpg (http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/SteveStaffie/media/BTW-UK/my%20trike_zps2sanasf2.jpg.html)

BikerGran
27-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Nice! Good to see it has luggage carrying capacity (though I'm not a fan of chequerplate) - I always think it's daft to have a trike with just a tiny topbox or carrier!

I need a backrest but I had to change my seat back top the old dual seat as it gives me more room for my arthritic knees to stretch!

Give us a shout when you're coming this way in case I'm out and about! Yes Sammy's is always a good visit, no matter how many times you'vbe been. Never know what's being worked on, or what the man himself will be firing up in the courtyard - and there's a cafe with cake!

Stinkey
26-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Nice! Good to see it has luggage carrying capacity (though I'm not a fan of chequerplate) - I always think it's daft to have a trike with just a tiny topbox or carrier!

I need a backrest but I had to change my seat back top the old dual seat as it gives me more room for my arthritic knees to stretch!

Give us a shout when you're coming this way in case I'm out and about! Yes Sammy's is always a good visit, no matter how many times you'vbe been. Never know what's being worked on, or what the man himself will be firing up in the courtyard - and there's a cafe with cake!

I can vouch for the cake too, and the museum is rather good too..I'm about 10 mins from there

BikerGran
27-07-2015, 05:05 PM
We could have a trikefest, just the three of us - well, that is to say, Shadow Rider could show us his trike and me and Stinkey could moan about ours being off the road! :(

Stinkey
27-07-2015, 08:17 PM
My sons is almost ready the road..and my cousins and best buddies are long term projects..so plenty to chat about

Friar Tuck
28-07-2015, 04:31 AM
You could all join Harry down the end of his field in his tent?

BikerGran
28-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Harry? Field? What field, where, when?

Friar Tuck
29-07-2015, 05:32 AM
Too late BG, Harry went to a wedding last week, where everyone was meant to turn up with their bikes/trikes and camp, and apparently only Harry and a couple others did, but the rest turned up with caravans or motorhomes! He wrote about it in the main thread.

BikerGran
29-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Oh yeah, saw that, now that you remind me.

I went to a weekend bike/trike club 'do' years ago with same situation - as it was only just down the road from my house I packed up and went home, didn't see the point of staying!