PDA

View Full Version : Eveready Rally.

cyberluddite
21-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Here are a few shots from the bike show at the British Biker Relief Foundation's first 'Eveready Rally', held in memory of Jimmy 'EverReady' Shaw, who used to post on these pages as 'jimmymoonlite'.

Friar Tuck
22-06-2015, 03:04 AM
Jimmymoonlite! Now there's a name I haven't heard of in a long while. A chap that would explain and say things in four sentences when one would do! and have you rolling around in stitches. There was plenty of times when I had a coffee/keyboard interface moment through reading one of his diatribes.

One of the few people that one misses from this forum.....

cyberluddite
22-06-2015, 09:56 AM
If you fancy more of the same, he published a couple of books (the second one just before he died in 2014). 'Fire to the Left' & 'It's all total Bollocks' available on Amazon Kindle.

BikerGran
22-06-2015, 08:59 PM
The books are great, I have both - he wrote just the way he talked! A lovely bloke and sadly missed.

Where was the rally? I din't hear anything about it.

cyberluddite
23-06-2015, 10:25 AM
It was held at the Barkers Butts RFC near Meriden. It was heavily promoted on the fb bike sites and the magazines. I was only able to attend for a few hours on the Saturday, but by all accounts it was a very pleasant, laid back affair with a good line up of bands on Friday and Saturday,though bad weather Saturday scuppered some of the planned outdoor activities. Hopefully it will become a regular feature on the calendar.