PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone - Young and Inexperienced Biker! :)

YLrnBikerLDN
07-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Hi Everyone, :)

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself, this is YoungLearnerBikerLondon. I am keen to learn all I can about biking and I admit, I have quite a way to go (haven't even done my CBT yet). I have a twitter @YngLrnBikerLDN where I want to impart all that I am learning along the way with all my fellow young bikers. It's a bit bare at the moment, don't really know how to use twitter LOL, I digress; it will be updated with great info on 08/04/2015. I hope that I can gain a lot of knowledge from this forum and don't across as an idiot in the process. :D

Thanks for your time,

YoungLearnerBikerLondon :)

John Hopkins
07-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Welcome.

John.

SS2
07-04-2015, 09:00 PM
How do. You don't come across as an idiot at all. Yer keen to learn, you've chosen two wheels and you've decided this forum's for you.

Damned intelligent thinking I reckon;)

matthewmosse
07-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Hi, welcome, everyone has to start somewhere, and you never stop learning. Keep us posted on what bike you are considering, we might be able to advise. I just dug the Honda 125 rebel out of my shed for a non biking mate that I hadn't seen since he was 15 to have a go on. The bike fired up in 30 seconds of cranking and is running sweet as a sweet thing. Not bad for a bike that did 4 years getting thrashed and neglected then got bunged in a shed and ignored for 6 months. The guy is an instant addict and wants a bike licence already. The first bit of advice I will offer is be wary of modern Chineese clones of the rebels, quality makes them less reliable than a 15 year old Honda so only buy if very cheap. The chrome is also poor enough that in a year it may well look worse. Different bikes have different strengths and weaknesses so find out before buying. Bikes are addictive but incerdibly good fun, and even now I finally have a car licence, the bike still is first on my list to get to work. Another bonus I found was by having classic bikes for a decade before getting a car means I have never paid over 400 for insurance, ever. Compare that to what car driver pay starting at age 18 or so.....

Friar Tuck
08-04-2015, 05:16 AM
Greetins frum Naarfuck! You young wiper snapper you! Listen wisely and don't automatically go for the pocket rocket 125's and you will save yourself a whole lot of dosh on insurance and just keep you licence a wee bit longer! But boy you is sill going to enjoy biking! Oh and expect a ribbing or twl from us oldies! It's only in fun, coz we is just jelus...jeliou.... green with envy at your yoof!

PS, I don't know how to use Twitter either... so you're not alone....