PDA

View Full Version : Hello from USA

rrunner
31-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Found this site in hopes of meeting fellow trikers. I ride a vw trike and a v8 trike mostly the v8 these days. I live on an Indian reservation and seem to be the only Triker iny area so I hope to meet more people with the same interest.

technoboiler
31-03-2015, 06:52 PM
hiya, what tribe do you hail from?

rrunner
31-03-2015, 07:42 PM
I'm from the Zuni tribe located in the state of New Mexico.

technoboiler
31-03-2015, 07:47 PM
fab, will have to look that up as I love to learn about other peoples heritage and history. Welcome to the group, it's not as busy as it used to be but you will find a genuine bunch here..xxx

technoboiler
31-03-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm from the Zuni tribe located in the state of New Mexico.

Aztec? also hailed from Arizona? must research further, hope you are not offended..x

BikerGran
31-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi RRunner, I'm a triker too but I'm not sure that we have any more trikers - or even bikers! located anywhere near you or indeed in the USA - you're very welcome on here though!

What sort of trike do you ride and have you got a picture?

Friar Tuck
01-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Hi rrunner! Greetings Frum Naarfuck as they say from around these parts of the UK. You have a mixed bag of err, reprobates on here, loosely kept in check by the like of BikerGran. There are some trikers and a few bikers on here. This forum follows one of the best UK custom magazines in the UK, No, I stand corrected: THE BEST UK Custom bike magazine in the UK!

There's been a change of editorship over the last year or so, for the better I might add. A lot of members have left and a few have newbies have arrived. What you have here is the hardcore Bravehearts that steadfastly live on, giving and receiving gentle banter and advise! ( I think a lot of it is to blame on age and dementia mostly!) I run a bog standard Yamaha Fazer 600, but there is a big trike scene over here in the uk.

I also confess to having a great interest in the American West, and also subscribe to Wild West magazine. I'm not sure how accurate they report on the history of The West and the Native Americans, and I must admit I haven't heard of the Zuni. Most of the articles about New Mexico seem to be associated with Billy the Kid!

Welcome to our forum, you will find a load of photos etc in one of the other sections. But the memory has now faded so just browse.

mr grumpy
01-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Hi, welcome. I'm a triker XJ 900 engined hard tail and getting a relient engined one soon. If you don't know what a reliant is look up reliant robin, you'll laugh.

John Hopkins
01-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the forum, fill in the UserCP up there on the left and if you can't take a few people asking if you were at Custer's last stand and which side were you on then you may not like us..

As you are our only red Indian you have to expect a lot of mickey taking..

Feel free to poke at us, all the ones that were easily offended have moved on..

John.

Friar Tuck
01-04-2015, 07:30 PM
We got lumbered with John.....

100%Pat
01-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Errr John, I think the term is actually Native american...:eek:

BikerGran
01-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Not if you're an un-reconstructed Welshman, it's not!

John Hopkins
02-04-2015, 02:27 AM
Errr John, I think the term is actually Native american...:eek:

so maybe the correct term for me is native Cymry.

Yeah, I can just see that catching on.

I've spent all my life watching Cowboys and Indians and Welshmen and Scots and English, I'm buggered if I'm going to start learning new names that will be going out of fashion again in a few years..

Did you know that homosexuals are leaning towards being called poofs again..

Oops sorry, I got it wrong again, they like to be called queer, and believe it or not the word homosexual has become a bad word..

Am I allowed to say I'm getting confused..

John.

Friar Tuck
02-04-2015, 10:35 AM
It's worrying when the Flintstones sing about having a Gay Old Time, and you wonder what the bloody hell Barney and Fred are going to do next!

Blue
05-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Guessing you're south of Gallup, Rrunner? :)

Friar Tuck
05-04-2015, 11:11 AM
I think John's scared off another new punter....

100%Pat
06-04-2015, 01:10 AM
yep seems that way....

John Hopkins
06-04-2015, 01:14 AM
Oops.

John.