PDA

View Full Version : Old Aaquaintance

wendytilley
08-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Hi Guys
Nice to read all the threads of the old days on the forums! Hoping someone can help to find an old friend of mine from Northampton. Back in 1980/1981 knew a guy called Bob Lever. Over the years lost touch and would love know how he's getting on or even if he's still with us. I know a few of the guys sadly passed away, Luddy, Kerry & Doc R.I.P. If anyone has any info would be great to find out. We drank & partied in The Old Black Lion on Station Hill, good times, but people joined other clubs when another chapter came along.
Any help much appreciated
Cheers
wendy

100%Pat
08-01-2015, 11:15 AM
I was around at that point but the name doesnt ring a bell sorry. When you say Luddy... do you mean Luddy from Bedford who married a girl called Viv?

John Hopkins
08-01-2015, 07:20 PM
If you fill in the user cp up there on the left maybe that will ring a few bells..

A lot of us weren't even born back then..

welcome to the forum..

John.

wendytilley
08-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Thanks anyway Pat but no, the Luddy I knew came from & lived in Northampton. And John, some of us old ones do take care of ourselves!!
Thanks for the welcome :thumbsu:

BikerGran
08-01-2015, 09:14 PM
A lot of us weren't even born back then..
John.

John wasn't speaking for himself! ;)

100%Pat
09-01-2015, 04:17 PM
He certainly wasnt.... he's older than the lot of us... cheeky bugger

Strider
09-01-2015, 04:53 PM
he certainly wasn't.... He's older than the lot of us (added together) ... Cheeky bugger

I concur :D:D:D:D

Friar Tuck
10-01-2015, 06:43 AM
Ditto!

John is our Resident Care In The Community patient!

He has no patience and we don't care!

Oh and Greetins frum Naarfuck, by the way.

I used to live in Northants, in Middleton, just outside Corby!

wendytilley
11-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome!
Coming to believe that I'll never get in touch with him. It's a long complicated story, would just like to know he's ok but sadly nobody's giving.
Have been looking for 25 years.
Will carry on tho x

fifer
11-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Have you searched the online Births , Marriages & Deaths in England
Do you have an approx age for him in 1980 .
Did he have a Middle name ?
Did he have any Brothers / Sisters with unusual names ?
Death indexes shown below ;
http://search.findmypast.co.uk/results/united-kingdom-records-in-birth-marriage-death-and-parish-records/deaths-and-burials?firstname=robert&firstname_variants=true&lastname=lever&yearofdeath=1983&yearofdeath_offset=40&_page=2

wendytilley
11-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Thanks Fifer,
Have checked as many as I could but still nothing that fits.
The search goes on........

wendytilley
13-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Can the person who has been trying to hack my account at least have the courage to contact me instead of being so underhand!
Thanks
Wendy

Willgofar
13-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Can the person who has been trying to hack my account at least have the courage to contact me instead of being so underhand!
Thanks
Wendy

I'm assuming you got the warning e-mail from 100% Wendy. If you did, Its a spambot that's trying to hack your account. probably looking for a backdoor to post sunglasses and ugg boots. Its happened to a few of us. see link
http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50707

cheers Will

John Hopkins
13-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Thanks Fifer,
Have checked as many as I could but still nothing that fits.
The search goes on........

There is a program called 'uk info' which lists everyone who is in the phone book or on the electorial roll..

It will list all the Lever's in Britain then you can filter all those beginning with R and then cut it down to likely areas.

John.

wendytilley
15-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Many thanks John will give it a try x

technoboiler
27-02-2015, 09:14 PM
I'm assuming you got the warning e-mail from 100% Wendy. If you did, Its a spambot that's trying to hack your account. probably looking for a backdoor to post sunglasses and ugg boots. Its happened to a few of us. see link
http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50707

cheers Will

yeh I had same warning, looked up ip address and its from china..doubt it's a matter of national security! lol....:D