PDA

View Full Version : The dark side?

Shep
23-10-2014, 07:59 PM
I am Shep and I have joined the dark side of biking.

SS2
23-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the dark side. I made the jump back in July. Nice bike:thumbu:

andyc
27-10-2014, 09:00 PM
I crossed to the dark side with one of them ,
What fun I'm having with Harleys fine assortment of imperial AND metric threads , enjoy

SS2
27-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Fun innnit!:D

John Hopkins
28-10-2014, 01:41 AM
I heard that they are made in India now for European countries with some parts made in China and some in the USA.

I don't think I will get one unless it's offered at a stupid price..

John.

SS2
28-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Couldn't give a monkeys where it's made as long as the spec's and quality control are met. America hasn't exactly got the best engineering rep has it, and at the end of the day it's just as foreign as China:D

Got mine for Jap cruiser money n'all so it's all good so far:cool:

SS2
28-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Just had a google now you've stirred my interest. Apparantly the new factory's in India and is producing the new Street Glides for the Euro market. There's been a factory in Brasil making bikes for the southern hemisphere for donkeys but if it matters to anyone, all our bikes above should have been manufatured in one of the US plants:thumbu: Who knew!

mickturate
28-10-2014, 01:16 PM
if you check yer H-D VIN: it will give the plant (place) it was made & year of manufacture-not necessarily same date as registered...

welcome to the dark side btw, just dont join HOG & expect that cos its a 'patch'
that it will generate the same respect asa real patch. innit.
;)

Steve D
28-10-2014, 04:31 PM
I heard that they are made in India now for European countries with some parts made in China and some in the USA.

I don't think I will get one unless it's offered at a stupid price..

John.
You'll be alright then. They've been at a stupid price for years.

Mortis
29-10-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm going to be joining you shortly... :eek:

The Beer Monsters
29-10-2014, 10:17 PM
You'll be alright then. They've been at a stupid price for years.
That's gotta be post of the week :D

SS2
30-10-2014, 12:51 PM
if you check yer H-D VIN: it will give the plant (place) it was made & year of manufacture-not necessarily same date as registered...

Sez Union built in the U.S.A. or words to that effect on mine, built 3 months before it was registered in UK. No mention of which facility that I could see but I didn't look that closely.

Did you know the Street Glides built for the US and Canadian markets aren't being built in India following consultation with their North American customers?

Reckon us Brits would be up for racism if we said we'd only buy Triumphs built in the EU;)

noisygit
01-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Nice looking bike :) When I was young I really wanted a Harley, I still really wanted one after a few mates had bought them and I'd learnt about the reliability of ironheads and shovels, but then I had a go on one and learnt the truth about the brakes-that put me off them!!!! Having said all that I had a ride on a Nightster a while back and found it to be really enjoyable-nice torquey motor plus nothing vibrated loose and the brakes were quite adequate :) I even started seriously looking around for one but then got offered a Guzzi California at a really good price so had to get that instead :thumbu:

Mortis
09-11-2014, 05:54 PM
I've just gone to the dark side this weekend :eek:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/Triumph900/Harley_zpsc02ff52e.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/Triumph900/media/Harley_zpsc02ff52e.jpg.html)

Keep it between us but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it is. :unsure:

mickturate
09-11-2014, 09:08 PM
i think this chap has gone to a different dark side, he does appear to be fond of a chap called Richard

John Hopkins
09-11-2014, 11:15 PM
That looks a bit like an R1 dynamite.. and I think that chap is a girl..

I might have to sell my R1 Dynamite..

John.

BikerGran
10-11-2014, 10:52 AM
I might have to sell my R1 Dynamite..

John.

I was thinking along the same lines :( but it's ok cos I don't have one - phew!