PDA

View Full Version : ELI5, SVA process...

mickturate
17-09-2014, 12:26 PM
recently & not so recently i've done 'customs' ;)

but this time its a new frame & a whole other bunch of new bits, forks, clox etc.

i have kept the wheels n lump tho.

as the last time i applied as a whole new build up was some long time ago: can

somebody 'explain like i was 5' how it works these days...?

thnx.:D

harry
17-09-2014, 06:19 PM
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/motorcycle-single-vehicle-approval

This site should tell you most of it. If you've made the frame you'll need a VIN or frame number there's a link to get one. You'll have to download the application form MSVA 1.

Fill that in send it in and you'll get a phone call to book the appointment.

The manual is available as a download but I'd advise against printing it as it's about 200 pages.

Do the best you can to work to the manual but expect a fail as then you'll have a list of things to sort out which is much easier than fretting too much.

BikerGran
17-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Friends of mine who build say it's really not as difficult as it sounds!

It's really not a bad thing as there are so many builds out there that really shouldn't be on the road!

Creature
18-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Apparently now they have to see the finished or dry built bike before they will issue a frame number :(

Also things are very slow to get any info/results out of Swansea since they shut all the local outposts :(

harry
18-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Apparently now they have to see the finished or dry built bike before they will issue a frame number :(

Also things are very slow to get any info/results out of Swansea since they shut all the local outposts :(

I hadn't heard that before but DVSA (Vosa) now do DVLAs examinations for stuff like cherished transfers.

DVLA Swansea are always slow it took them 6 months to renew my driving licence. Twatts.