PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in the Forum

Ladylychpit
28-07-2014, 07:24 PM
As you an see, I've just joined this group and have never really had much to do with forums but an introduction is suggested so here goes. I have been around bikes and bikers all my life with my father a sometime dispatch rider in the forces. My brothers and sister all favoured the rough and ready biker rather then the washed clean somewhat prissy look of the 'mod'. So that establishes my generation! I was a pillion rider for many years then a period of unemployment pushed me to 'building my CV'. I don't think the advisor thought getting my bike licence was appropriate, but Jez, it made me feel good! I loved riding so when illness made doing it difficult for me (and a little risky for anyone else on the road) I thought my riding days were over. Then I saw a trike and I fell in love, again. As a teenager I wanted to be a sidecar racer. As time passed, I thought a trike would be my thing. So, finally, I got my dream. I have been to Switzerland, France, Spain and hope to add Holland, Denmark and Sweden next year. I am a member of the Women's International Motorcycle Association and arrange meeting, trips, ride outs and Ride ins for women in the South. So, that's me. I hope to get to know as many of you as poss!

BikerGran
28-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Welcome, always good to have another triker on the forum!

What part of the south? I'm in Dorset!

gooseneck
28-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Welcome to you, some history you have there with bikes, & those dispatch riders were a breed apart.
I read a book written by one last year, fascinating it was, I thought I had ridden some hard runs, but my experiences pale to insignificance in comparison.
:)

Friar Tuck
29-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Greetins Frum Naarfuck! There be a few trikers on here there be!

John Hopkins
29-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, can you fill in the user CP up there on the left so that we can see where you are at a glance, we have a number of trike riders and a number of lady riders so I'm sure you will fit right in..

John.

The Beer Monsters
29-07-2014, 09:06 PM
we have a number of trike riders and a number of lady riders so I'm sure you will fit right in..

John.
They're no ladies... ;) :eek:

*runs and hides*

100%Pat
29-07-2014, 09:52 PM
you can run but you cant hide boy....

Friar Tuck
31-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Run? Waddle quickly maybe.....