PDA

View Full Version : couple of pics

mickturate
23-05-2014, 09:11 AM
couple of pics borrowed from they septics but they're about right...

truck pic shows the blind spots for a big rig & the 2nd, the blind spots for a txting driver.

Sir Ewok
23-05-2014, 01:19 PM
If she can't see a motorcycle riding across her roof then there is a serious problem.......:confused:

droid
23-05-2014, 07:05 PM
She's blonde.

Strider
23-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Just done a driving assessment thing at work, and the instructor got us all to take turns sitting in the driver seat and got all the others to stand around the car in a similar way, until the driver could see them in their peripheral vision, its quite scary and very graphic to how big that blind area is

Peirre
24-05-2014, 09:58 AM
there's an even bigger blind spot, the one directly behind the truck.
On Thursday I was delivering to a place in blackpool, did the drop grabbed the delivery notes and walked back the 20yrds to the cab. Walking around the back of the truck I jumped in, shoved the key in the ignition and fired it up, after sticking it in reverse to back out the reversing bleeper sounds and I inch back. Suddenly I hear the cry of Whooooooo ............ so I stopped, jumped out to look and I found a parcel couriers sprinter van parked 4 inches behind the back of the truck. luckily I didn`t hit it. But in the 20 seconds of me walking around the back of the truck, jumping in, and reversing, he`s driven up and parked in my blind spot

If you can`t see the mirrors, I can`t see you

JOE
25-05-2014, 12:52 PM
^ always find HGV drivers are really good for giving me space on my bike and pull across in rush hour queues so I can filter (as long as I make sure I can be seen by 'em), even had one lean out his cab to warn me about the state of the road when i was riding on the M8 as they were closing it for ice (at which point I thanked him and explained I already knew which was why my feet were down and my arse was going like a rabbit's nose :D). Van, audi and range rover drivers not so much :thumbd:

BikerGran
25-05-2014, 07:39 PM
My hubby has hairy tales to tell of cars getting in his blind spot - his wheel nuts opened one car up right along the side like a can opener - hence his saying "Show 'em your wheelnuts! "

Sir Ewok
26-05-2014, 10:29 AM
A few years back I was on the M1 and cutting through the lanes, traffic was moving but slow. I came alongside a lorry and the car in the other lane deliberately pulled across to block me. The wagon driver saw this and slowed a little and pulled across enough for me to slip through. If I ever met the wagon driver I would give him a big thank you.

I don't know what drivers think they are achieving by stopping motorcycles moving forward. If we stayed in lane like them then the queues would be twice as long and three times as slow!:confused::mad: