PDA

View Full Version : Thefts at Rallies

droid
18-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Was at the Bugsplatz rally in Wem the weekend.

5 phones and several hundred in cash went, in seperate incidents. This happened Friday night/Saturday morning and were from occupied tents. The occupents were clearly somewhat comatose....

Be warned. These cunts appear to be targeting people on the Friday night. I'd heard rumours, but it appears to be real.

Mitch
18-05-2014, 07:40 PM
It does make you want to ban cars from rallies, and go back to the 'no cars, no pedestrians, no excuses' rule that a lot of rallies used to have.

droid
18-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Bugsplatz IS a 'no car' rally, and you don't get day tickets.:confused:

The thefts occurred at about 3-4 in the morning though...I doubt there was anyone in the control tent.

JimboT
19-05-2014, 11:16 AM
I was one of the comatose ones :(
Sounds like a few more came to light then Droid after I'd jibbed out early.....Not good

Peirre
19-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Luckily in the past I`ve never been a victim of theft at a rally. However without realising it, a lot of people have some very expensive gear with them at rallies, and without thinking about security of said items, leave them unattended, or put themselves in a vulnerable position & open to theft. Theft at rallies is 1 of the things that does put me off going to them these days.

JimboT
19-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Leaving things unattended is one thing.......having some low life wanker come into your tent whilst your asleep and nicking stuff is a different ball-game.

I just hope they get caught quickly and are "re-educated" ;)

scanner
19-05-2014, 09:44 PM
my sister in-law goes to lots of music festivals and it's happened to her several time's but you would think it less of a problem at bike events ,is it from within the community or some outside thieving scum seeing a bunch of pissed bikers as an easy target?

wurzel
20-05-2014, 11:45 AM
I guess it all depends on location, if you are away from any locals than only other bikers can be doing the theft if you are near locals then you need 24/7 sober people working security on the event to stop people sneaking in. Not really come across any problems at little (sub 500) ralies I go to / work on

BikerGran
20-05-2014, 12:05 PM
I agree, it's happened at big rallies I've been to but I've never had any worries about it at the small rallies which I find much more fun anyway.

SS2
20-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Some poor innocent drunk somewhere's gonna get a good hiding for it n'all. I can see it plain as day:mad:. The thieves seem to be using the falling over pissed technique and the, 'sorry, thought it was my tent' subversion so it's only a matter of time afore there's claret spilled.

Hope to god it's the arseholes that are doing it and not some pissed up numpty.