PDA

View Full Version : Rocket 3

OLDMAX
28-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Has anyone on here got one or know much about them ?
Not long bought myself one and not had a chance to get used to it yet.
Two thing of concern so far is a very loud gear change, sounds like its trying to break out of the casing, and horrible engine noise when opening up hard in first two gears. Like a different bike in third upwards .
Im not used to getting accustomed to new bikes (new for me as in 04) as Ive had my vmax for the last 22 years !:unsure:

Glyn aka Kingo
28-12-2013, 12:20 PM
My Yam Midnight star does the same.

Shep
28-12-2013, 12:53 PM
My Dragstar 1100 clunks loudly if the clutch cable adjustment isn't spot on.

Mortis
28-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Has anyone on here got one or know much about them ?
Not long bought myself one and not had a chance to get used to it yet.
Two thing of concern so far is a very loud gear change, sounds like its trying to break out of the casing, and horrible engine noise when opening up hard in first two gears. Like a different bike in third upwards .
Im not used to getting accustomed to new bikes (new for me as in 04) as Ive had my vmax for the last 22 years !:unsure:

I'm led to believe that the early Rockets were restricted in the first two gears to stop the awesome torque in the engine ripping the earth out of its orbit. Or damaging the shaft. I forget which one. :thumbsu:

It may be the restrictor causing the noise. Having a large engine requires hefty gears so this may be the cause of the loud changes. I'll give it a spin for you to make sure everything is fine