PDA

View Full Version : CBRTIM the tribute bike to my eldest son :)

Creature
22-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Heres my new post, its gonna take a while to catch up and will follow the build. Most of the pics n info will be on my facebook page as its easy there, than tryting to list loads of pics on here.

Back on 2010, I was given a cb1000 chop that I could do anything with, but Saf wanted me to take here for a long spin and that I couldnt sell it.

Little did I know the journey a twat and life were to take us all on.

So here is the story of CBRTIM, Tim n me hope you enjoy.

The bike had been sat outside for a few years, and took us a while to free enough off, so we could get it in the van :)

As you can see she had been slide down the road a few times and was in a sorry state.

Creature
22-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Too be honest, at this stage I didnt know what I was gonna do with it, as i Had Kurgan and altho he had short comings, I didnt really give the cb1000 a look in.

Suffice to say it stayed in the back of the transit, till I need the van for disco bookings.

Creature
22-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Anyway for most of 2010 and a till Feb 2001 it sat outside our kitchen window, apart from when people looked at it, I never gave it a thought :(

Creature
22-11-2013, 06:02 PM
as can be seen, its looking the worse for ware, but ive spent the last few months tidying up the workshop and selling a lot of my GS1000 stuff off, as something started to stir and I kept looking at a bike, that I was givem but in all honesty I hated!

It wasnt my style but then that horrible gut feeling hit me and I knew something was gonna rise from this wreck!

But WHat! I just didnt know. and If I am honest with myself the water coolled engine scared me shitless

Creature
22-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Anyway - the bikes still outside and April rolls up and a chance post sees me buying another cb1000 Big One for not a lot of Money, but with a lot of bits I am gonna need :)

I knew the engine on mine was seized and several other bits were seized or in rough condition, so a load of beer tokens later and this is delivered all the way from devon somewhere :)

I had only just put a floor in and as can be seen the workshop build is still in progress!

So Space is tight.

Creature
22-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Thats it for 2010 & 2011 :)

I will sort some more pics out and update as I can :)

100%Pat
22-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Looking forward to seeing the build mate, Im sure you will do him proud..:grouphug:

Creature
22-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Febuary 2012 arrives and the donor CB1000 has been stripped of its engine for mine, and many other useful parts.

I start to put all the parts i dont want with it including my seized engine plus another engine thats a runner.

Anyway theres loads of bits in boxes so I put it on Ebat at 399.00 and it dont sell. two days later get a message offer me 500. cash for it all.

So he comes round takes a look at the frame and just hands me the money, a happy bunny half hour later and its all loaded up in his van and hes on his way. ( hes now rebuilt it and its on the road, he often nipps round as he says I am his first port of call if he needs anything :) )

Creature
22-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Right were upto 15th Febuary the strip down has started, but I am still sorting out the workshop, so my time is devided between them.

Pic 1 - Loom I miay use
Pic 2 - Acewell speedo i also have teh pic ups will be on ebay shortly
Pic 3 - The tanks off - old one as weel as built of 3mm steel :)
Pic 4 - mmmm looks rough
Pic 5 - Battery held on by cable tie :(

Creature
22-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Pic 6 - I like the flow of the shock and electric box :) but will it be there at the end?

Pic 7 - rearseat comes off - probally end up on Ebay - not made my mind up yet.

Pic 8 - Sopld for silly momey on Ebay - but who cares its money in the rebuild pot :)

Pic 9 - Riders seat comes off - probally end up on Ebay - not made my mind up yet.

Pic 10 - Rear Mudguard looks good n solid, so was horrified to find its fibreglss! - not sure wether gonna use yet.

Creature
22-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Pic 11 - Nope dont like it - I like a proper rear light and the angle and size of No. plates just begging to be pulled - its gonna end up on ebay at some stage.

Pic 12 - rear frames all bare, was horified when i lifted the rear of the bike up by these two arms and they bent!

Pic 13 - Fuel filter making me nervious about state of the carbs!

Pic 14 - Rad dont look to healthy

Pic 15 - But i really like this idea of mounting the coils :)

Creature
22-11-2013, 08:39 PM
19th Feb and I finally get some free time, or to be honest am well enough to get doown the workshop.

Pic 1 - up the exhaust port donmt look promising :(

Pic 2 - Nice well built electrics box - altho I like it not sure if i will use it

Pic 3 - The only time wedont mind a bike laying on its side

Pic 4 - Engines out and back up on its wheels

Creature
22-11-2013, 08:51 PM
20th - 22nd Feb 2012. mot been too good again, so not had much time down the workshop, these next pics are spread over 2 days :(

Pic 1 - Love thses exhausts - cant wait to here what the sound like :)

Pic 2 - Ready for final dissasembly

Pic 3 - the frame lift arrives

Pic 4 - and is soon in use ( far better than a milk bottle crate :)

Pic 5 - Rerar end removed

Creature
22-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Pic 6 - front ends removed

Pic 7 - Out side for a good wash with gunk and hot fairy liquid :)

Pic 8 - Frame now degreased is back on frame hoist :)

Pic 9 - Broken bolt to be drilled out

Pic 10 - MMMMMMMMMMM not exactly straight!

That it for now, gotta find more pics that i took and refresh what I did, but the start of the build is pretty soon if memory serves me correct :)

Creature
22-11-2013, 10:49 PM
23rd Feb 2012

Well were back down the workshop. and dispite some misgivings I start to put the bike back togeter, well parts that I am happy with or will mod as I go.

Mark has come over from Peterboro to give us a hand

Pic 1 - We have cleared the floor area and have asked Tim to come and give me a hand for a few minutes.

Pic 2 - We lay the engine on its side

Pic 3 - And we soon had the engine in the frame.

Pic 4 - with me lifting the bike up by the framerails, Tim slides the frame jack underneath.

Pic 5 - We have to add some blocks as the sump fowls the jack

Creature
22-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Pic 6 - frame is foamed up and tied down :)

Pic 7 - Its not going anywhere now :)

Pic 8 - Ive washed and roughed up the yoke stem

Pic 9 - sprayed with plastic coat :)

Thats it for today, not a lot I can do in here with wet paint around

Creature
22-11-2013, 11:46 PM
24th Feb 2012

Nipped over to Wombat n Stiens in peterboro, to make up some engine mounts from stainless threaded bar :)

Pic 1 - I had already cut them to lenghth

Pic 2 - But wanted the thread removed from most of the bar to make room for some copper eaze :)

Pic 3 - All done - now should no longer suffer the stiff or seized engine bolt syndrome. :)

Creature
22-11-2013, 11:56 PM
25th Feb 2012.

Its time to start the slow process of putting it back together, well it seems bloody slow compaired to stripping it all down ! :)

Pic 1 - The stems all greased up - with way to much grease, but the excess will wip away, plus with it sitting in the shed till its built will hopefully protect the bearing ans race :)

Pic 2 - and its soon all bolted up and it turns beuatifully :)

Pic 3 - The replacement engine mount holes are smaller than the engine I removed :(

Pic 4 - some drilling soon cures this.

Pic 5 - All ready for nuts n washers :)

Creature
24-11-2013, 06:59 PM
29th Feb 2012

After a few days shipping out items sold on Ebay, the build beer token pot is starting to look healther :)

Pic 1 - The top rear engine mounts washed n polished, the bolt cleaned up

Pic 2 - Top rear Engine mount fitted :)

Pic 3 - mmmm Bottom mount bolt fitted, - now there were no spacers when the bolt was removed! Explains why the bolt wasnt done up tight tho!

Pic 4 - Time to look at the inside of the carbs ! bloody lime green :( - dunno what it is but these are going in the bin as totally useless.

Pic 5 - First rebuilt Fork leg fitted - only Took Marek n me 4 bloody hours to strip and rebuild!

Creature
24-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Pic 6 - Meanwhile I put the finishing Polishing touches to the Top Yoke

Pic 7 - Top Yoke fitted and looking good.

Thats it for today

Creature
24-11-2013, 11:08 PM
2nd March 2012.

Pic 1 - Time to hit the old polishing wheel

Pic 2 - Well one riser at a time :)

Pic 3 - Risers Bolted on

Pic 4 - Brand new Handle Bars fitted

Pic 5 - Polished Fork leg, just before assembly :)

Thats it today, not much done as most of the day took up onthe polishing wheel :)

Creature
24-11-2013, 11:18 PM
7th March 2012 - after a bit of time out to get Kurgan back on the road, its time to do a bit more to the cbr1000f

Pic 1 - Time to dismantle, check over and clean the swing arm ans parts

Pic 2 - Careful inspection of the disc reveals it has a crack in it :( ( In fact all 3 discs were cracked)

Pic 3 - All stripped down, washed and polished.

Pic 4 - The Shock and swing arm get refitted

Pic 5 - The rear wheel with Sprocket and a different brake disc, I found among the boxes of parts

See ya tomorrow

Creature
24-11-2013, 11:28 PM
9th March 2012, I know its more than a day, but was waiting on Honda to send me the gaskets,seals,washers etc to finish rebuilding the forks!

Pic 1 - Front Yokes all lined up

Pic 2 - Broken seized in mudguard mount bolts drilled out, tubbed and new bolts and washers fitted

pic 3 - On goes the rear seat

Pic 4 - Finally Mark and Me finish rebuilding the forks! - Never again Ill pay some else to do them next time...

Pic 5 - Pic from the front - now starting to come together and look something like what I want.

But something niggling at my mind, but at this stage I just cant put my finger on it!

Creature
24-11-2013, 11:34 PM
12th March 2012

Pic 1 - I finally finnish the work bech, allowing me to get some of the cbr1000's bike parts of the floor :)

Pic 2 - on goes the left handle bar switch gear, not sure about the mirrors tho!

Pic 3 - On goes the front brakes master cylinder.

Not much work done on the bike, but when your refurbing the shed at the same time.....................

Creature
24-11-2013, 11:40 PM
14th March 2012

Pic 1 - Front wheel wash n polished and sporting a brand new tyre!

Pic 2 - Two replacement front discs have arrived :)

Pic 3 - Time to start on the Exhaust Headers

Pic 4 - Replacement Rad arrives

Pic 5 - And so does the Rad cover I want to use, shame they dont fit!

Creature
25-11-2013, 05:40 PM
15th March 2012,

Pic 1 - The replacement Discs get fitted

Pic 2 - Ignition coils fitted

pic 3 - Loom plus Electrics

Pic 4 - Electrics box

Pic 5 - Now Empty :) .

Creature
25-11-2013, 05:49 PM
16th March 2012,

Pic 1 - replacement Discs fitted

Pic 2 - Rear wheels in frame :)

pic 3 - Half the exhaust fitted

Pic 4 - Looks reallymean :)

Pic 5 - Exhaust now fitted :) with Marks help

Creature
25-11-2013, 05:51 PM
16th March 2012,

Pic 1 - Replacement Rad arrived and now has the Stainless guard fitted :)

Pic 2 - front seat electrics plate partially made :)

pic 3 - Electrics plate with ICU & Rec/reg bolted on :)

Creature
25-11-2013, 05:55 PM
21st March 2012, Bit of a mix today also working on Kurgan, so not much done on cbr

Pic 1 - Electrics box fitted

Pic 2 - Spent ages on these but just hate them - so they gotta come off!

pic 3 - Electrics plate gets painted

Creature
26-11-2013, 01:55 PM
22nd March 2012,

Pic 1 - Seat Electrics plaine lined with some lyno flooring and Reg.Rec bolted on

Pic 2 - Electrics seat plate bolted into place :)

pic 3 - Seat just sat on for the moment, need to sort front mounts.

Pic 4 - New Ignition Switch arrives

Pic 5 - Prep work for making battery box

Creature
26-11-2013, 01:58 PM
22nd March 2012,

Pic 1 - Original light & Number plate, and the GS1000 Light I plan to use

Pic 2 - Finally loads of nuts, bolts and washers arrive

Creature
26-11-2013, 02:04 PM
24th March 2012,

Pic 1 - Start to connect up and tidy up engine electrics

Pic 2 - The charging circuit wires from engine

pic 3 - Some of the new/used looms I got from Dougs Cycles (Cheers Mate)

Pic 4 - Spagetti anyone!

Pic 5 - Should be enough for the Earth wires for the whole bike :)

Creature
26-11-2013, 02:08 PM
25th March 2012,

Nowt much done today, its all about measureing and double checking measurements and finally starting the battery box :)

Creature
26-11-2013, 02:14 PM
2nd April 2012,

Pic 1 - Start to connect up and tidy up engine electrics

Pic 2 - The charging circuit wires from engine

pic 3 - Some of the new/used looms I got from Dougs Cycles (Cheers Mate)

Pic 4 - Spagetti anyone!

Pic 5 - Should be enough for the Earth wires for the whole bike

Creature
26-11-2013, 02:18 PM
2nd April 2012,

Pic 1 - The petrol tank, has some dings in it, but nothing serious, Buts its just not big enough, so I post it of to MazChopz - more on the take later on....

Pic 2 - The Marine fuse box arrives :)

pic 3 - Dyno kit finally arrives 3 months after ordering it!

Pic 4 - Full set of Brake pads a steal at 24.99 inc post of Ebay :)

Pic 5 - Brand new air filter pods another buy from Ebay at 14.99 each :)

Creature
26-11-2013, 02:20 PM
2nd April 2012,

Pic 1 - Start to measure out and mark out were the fuse box will go. - I like this box as a little red led comes on next to the fuse thats blown :)

Pic 2 - Drilling the electrics plate

pic 3 - All holes drilled, even the front seat mount bolt holes :)

Creature
26-11-2013, 03:07 PM
3rd April - 10th September 2012

To make progress that was done on the petrol tank, I have compressed it all together :) After 10th September everything stopped because of what happened to Tim on the 14 Sept 2014

Pic 1 - The CBR1000 Petrol tank arrives at Maz's today.

Maz today is just checking the tank over carefully, ready to start the prep work. Only thing I am gonna say is like the bike itself the tank is full of hidden surprises and jobs not done very well.

Pic 2 - previously blanked off main fuel outlet with inl-line tap type pipe fitting added...otherwise looks ok....

pic 3 - Before I could work on the tank I had to strip the paint off - a good dosing of Nitromors revealed an awful ot of filler lurking underneath....luckily its not accident damage just a thin layer to smooth out imperfections when the tank was new.....

Pic 4 - but there are a couple of small "dings" in the top front corners....easy enough to sort out when it gets re-painted.... once its all rinsed off I shall introduce it to Mr air-saw and then start working out the fill strips.......

Pic 5 - centre of tank marked for cutting....

Creature
26-11-2013, 03:08 PM
3rd April - 10th September 2012

Pic 1 - marked for cutting - will split the base each side to keep tunnel the same as it is.....

Pic 2 - base marked for cutting and widening each side...

pic 3 - Is this wide enough ?

Pic 4 - now that would be a nice wide tank.....maybe we could squeeze another inch or two....?

Pic 5 - view of very old sealant on the inside......

Creature
06-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Right its been a while, since I updated this thread for various reasons.

But one of the main ones, was something was niggling me about the frame, that I just couldnt put my finger on!.

So took it down to Maz's and we found out what it was, frame was bent n twisted, also nothing critical lined up, but what was worser was the flexing and ease at whitch the frame bent when piced up by the rear framerails.

General concensious was that it was a death trap and this was confirmed whe we ttook an angle grinder to it :(

The frame is now cut up and in the scrap bin, so long delays whilst we settle on a new frame design, this time what I really wanted from the start and will be upto the job.

Pic 1 - Jigs clear and stem angle set

Pic 2 - On goes test front end, this ones a bit short, but will do for what we need

Pic 3 - my engine sat in its orig cradle and on jig.

Pic 4 - temp toprail and we fit tank to where we think it will go

Pic 5 - we offer up my orig rear swing arm n wheel ( wont be using it)

Creature
06-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Pic 1 - We offer up the seat ( that will be lengthend and better base made)

Pic 2 - view from front

Pic 3 - side view

These pics caused a lot of debate between Maz n me - many ideas discussed thru facebook chat - and some changes made.

Creature
06-02-2014, 08:36 AM
November 2013

Again it seems to be ages for things to get done, but its gotta be done right first time :)

Pic 1 - New swing arm bolt and bushes

Pic 2 - swing arm bush all made in house

Pic 3 - Now ready to be fitted in the frame, once its made :)

Creature
06-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Its now Feb 2014 and slowely things have moved onwards, hopefully now things should start to happen quickely.

Pic 1 - Spent a long time lining up the engine on my frame jig, using part of the old frame to support the engine while I work around it, not how I usually do things but the sump shape makes it extremely difficult to get the engine level.... only to find it had gone out of square.... the one side of the old frame had started bending under the weight of the motor, so another two hours getting it straight again!!!! Then put the rad in place to make sure the new front down-tubes will clear properly...... something isn't quite right cos the rad pipes don't line up.... need to check the old pics to see what's wrong - rad seems to be upside-down for some reason....

Pic 2 - different view, mounts line up but pipes don't - wondering if this is a different rad?????

Recently found out, that Honda used 2 diff rads, one smaller than the other. At the time I brought replacement, i didnt realise this and brought the larger one. Not an issue tho as should be able to get the correct pipe fitting put on it at rad shop :)

That it at moment, few other small jobs happening in preporation for the frame build, will add pics as I get them :)

Creature
08-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Some updates from 7th Feb :)

Pic 1 - several hours of juggling bits of scrap tube and a Honda Goldwing seat, oh and a chunky top box.... eventually lots of angles and dimensions ready to bend the tubes....

Pic 2 - so having worked it out, its out with the wooden blocks and get it all balanced in place......

Pic 3 - Ground clearance is set at 9 inches at present, that is before settling to static height and without the exhaust.... should be around 6 -7 inches when at rest, that makes the seat height 29 - 30 inches....

Creature
09-02-2014, 04:10 AM
More Updates 8th Feb

Pic 1 - This afternoon and this evening was spent working out the bends and making up the seat frame rails..... a lot of effort has gone into these as they need to support Mr C, Mrs C and a full Goldwing seat and luggage set....

Pic 2 - Slightly different view showing the complex curves...

Pic 3 - Jigging bars used to check alignment.....

Pic 4 - Overall view - tommorrow I will tighten up the front bends by around 6 degrees and then tack weld some supports in place while I offer the rails up to the top tube....

Creature
09-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Pic 1 - upper rear frame/seat rails bent to shape and tacked in place to check fit of seat - have left them over length as will be incorporating a permanent luggage rack etc....

Pic 2 - slightly different angle to give clearer view

Pic 3 - and a view from above - will now add cross braces and start bending up the secondary rails and lower rails...

Creature
15-02-2014, 01:09 AM
Pic 1 - 13th Feb 2014 - The lower right hand rail will have a removable section (like a lot of modern production bikes) so this requires a pair of bolt together split sections... here's the first one before machining to shape to weld into the frame tube......

Pic 2 - 14th Feb 2014 - first split frame joiner roughly shaped for fitting into frame rails.....

Pic 3 - 14th Feb 2014 - second one clamped for spot-drilling through.....

Creature
21-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Pic 1 - First right side frame rail made and spot welded in place :)

Pic 2 - 2nd right side framerail bolted on :)

Pic 3 - 3rd right side frame rail test fitted :)

Pic 4 - The whole frame rail bolted together :)

Pic 5 - the whole lot now spot weled/bolted together on the frame :)

Creature
26-02-2014, 02:04 PM
26th Feb 2014

making progress with the "other" side of the frame......

Maz's Comments - Offering up the left hand lower rear frame rail against the right hand one to check the bends match......and they do!!!! Progress is slow but steady.... more tomorrow...

Creature
27-02-2014, 10:05 AM
27th Feb 2014

And today we have been bending up the left hand side of the frame....... still a few little tweaks required but getting there

Biker Buster
28-02-2014, 09:20 AM
I love these epic build threads. Really looking forward to seeing the end product. :thumbu:

Creature
28-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Unfortuantly it wont be ready in time for N.A.B.D National, but should be on the road end of May early June if all goes well :)

We are already talking of ways to get it to Autumnabdness in September, unfortuantly I cant ride it as djing and need the van :( but hopefully I can get a very very trusted friend to ride it for me :)

Creature
01-03-2014, 04:06 AM
28th Feb 2014 - bent up some more sections for the left side this evening, didn't have time for much more but will be catching up in a few days....

100%Pat
02-03-2014, 06:23 PM
coming on lovely creature... looking forward to seeing it done...:thumbsu:

Creature
09-03-2014, 07:11 AM
this is either the largest set of bull horns recorded or its the left hand side of CBRTIM's frame.... a bit of tidying up and I'll weld it in place

Creature
23-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Pic 1 - 21st March 2014 - main frame rails now welded in place - pity flash didn't work!!!

Pic 2 - 21st March 2014 - different view showing both main frame rails now in place and upper cross-bar for rad tack welded in place.....

Pic 3 - 21st March 2014 - and doubled up at the rear.......

Pic 4 - 22nd March 2014 - rad mounted in new position... flash not working again!!!!

Do you think Tim's trying to tell you something ?

Pic 5 - 22nd March 2014 - lurking in the background in our very busy shop, you can just see CBRTIM with the rad in its new position....

Glyn aka Kingo
23-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Nice to see it coming along mate. :thumbsu:

Creature
23-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Cheers Kingo - unfortuantly it wont be ready for N.A.B.D national this year, but we hoping to have it at Autumnabdness all being well

Creature
27-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Pic 1 - I jigged up the engine using a section of the old frame because of the awkward sump shape... as I cut away more of the old frame it becomes increasingly apparent just how bad the original frame was.... note bent rear mounts causing bent bolt.......

Pic 2 - different view showing more of old frame cut away and jigging blocks in place ready for new lower cross brace....

Pic 3 - new lower cross brace now in place - note how it is cranked up at the left hand side to meet the frame rail... the left hand lower frame rail is higher than the right to accommodate the mechanically operated side stand - I'll let Mr Creature explain that one

Pic 4 - another view of lower cross brace...... this is positioned just behind the join for the removable frame section.....

Creature
20-09-2015, 02:32 PM
After over a long time where i didnt give a f**k about anything, due to the depths of the black dog, Hopefully now at least reached rock bottom and started the long slog upwards, have done a few trips to Maz (who thought I had given up on cbrtim totally) i asked here to continue once more :)

for those on facebook, there is a whole diary of pics n updates, far to many to post here, so heres a few for you puruse :) :)

over the next few months the plans are:)

Finish Swing Arm Build n Spot weld mounts for the rear shock.
Get bike of the Jig and onto the floor and level it up
build the front end :)

BikerGran
21-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Well done Mr C, once you reach rock bottom the only way is up!

Creature
26-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Pic 1 - 24th September 2015

new lower monoshock mount, needs drilling and fitting with machined bushes to give 2 suspension settings (hard and harder!!) and can then be welded into swingarm....

Pic 2 - 24th September 2015

new middle cross brace for swingarm (shown in front of monoshock mounting), this will form part of a heavily triangulated cross brace.....

Creature
26-09-2015, 08:37 PM
26th September 2015 -

Pic1 - top-hat bosses machined and tack welded into place.....
Pic2 - top view......
Pic3 - and this is how the lower shocker mount fits in....
Pic4 - close up of mounting..... not welded yet as needs setting up accurately.....
Pic5 - while I was doing other stuff, Tim H got busy with the grinder and
cleaned up the points....

Creature
21-01-2016, 07:48 PM
There has been loads of progress since I last posted an update. Most of the pics are on facebook, but heres a few teasers for you :) :)

Biker Buster
22-01-2016, 09:33 AM
lookin' good, but is the back wheel gonna look a bit wee?

Creature
22-01-2016, 11:00 AM
no think it will be alright as it will be panelled in so hidden

Biker Buster
22-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Ah..:thumbsu:

Creature
22-01-2016, 02:54 PM
This is rough sketch we did - some things have changed as funds or parts be came available :) :)

Creature
27-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Few more pics as CBRTIM stands now :) :)

Front end is only mocked at the moment with front tube in place :)

wiskers
27-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Hi Mr C

Coming on well looks like it's going to be a propper mile muncher ( big tank long wheelbase ).

Hope you and Mrs C are both well

Cheers Dai

Creature
27-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Chears M8

it will be between 12 - 13 foot we believe with the top tank holding around 7 gallons and the bottom (reserve tank) holding a further 1 or 2 gallons :) :)

We hope to motivate long distances hopefully in 2017 as funds allow, most of this year once its done will be local to iron out any issues :) :)

wiskers
27-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Hope it all works out well for you

Cheers Dai

EDIT. Just a thought maybe Gee I think he's from Cambridge the lad that did the Harley tank with the joker mural,
I wonder if he would do one of Tim on the finished bike? I'm sure a few lad's on here would chip in if he charged

Hope I haven't overstepped the mark Dai

Creature
27-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Hope it all works out well for you

Cheers Dai

EDIT. Just a thought maybe Gee I think he's from Cambridge the lad that did the Harley tank with the joker mural,
I wonder if he would do one of Tim on the finished bike? I'm sure a few lad's on here would chip in if he charged

Hope I haven't overstepped the mark Dai

Dai - youve not stepped over the mark. It is common knowledge that I only have enough funds to complete the dry build stage :( :(

Many have chipped in a few quid here n there to help out with small parts funding to help us keep the project rolling.

But we would like to get it to Nabd National this year all things permitting.

If you find someone or people who want to chip in please speak to Maz direct. :) :) :)

wiskers
27-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Sorry Mr C I don't have any contact details for Maz

But I for one would chip in with a few quid i'm sure other's on here will as well it probably won't be much but every little help's

Perhaps one of the mod's could do something by private message this way no one need be embarrassed by what they can give and what they can't

Perhaps there's someone that could do the paint

I really think a nice mural of Tim should be on the bike

Come on lad's and lasses can we do something Dai

Creature
27-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Maz

Phone: 01934 641515
Mobile: 07980 599394

or

17 Bridgwater Ct, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset BS24 9AY

Email - Maz@mazchopz.com

not sure if your on facebook - shes on there as TH chops.

Creature
27-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Have just spoke to Maz - contact her office hours 10am - 5pm and she will sort things thru.

The guy in cambridge, if he could do the tank mural that would be great

strima
27-02-2016, 07:26 PM
I'd be happy to chip in, even if its a few quid, parts or a bit of running around.

wiskers
27-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Not on Facebook but will give Maz a bell early next week

It would be nice to do something on here though

Let's see if we can get the ball rolling Dai

BikerGran
27-02-2016, 09:13 PM
I think the easiest thing is to set up a 'just giving' page - they do take a percentage but it's all above board and people don't have to identify themselves.

Great idea Dai Wiskers!

wiskers
27-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Thanks BG I will mention it to Maz when i speak to her

Unless you know how to do it? I'm not good enough on these computer things to do anything like that, i'd probably end up sponsoring some bloody migrant or something

Cheers all Dai

Creature
27-02-2016, 09:52 PM
I think the easiest thing is to set up a 'just giving' page - they do take a percentage but it's all above board and people don't have to identify themselves.

Great idea Dai Wiskers!

think Maz was talking about setting one up, but not sure

BikerGran
27-02-2016, 11:04 PM
If Maz is happy to do it that's great, otherwise I'll have a go. I know there are some people not on this forum who'd like to put something in as well. It may not end up a huge amount but every little helps!

Creature
27-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Have been speaking to Maz most of this evening on facebook,. she is gonna sort a giving page for us. It will also be in the mags if possible :)

BikerGran
28-02-2016, 02:08 PM
That's great!

Gee
28-02-2016, 03:49 PM
i will ask the boss if i can do the bike for you,spray the whole bike tank side panels mudguards ,and put pic on bike,please pm me .The price for matrial.For every one to chip in ,120
,The rest is for me to help you ,i will find out tommorrow if i can do this for you,fingers cross.gee

wiskers
28-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Thanks Gee great stuff

strima
28-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Outstanding Gee!!!

Creature
28-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Gee - if you liase with Maz - phone number earlier in this thread. It will make sure that theres no duplication of things :) :) :) :)

wiskers
29-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Time to own up i have'nt spoken to Maz but have sent E-mail [could'nt get through on phone]
Now let's get on with my little candle lantern just got to get the paint off then finished

SS2
29-02-2016, 12:42 PM
i will ask the boss if i can do the bike for you,spray the whole bike tank side panels mudguards ,and put pic on bike,please pm me .The price for matrial.For every one to chip in ,120
,The rest is for me to help you ,i will find out tommorrow if i can do this for you,fingers cross.gee

Grand offer. Nice one fella.:cool:

Creature
29-02-2016, 08:14 PM
getting there :) :) :)

All spot welded, ready to be hitched to bike and checked over before final welding, and to have shock mounts made and calipper mounts fitted

wiskers
01-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Hi all i have had a email back from Maz
Basically she said she is setting up the Just Giving page as she's involved with the build and feels it's right that she sets it up, I'm not going to argue with that
Really good news for everyone is that the bike will get finished and put on the road

All we have to do is wait for the Page to be set up then get word out
I'm sure we will be kept in the loop

Cheers all Dai

BikerGran
01-03-2016, 12:55 PM
That's great!

strima
01-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Excellent, said in my best Mr Burns voice...

Gee
01-03-2016, 08:20 PM
i have emailed maz.i can do the tank and mudguards,But there's a big but,the time i receive the tank and mudguards,it would take about ten weeks to do.i do this type of thing in my dinner hour.That's why it would take a long time ,if there's a time schedule.Then i'm not your man sorry.rough estimate of a 120 for materials thats on a basic metallic.Any custom color it will cost more.There's a lot of work to be done .if anyone out there has there own bodyshop and can meet their schedule great.im not backing out ,but when i do things i dont like to be rushed.That way you get a good job.as i say its a dinner time thing.Leave it with you.Pics on the tank and mudguards would be great.

Gee
01-03-2016, 08:28 PM
i have a confession i'm not a airbrusher,but you would not be able to tell.This is my brother lambretta side panels,every one thinks they're airbrushed.
https://youtu.be/G9urpbfLuOQ

https://youtu.be/9H49iJocjfM

SS2
01-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Cracking them! I couldn't give a monkey's how they were done.:thumbu:

wiskers
01-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Cracking them! I couldn't give a monkey's how they were done.:thumbu:

+1 Gee's work is feminine (fuckin spelling chek ) brilliant and he can work from a photo (pirate hat great pic that one)

Just hope it all works out Dai

Maz
02-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Hi guys, should have logged in a bit more often but have been very busy building CBRTIM for Mr C, some of you have my email addy already if not just ask :)

Maz

Biker Buster
02-03-2016, 11:31 AM
@ Maz

I sent you an emither this morning. WRT painting.

Gee
02-03-2016, 06:07 PM
maz i sent her a email ,she said can it be done by may,this is my reply.

may a bit tight for me ,i can only spend a hour a day on the prodject.its not only spraying the tank its all the filler work that needs to be done on the tank and mudguards.i no may is along way of but if i dont come up with the goods im going to look aright plonker,The pic of tim on the tank would take 2 weeks ,pluss blending in the paint with the pic.The only way you would get it done in time if some one stays on the job from start to finish.Gives me the tank in 3weeks time to do the pic ,pluss the paint they sprayed the tank with.providing the tank is not black.
i will have to wait for repply.dead line was allways going to be a issue.if only i new about this jan time.

Creature
04-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Another update, altho only uploaded 2 pics :)

Was surprised and pleased to get these on Wed nite, as cant afford for Maz to work on CBRTIM during the week!

But they made a bad week just that bit better.

Gee
07-03-2016, 06:20 PM
talking to maz tomorrow,looks like i've got the job.wonder what the colours going to be.

Biker Buster
08-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Woohoo, can't wait to see it finished.

Maz
08-03-2016, 12:16 PM
All is good, we have agreement on the tank, just got to chat it through a bit more with Mr C so Gee knows exactly what we want, I'm busy trying to get forks finished etc so we can have the bike on its wheels for Mr C to come down and help sort out handlebars etc. Hoping to get the funding page set up this week..

Both me and Mr C appreciate all the offers of help and assistance we have had so far - this project means more to Mr C than most could imagine and it will also raise much needed funds for NABD once completed.

Sorry to those who have asked me for pics of the build - all pics go straight to Mr C and he then decides which he will post - its an extremely emotional project for both of us so we have to do it that way.

More updates from Mr C as usual :)

wiskers
08-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Great news all it's great to see everyone pulling together

Cheers all Dai

Creature
08-03-2016, 02:59 PM
for those wanting to see more updates than I post here - They are on Facebook at Mr Creature - in my photo session.

there are some large folders of the start and ive stated to put the daily updates into one folder, when I can. this years pics are in daily updates.

Ther will be an update soon, have some pics Maz sent over Sunday, but theres quite an awkward description to write that I am struggeling with.

Creature
08-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Have had a real shitty week this last week.

If anything could go wrong it has

But one just has to put a brave face on things and try n keep moving onwards

Right lets got on with this update.

Some good news in that we have a painter to do the petrol tank and another person has offered to pay for us. I wont name them just yet until I find out if they wish to remain anonymous or not.

Maz Edwards and myself had a long chat the other night, when we both had to face some very difficult choices that we had to make on the progress of CBRTIM.

Between us we think we still have about 6 months work to finish CBRTIM

And as Maz only works on CBRTIM in the evenings (she has kindly offered to not accept payment for her time), but she still has a living to make.

With me not being well these last few years and having to cancil a large number of disco bookings ( all non rock ) My bankaccount long ago went into the red.

As the disco and the stage lighting are my lively hood - no work = no money.

We have decided very reluctantly to put back the date of completion of CBRTIM

So unfortuantly it wont be at NABD National as we planned - SORRY FOLKS.

But we will still maintain progress as and when we can.

"finished welding the new forks but haven't had a chance to fabricate the link bars or shocker mounts yet, still had to put them on the bike to see what they looked like....."

"this bike just keeps getting bigger , even dwarfs Malky's VTX1300 trike in the background...."

"CBRTIM lurking in my crowded workshop....."

"I want long forks the man said....."

"front view... that's approx 22 inch over front end...."

Biker Buster
09-03-2016, 09:25 AM
It takes as long as it takes, just as long as it gets done and you're happy with the result..:thumbu:

Creature
09-03-2016, 06:13 PM
It certainly will get done and will deffo be happy with CBRTIM hence why I decided that its better not to rush things :)

Gee
14-03-2016, 06:13 PM
all good things come to those who wait.

Creature
28-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Latest Updates :) :)

ChopperFXR
10-04-2016, 08:52 AM
I called in to see Maz on Friday, bike is looking good mate. Rather large to say the least! LOL. Good luck with it.

Chopper.

Creature
10-04-2016, 12:14 PM
cheers Chopper

Creature
26-06-2016, 08:53 PM
bit of an update, as its been a while :) :)

Creature
26-06-2016, 08:57 PM
for those not on Facebook :) :)

Creature
26-06-2016, 09:04 PM
The front end is loverly n light :)

too light, we wont know till I ride it :)

as CBRTIM stands now, front end is tack welded, altho the forks are welded, just needs dressing :)

we are concentrating on getting the front end finished :) just mudguard to sort, headlamp to buy n fit, Caliper mounts to fit in place, indicators to mount and then remove it all, finish all welding, give it a protective rattle can to protect it whilst we get it MSVA'd and test runs, and finally feed pipes inside legs and what electrics we gonna need when final build time is upon us :)

Friar Tuck
27-06-2016, 06:06 AM
That bike's gonna be fucking huuuuge when it's finished!

Creature
27-06-2016, 06:14 AM
That bike's gonna be fucking huuuuge when it's finished!

It is huge, wont fit in my current workshop :( so looking at extreemly cheap options to extend it :) :) let alone sort the access out!

strima
27-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Looking good!!!

Creature
27-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Looking good!!!

Cheers m8 - its been a long process, but now it seems to have made huge leaps to look like a motor bike.

We have changed some plans ( but then thats always the way to adapt and change for the good)

we are hoping that it will be ready for MSVA poss September, we will not have completed the build, but hopefully enough of it to get it tested and I am hoping for some serious road testing, to make sure theres no issues. :) :)