PDA

View Full Version : value

pale rider
14-11-2013, 02:48 PM
my bike is worth about 2000 on a good day to a blind man, ive been pondering weather to buy a nice loud exhaust system,the cost being 420 just for the end cans. to make it the bike I want it to be I would be spending around 1000, if I do that I could just sell it and buy a more expensive bike already blinged up. and as we never get back what we spend is it worth doing.

John Hopkins
14-11-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm ready to get shot down for this, but I wouldn't do it..It's not just a money thing, I have found over the years that if I spend a lot of money on something like that, something expensive will soon break down, I had my Vmax overhauled just before taking it out on my first round the British coast ride, I rode it back from the workshop about 50 miles, and two days later I had to fit a new clutch slave cylinder, 520 miles into my ride the bike overheated and I had to get an RAC tow home..

I still break down sometimes but I don't spend a lot of money getting someone else to help me out.

John.

100%Pat
14-11-2013, 07:57 PM
my bike is worth about 2000 on a good day to a blind man, ive been pondering weather to buy a nice loud exhaust system,the cost being 420 just for the end cans. to make it the bike I want it to be I would be spending around 1000, if I do that I could just sell it and buy a more expensive bike already blinged up. and as we never get back what we spend is it worth doing.

The only person really who can answer is you... but as you have already used the terms .. "never get back what we spend",#on a good day to blind man"
then you seem to have answered your own question... a bike is worth .. what its worth to you as its owner, not what you think it will sell for... if you love it and think you will keep it for years.. then maybe it is worth it.. if its just a hack you have ended up with.. then its not..

Bosun
14-11-2013, 08:46 PM
to me my bike is priceless, to a shop a minimal amount
but would not swap and keep treating her

whistler
14-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Pats right, the value of your bike is its worth to you. If you like the bike, get the things done you want. If it's what you want it's money well spent.

MadMart
18-11-2013, 02:04 PM
All of the above make sense.What bike is it?Some machines go up in value when they've got extras

pale rider
19-11-2013, 09:15 PM
All of the above make sense.What bike is it?Some machines go up in value when they've got extras

bought my self a guzzi Nevada its a love affair

ChopperFXR
19-11-2013, 11:57 PM
I may get slated for this, but here goes anyway.

Buying and fitting a nice new shiny loud exhaust might be your idea of a brilliant addition to the bike. To a potential buyer it could be an eyesore and put him off. Your dream bike is someone elses nightmare.

If you are going to sell the bike, clean and polish it, advertise it and get the best price you can without spending huge lumps of cash on it.

Chopper

mickturate
20-11-2013, 08:18 AM
bought my self a guzzi Nevada its a love affair

your answer right there: its a love affair.

as an ex nevada guzzi owner meself: it'll go on forever & then 1 day be v expensive to bring back to life ('reboot' for spares will bring that cost down)

but you will do it cos: its a love affair.:thumbsu: