PDA

View Full Version : 100% Biker – New Editor wanted

davidgamble
04-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Dear All,

It is with great sadness that we announce that Nik Samson, our editor, is leaving us. Nik has been with us for some time now and has been producing 13 issues of Biker and 4 issues of Trike every year. We will all be sorry to see him go, but on behalf of all the team at Jazz, we wish Nik the very best in his future endeavours and offer a big 'thank you' for all his hard work.

With that, we are on the look-out for a new editor to take over the reins.

If you are interested in such a position and fit the bill below, please get in touch.

Best

David

Editor — 100% Biker Magazine
Salary: Dependent on experience

This position is not for the faint of heart but you will get out of it what you put in.

You will need the greatest management skills, so you can motivate your team to be the most knowledgable and best writers/photographers in the world. You will also need to inspire them with your own desire to make the title the best custom bike magazine available.

You will produce 13 issues of the magazine a year, plus 4 issues of Trike Magazine along the way.

You will need:
An unconditional love of custom motorbikes.
To know your choppers from your streetfighters and stand at the head of the title as an expert in your field.
Some weekends free to visit custom bike shows and rallies
To be able to write exciting copy and have an eagle eye for making a story leap from the page
To know a great photograph when you see one.
To be punctual with your deadlines and respect that there are others in the team behind the scenes
To provide leadership, motivation and dedication to your magazine and team whilst also being able to let them be creative with their own talents
To be handy with a budget
A bottomless pit of patience to get the job delivered on time
The roles working hours will be 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. You may also
be expected to work our events as and when needed, for this there will be
additional salary.

We pride ourselves on maintaining a relaxed working atmosphere and the
culture of a personal, small company, whilst also being able to offer some of the
benefits of a bigger organisation.

Please see Additional benefits here: http://www.jazzpublishing.co.uk/careers

If you’d like to be part of our team and you have the skills/mindset for the fields
we operate in, simply send in your CV in to david@jazzpublishing.co.uk
You never know what opportunities awaits.

John Hopkins
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Nothing lasts forever, but I'm sure many of us will be sad to see Nik leave the post.. Getting all the facts and bringing it all together and producing an interesting mag seventeen times a year every year must be difficult enough, but added to that you also got some criticism from a number of different sources.
So Nik, whatever you have decided to do, my best wishes go with you.

John.

dixie
04-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Thats Gotta be a Job for Chopper....:D..

ChopperFXR
05-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Thats Gotta be a Job for Chopper....:D..

Kind of busy right now. Robert Mugabi has just offered me the post of Tact & Diplomacy Advisor. Pay is very good and the fringe benefits are superb.

I get to evict non reflectives, round them up and abuse them. Free guns and ammo. Free safaris. Slaves galore and no questions asked. Couldn't be better.

Chopper

SS2
05-11-2013, 12:33 PM
End of an era eh.

All the best to Nik wherever he's off to, and thanks for all you've done for 100%. It's a crackin mag and that it's survived so long is a testament to your talent and enthusiasm squire. Cheers:thumbu:

whistler
05-11-2013, 06:02 PM
End of an era eh.

All the best to Nick wherever he's off to, and thanks for all you've done for 100%. It's a crackin mag and that it's survived so long is a testament to your talent and enthusiasm squire. Cheers:thumbu:

I second this sentiment. All the best for the future

captaincondom
05-11-2013, 08:59 PM
all the best in the future nik
its a shame i dont have a clue how to do your job

harry
05-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Nik you will be missed. and very hard to replace.

The Beer Monsters
05-11-2013, 09:38 PM
all the best in the future nik
its a shame i dont have a clue how to do your job
That's OK, neither did he...

ONLY JOKING!

Bosun
13-11-2013, 06:56 AM
That's OK, neither did he...

ONLY JOKING!

:D

all the best Nik

krammer
13-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Bring back Pat :)

quasar
13-11-2013, 08:05 PM
best wishes nick you did a great job:thumbsu:

whistler
13-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Bring back Pat :)

That be good, like Nick she kept the mag grass roots. Wonder if any of the Streetfighters mag guys will apply since they had to go freelancing.??. Any one know what Niks gonna do next, not a lot of custom bike mags out there.

Chris B
14-11-2013, 10:00 AM
All the best Nik!

wodda
14-11-2013, 10:16 AM
All the Best for the future.

John Hopkins
14-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Dear All,

It is with great sadness that we announce that Nik Samson, our editor, is leaving us. Nik has been with us for some time now and has been producing 13 issues of Biker and 4 issues of Trike every year. We will all be sorry to see him go, but on behalf of all the team at Jazz, we wish Nik the very best in his future endeavours and offer a big 'thank you' for all his hard work.

With that, we are on the look-out for a new editor to take over the reins.

If you are interested in such a position and fit the bill below, please get in touch.

Best

David

Editor — 100% Biker Magazine
Salary: Dependent on experience

This position is not for the faint of heart but you will get out of it what you put in.

You will need the greatest management skills, so you can motivate your team to be the most knowledgable and best writers/photographers in the world. You will also need to inspire them with your own desire to make the title the best custom bike magazine available.

You will produce 13 issues of the magazine a year, plus 4 issues of Trike Magazine along the way.

You will need:
An unconditional love of custom motorbikes.
To know your choppers from your streetfighters and stand at the head of the title as an expert in your field.
Some weekends free to visit custom bike shows and rallies
To be able to write exciting copy and have an eagle eye for making a story leap from the page
To know a great photograph when you see one.
To be punctual with your deadlines and respect that there are others in the team behind the scenes
To provide leadership, motivation and dedication to your magazine and team whilst also being able to let them be creative with their own talents
To be handy with a budget
A bottomless pit of patience to get the job delivered on time
The roles working hours will be 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. You may also
be expected to work our events as and when needed, for this there will be
additional salary.

We pride ourselves on maintaining a relaxed working atmosphere and the
culture of a personal, small company, whilst also being able to offer some of the
benefits of a bigger organisation.

Please see Additional benefits here: http://www.jazzpublishing.co.uk/careers

If you’d like to be part of our team and you have the skills/mindset for the fields
we operate in, simply send in your CV in to david@jazzpublishing.co.uk
You never know what opportunities awaits.

This may seem like stating the obvious but you already have a good team who will keep the job going until you fill the post..So why not promote someone already on the team, move everyone up a step, where possible, and replace the bottom rung of the ladder with some new blood.

After all even if you do find a new editor who has already worked in the industry, he, or she, will need help from the existing staff until things start to run smoothly, promoting within the existing staff will increase enthusium and there will be no clash of personalities with a new junior that you might get with a new man/woman at the top.

John.

whistler
14-11-2013, 10:44 PM
This may seem like stating the obvious but you already have a good team who will keep the job going until you fill the post..So why not promote someone already on the team, move everyone up a step, where possible, and replace the bottom rung of the ladder with some new blood.

After all even if you do find a new editor who has already worked in the industry, he, or she, will need help from the existing staff until things start to run smoothly, promoting within the existing staff will increase enthusium and there will be no clash of personalities with a new junior that you might get with a new man/woman at the top.

John.

Makes good sense. Problem with outsiders coming into a company is they have to put their own stamp on things. The mag doesn't need changing, so an internal applicant would maintain the present ethos.

Biker Buster
15-11-2013, 11:38 AM

John.

That is what I'd do and experience teaches that this is the best way, after all your best slip in applicant may have been the editor of woman and home!!

Blue
18-11-2013, 10:54 PM

John.

The problem is, John, Nik doesn't have an editorial team. Like us, there are sales people and designers and admin, but the actual editorial team IS Nik, just as there's only two of us on BSH. So there is no-one internal to promote into that position.

Mitch
19-11-2013, 09:38 AM
NIk hasn't gone yet guys, he's still hassling me and Rick Hulse for copy!! :D

The Beer Monsters
19-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Well pull your finger out!

100%Pat
19-11-2013, 07:54 PM

Now he knows what its like... :rolleyes:

harry
19-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Would an English O level count as a qualification ?

100%Pat
19-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Its more than I had...:D

lowrider
19-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Its more than I had...:D
:thumbsu::D

Mitch
22-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Well pull your finger out!

It's alright mate, I've still got another week. I can do those in a couple of hours on the train one the way to work! :D

100%Pat
22-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Maybe under the circumstances this thread should go now...

Grav
22-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Stop bloody posting on it then.... sheesh!

The Beer Monsters
22-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Position filled.