PDA

View Full Version : Bad service from shops!!!!!!!!!!!

eighty one
16-10-2013, 03:29 PM
BAD SERVICE FROM SHOPS THAT SHOUNDNT EVEN BE IN BUSSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know if anybody on here has dealt with a little shop at stavely between sheffield and chesterfield. i wont name the shop but its sh-----ld british bike spares. and run by a guy called bantam john who's a complete cock. when i was in there spending 300. here, 500. there, he's your best friend, but still talks to you like a twat. but the two occaisions i made the 40 mile round trip to him for the few triumph parts i needed when the build was nearly complete, he just said he cant be arsed to look for the bits because it aint worth it for a few quid! so when i needed a woodruff key for a t100 were building, he is the nearest shop. so after 2 week of thinking nah i aint going there again, yesterday i made the 40 mile trip to his shop. i was greeted by useless john at the door. the conversation went, hiya im after a woodruff key for a 1970 t100, is that it? yeah, rite just come in the shop and look at this. he pointed to a sign on the wall. NO SALES UNDER 25 POUND. so your not gona sell me one then, not unless you spend 25 quid. thats fine i'll go somewhere else then, to which he said yep thats even better! Now i thought shops were there to make money. whether its a pound or a thousand pound. its clear to me that this rude and arrogant fat waste of space is only there to rip people off and talk to them like shite. so if anybody on here is after parts for a british bike, dont buy from bantam john, and he also stands at newark auto jumble SO DONT BUY FROM BANTAM JOHN. and if johns reading this, you know who i am you wanker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

triker
16-10-2013, 07:05 PM
customer feed back is important.................

dixie
16-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Not the first time that this name has been circulated amongst the motorcycle fraternity... Simple fact of the matter is, that if folks continue to patronise these traders...then they will continue trading....might be a good idea to send a buddy in with a big order that consumes a bit of time to gather up etc and then realise that "OH Fuck...Iv'e only got a tenner on me pal"..lol.:D

kidhaf
17-10-2013, 09:39 AM
The worst part is that in the market place for certain marques yer fecked. You have one or two places who can help and usually one of the two is an utter bell end.

If you have an older British bike firstly tracking down the part is a horror story, then if the bastards are selling it you will pay through the nose. Oh and if your lucky they will sell you the part only for it never to arrive ....it never gets posted / shipped / or even exists.

I have always wondered why or how these pricks survive....

I am not even going to get into the area of them selling totally fucked parts and coming away with the usual its sold as fuckin seen .....really how come the part that arrives looks nothing like the part you sent me a picture of...

Who the feck in this day and age can set a minimum sale of 25 quid. When he starts losing business and is closing down he will be in all the mags saying he wasnt supported by the local bikers....well feck him ....

pale rider
17-10-2013, 11:02 AM
there are shops and then what I call hobby shops. People who don't need to work have enough money, and run a shop as a hobby. He can be a arse he does not need any customers, but can still tell everyone he runs a business,it will be his hobby,need I say more

triumphbill
17-10-2013, 03:55 PM
I've never heard a good word spoken about the guy but as it's been pointed out, he's still there, years later......

You don't need him. There's no shortage of Triumph bits out there. I can recommend these people ...

http://www.lencraigandsons.co.uk/Price%20Lists/Triumph_350_500_221112.pdf

Link is to their 350-500 price list but they do all types of triumphs.

Woodruff keys...
70-1558 CAMSHAFT W/KEY each 2.50
70-1580 CRANK W/KEY each 2.50

I've also used these http://www.trisupply.co.uk/ ...

Hope it helps.

droid
17-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Here's another bunch of cowboys to avoid: Reliant PartsWorld.

Reconditioned (allegedly ) engine. Tappets not set, head not torqued down properly. Wouldn't let me drive the car back to them, wanted me to drop the engine and get it back to them....so they can cock summat else up? No way.

Their spares dept is little better....wrong hoses, electical parts with wires hanging off?

Total shite. Better off going to a breaker.

slim..
17-10-2013, 07:09 PM
I suppose we've all had dealings with this sort of shop owner & it aint good but at least you can tell him to fuck right off in person unlike the faceless tossers on ebay, thats priceless imho :)

eighty one
18-10-2013, 05:19 PM
oh i can assure you he got told to fuck right off, and next time i see the prick trading at newark auto jumble i will be warning people off from him!

critch
24-11-2013, 06:05 PM
I will say zis only weernce

http://www.hawkshawmotorcycles.com/

top bloke, top service

ask for chris;)

ChopperFXR
24-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Have to ask, if this bloke has been trading for years and treating people in the way you describe, how come nobody has twatted him yet? Or lobbed a brick through his window? He cannot be the only supplier of old Brit bike parts surely.

Kidhaf

Who the feck in this day and age can set a minimum sale of 25 quid. When he starts losing business and is closing down he will be in all the mags saying he wasnt supported by the local bikers....well feck him ....
16-10-2013 10:16 PM

Believe it or not mate, due to the planning permission on my new place, when I actually open for business, I MUST impose a minimum spend of 30.00 per customer. This is to enable me to show the council I have made a legitimate attempt to deter retail customers that just want a few plants for their garden. I am legally only able to supply "Wholesale customers". (I have found a solution to this draconian stipulation, but not for public forums).

Chopper

devon-tony
04-12-2013, 01:51 PM
if your ever stuck for brit bike bits, then worth trying leigh classics

hes on facebook, his website is out of date as hes moved to far bigger premises, but same phone number

Andy is an old school mate of mine, great bloke

eighty one
07-01-2014, 10:25 PM
yeah thanks ive come across a few brit dealers now, im in doncaster and there does seem to be a few that people keep telling me about. but as for bantam john, keep away from the dickhead and watchout for him at newark autojumble also! he's a fat twat with a cocky attitude!

noisygit
10-01-2014, 03:47 PM
I ran into a mate who's into restoring old British bikes the other day and as I'd already seen this thread casually asked him if he knew anyone called Bantam John, I gather from his response that he had and wasn't impressed! I was really quite surprised by the way my mate responded as he's normally a fairly quiet bloke but he seemed to go into a bit of a rage just at the mention of the name ;););)

eighty one
10-01-2014, 06:43 PM
yeah mate i think he is well known! and probly been around pissing people off longer than i am old! the shops in stavely, sheffield/chesterfield area.