PDA

View Full Version : Another new one

JARVIS RACING
01-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi all,
Wayne Jarvis here.
I'm not exactly new to the forum. I was a member years ago. Not a very active one, as I'm more of a reader than a writer.
I forgot my login and just carried on reading and not posting.

So,
I thought it was time to pull my finger back out and post a few things.

I'm from the South Wales Valleys and have been around bikes and custom cars and hot rods for over 20 years.
I've dabbled with a few things from a Mk3 Cortina converted into a pick up, Fiat twin-cam Morris Minor, chopped and couped to a 6.4 litre, stroked Pontiac Firebird. My passion has always been with bikes though.
Previous ones include DT125LC, XS250 US Custom, CX500 Custom, GS550 with lowered seat rails, GPZ600, Intruder, TDM, various Bandits, CBR6, ZX9, etc.
I have recently sold the Pontiac due to it being just to expensive to use properly. I'd taken it to Avon Park a few times, but a weekend away with it would cost at least 250.00, so I'll just stick to the bikes, it's a lot cheaper.
Currently got a 1250 Bandit and a GSX 1400.

I hang around with a local bunch of guys who are into everything from classics to customs to hot rods to chops, and have known most of them for over 20 years. Part of us are called Jarvis Racing and it's a loose term we use as some of us run at RWYB's, some do trackdays and some rally old cars. If it's got an engine and wheels I'm there :-)

Cheers

Wayne

megawatt
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Welcome Wayne. See you at SCR, Santa Pod and Pendine this year?:D

JARVIS RACING
01-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Cheers,
Yeh, should be at all 3 at least once this year.
I'm looking into entering the APIRA ET bracket racing this year, and there's 2 dates in Avon Park and hopefully 1 at the Pod for the Extreme bike weekend in October.
Yeh, I'll be in Pendine, it looks like it could be a good event.

I'm also hoping to get to Brighton Speed Trials and Brightona. Went to the speed trials for the first time last year and loved it.

John Hopkins
01-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi Wayne,

welcome to the forum..

Fill out the user cp up there on the left so that we know where you are from or else you may be mistaken for the world famous Wayne Jarvis from Treharris..

John

kidhaf
01-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Could be worse he could be that bastid Wayne Kerr frae Glesga .....

Friar Tuck
02-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Greetins frum Naarfuck!

JARVIS RACING
04-03-2013, 01:29 PM
HAHA Cheers guys.

I will fill my user CP thng out now John. Not sure about the "infamous" thing though :-)

Maica56
05-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Welcome!
I'm a new member, too. My boyfriend is beggining at this hobby and I want to
go with him at this adventure, and I hope you help us!

Maica.

JARVIS RACING
05-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Hiya Maica56,

Thanks for that. If I can be of any help, give me a shout :)