PDA

View Full Version : hello

jeff
11-02-2013, 12:42 AM
names jeff , some of you will know me from britchopper , and some of you won't , i used to ride bikes till me ticker gave up , now i just talk shite mostly :thumbsu:

on the plus side i've been in the car trade near 30 years and if it's broke i can usually tell you how to fix it ;)

John Hopkins
11-02-2013, 01:17 AM
Hi Jeff,

welcome to the forum.

John.

jeff
11-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Hi Jeff,

welcome to the forum.

John.

thank you , me and this interweb malarky aint good together :eek:, i'm sure i'll work this place out in the end ;)

Friar Tuck
11-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Greetins Fum Naarfuck!

Jeff, don't let a little thing like the Ticker giving out worry you! Mine did in 2008 at the age of 48! A quick trip to the Padgett, a transfer over to Papworth, where they shoved a stent into me, and have been right as rain since! Well almost! Missus banned me from using me boat so had to sell that, but bought my old fazer 600 back at Christmas, and been happy as Larry since!

Worst case of heart burn I ever had!

When I attended the rehab clinic, they gave a talk on diet, they asked if we knew what our "5 a Day" were. I put me hand up and replied" Ramipril, Aspirin, Clopidogrel, Simvastatin, and Atenolol" Which wasn't quite what they wanted to hear!

SS2
11-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Wotcher Jeff,

Brit Chopper's still dead I see.:confused:

Noo then, I've an intermittent fault with me Pug 406 diesel. Every now and then either the speedo or the temp guage drops to zero and the power drops noticably. After a bit you can feel the power come back all of a sudden and the gauge starts to work again. What's that all about then?

Feel free to ignore, but ya did offer:D;)

Friar Tuck
12-02-2013, 05:26 AM
Does this problem occur when you turning on and off the key?

jeff
12-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Wotcher Jeff,

Brit Chopper's still dead I see.:confused:

Noo then, I've an intermittent fault with me Pug 406 diesel. Every now and then either the speedo or the temp guage drops to zero and the power drops noticably. After a bit you can feel the power come back all of a sudden and the gauge starts to work again. What's that all about then?

Feel free to ignore, but ya did offer:D;)

theres a bunch of earth wires bolted to the inner wing next to the battery box , thats the ecu earths and engine earths , check the wires for the green/black death as battery acid vapours have a tendancy to rot the wires ;)

Friar Tuck
13-02-2013, 05:37 AM
I that the cure for Brit Chopper or the peugot? :huh:

SS2
13-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Mebbe both FT. It's fixed Brit Chop anyhoo:p. Cheers Jeff, I'll have a look at that next time I'm home in daylight:thumbu: