PDA

View Full Version : Fooking inconsiderate crotch rockets

joebaddy
30-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Everyone says, ' watch out cos everyone's out to get you', In my experience there are more maniac crotch rockets ton up boys on the roads that cause more danger than any crate driver.

I've had 2 near misses with em today and they piss me off.

First, I was doing 65 along a good road, go round a left hand bend and a twat was coming towards me on my side of the road cos he was overtaking a long line of cars on double whites. Then he wobbled all over the fooking road.

Second instance. I was doing 75 along dual track, I was overtaking cars in outside lane and this complete wanker overtook me in outside lane. Bollocks there all fooking mad hatters.

Apart from that Ive had a bloody good 200 mile ride out.

willie2006
30-08-2008, 07:25 PM
been working today in me van so no ride out for me. funny you should mention this becouse i have seen a lot of bikes out today, cruisers just cruising, a little gang of 125s all taking it easy then the crotch rockets, one pulled away from a roundabout and was gone in a blink, more than one going so fast on country roads they was on the wrong side of the road when they came around the bends (totally no control of there rides) another filtering through traffic at such a pace if some car pulled out to the next lane theres no way he/she could do anything but get hurt. it`s not all crotch rockets that go mad as those iv`e seen today but those few i did are the ones that tarnish us. so when i say ride safe, to some i may be wasting my time.
ride safe
willie x

Kylie
30-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I ride a half sports bike (I think its known as a sports tourer) and I ride like a twat... BUT... I dont do any of the things mentioned, I do abide the road laws on the whole and i try not to scare the fuck out of learners. I did piss off a volvo in nottingham yesterday tho which i didnt mean to do.

willie2006
30-08-2008, 07:41 PM
well i`m no angel meself like, adhere to the law most of the time but as we all know it`s a really good feeling to let your hair down as so to speak, but for me it doesn`t extend to the point were i have no control over my bike, thats just playing with time as far as i am concerned.

Music
30-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Ill share my experience you wonder why bikers keep getting a bad name !!!

I was going around the M25 at 6.15 and yes its was busy but flowing I was on my way down to Brighton. Three sports bikes past me riding in between the traffic White lining and changing lanes from one side to the other and they had to be doing 70 mph I was waiting for the disaster!!!:mad:
fucking idiots !!!!

Music

matthewmosse
30-08-2008, 09:58 PM
We get a lot heading to the coast from brum, both me and the other half ride bikes but when we were on way home in her car today, the moment we saw 2 bikes on a sunny weekend we were expecting the stupid overtake on double whites any second. A pleasently reassuring following distance from both was what we got. Nice to see not all the day glo leather brigade ride like total knob heads then. Thing is it's the ones as do who you notice. Incedentally, I noticed lots of them gathering in Newtown Macdonalds this morning with no violece or Police presence. Maybe the Police are wrong about motorcycle violence:rolleyes:

Louis
30-08-2008, 10:16 PM
:eek:The last bad on I stopped for the guy lived .....when i looked at the road he had gone across a blind hump in the road and removed the front wing of the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......The bike was stuffed in the hedge with the car on its own side of the road 60 feet in front with the front wing totally removed...On that road I would be just cruisng give the sunday car drivers a lot of room ...I know the lower dales roads being a Lancashire lad.....Just pure stupidity is most of it...:eek:

droid
30-08-2008, 10:40 PM
You just remember the idiots.

The ones that ride sensibly are forgotten.

Same with everything, really. Most cagers don't pull out in front of you or block you when filtering.

joebaddy
30-08-2008, 10:43 PM
What pisses me off is the lunatics that give us a bad name. Its no fucking wonder the police have it in for bikers. Unfortunately its like everything else, the minority spoil it for the majority.

Was up horse shoe pass this afternoon and twats were doing wheelies when they shot off out of the car park. Sheep everywhere. So apart from endangering the sheep needlessly, what damage could they have done to kids and innocent people sat enjoying the scenery, if they had hit one of the woolies.

Sometimes I get so fucking mad, I could give the twats a good slap to teach them some respect. :thumbd:

Sir Ewok
30-08-2008, 11:01 PM
I agree about the riding bit, but what amazes me is that a lot of people here enjoy the badass biker image and then complain about people setting a bad example. I'm afraid you can't have it both ways. I was just watching a programme which included peeps who do the Cresta Run. The team doctor had made a set of X-rays that made up a complete human body, which had bits of steel in all of them. One guy actually had steel bits in his neck that kept his head on!!!:eek: The point the guy made was that young males deliberately courted danger and excitement, which made them look a better catch to a prospective partner. I don't know about the prospective partner bit, but half the fun of being a biker was the camaraderie which is born out of mutual danger and possible death. This attitude is what binds soldiers together in combat (even more so as the danger is more immeadaite) and attracts ex-forces personnel to biking. We as a group do have a high mortality rate and apart from banning motorcycles all together, there is no way to stop that. I personally find the little tossers on souped up 50cc scooters to be the biggest pain.:thumbd:

shaggy696969
30-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Biggest problem is the born agains the 50 somethings on crotch rockets, living in Wales I see hordes of these flying suicide merchants they time trial themselves on set courses covering a couple of hundred miles around south and mid wales, Most are incompetant arseholes Ive had numerous close calls with these tossers hence if I go riding I go to southern England less coppers and less tossers. I dont even feel sorry for the cunts anymore when I hear another one stuffed it into a feild at 120 and believe me it happens frequently. And as they are all middle age they all got fully comp insurance so if they survive they just go out and get next years model for next years suicide attempt. Sir Ewok you can stick your ideas of the bad ass image up your arse I dress how I like fuck all to do with imagery and make believe but most of these guys are Multi coloured power rangers there is a world of difference between those and the cruisers that meet in the same places. Dont tar bikers with the same brush or you become one of the idiots pointing fingers in the first place.

joebaddy
30-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I think it is difficult to have a bad ass biker image when you are riding a plastic rocket with matching dayglo babygrow leather, with a fucking stupid hump on your back, meself. but each to their own opinion.

When biking were born, there was'nt so much traffic on the road and it wasnt as dangerous as it is these days.

That said, I had a fookin brilliant ride back from the Pass. hardly any traffic so I had a clear run along some great roads. Just like the old days. :D

Sir Ewok
30-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Please read my post again. I mentioned no names, but said most people. I had no intention of suggesting you dressed to impress, rather than how you feel suitable to your personal lifestyle. I seem to remember, a while back now I suppose, a thread where a lot of peeps said they enjoyed the bad boy image and that peeps walked across the road to avoid them. I did when I was a lad, though the funny thing was older peeps would always stop to talk bikes. If I have offended you, then I apologise, but it wasn't an attack on you.:o

Sir Ewok
30-08-2008, 11:31 PM
I think it is difficult to have a bad ass biker image when you are riding a plastic rocket with matching dayglo babygrow leather, with a fucking stupid hump on your back, meself. but each to their own opinion.

When biking were born, there was'nt so much traffic on the road and it wasnt as dangerous as it is these days.

That said, I had a fookin brilliant ride back from the Pass. hardly any traffic so I had a clear run along some great roads. Just like the old days. :D

I started ridding in the 60's when it was brilliant. The bikes were slower and heavier but took a lot of riding. I have had everything from a honda 50 stepthrough to a Ducat Monster 900. I rode my sons VFR400RR up to the rev limiter (135mph) and found it a brilliant, if somewhat flawed bike. I don't differentiate between bikers. A biker is a biker is a biker, what does it matter how he/she dresses or what he/she rides. My firiends son-in-law and daughter both rode bikes with matching leathers, but didn't ride like twats. People shouldn't tar everybody with the same brush, the way the public tar us.....:unsure:

shaggy696969
30-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Fair enuf mate, mayeb a tad over reaction because so fucking many people dress like me now it pisses me off, :rolleyes: Ive been like this for decades and now its fashionable, and no, no fucking concho's :D Peopel mainly avoided me an my mates years ago cos in retrospect we all fuckin stank ripped up stained originals and petuli oil, admitedly now my clothes are cleaner and hopefully Ive finally shook off all that oil over the years. But my point on the power ranger geriatrics is a valid one, I even thought of taking up bike breaking and recovery cos so many of the fuckers crash over here.

Sir Ewok
30-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Fair enuf mate, mayeb a tad over reaction because so fucking many people dress like me now it pisses me off, :rolleyes: Ive been like this for decades and now its fashionable, and no, no fucking concho's :D Peopel mainly avoided me an my mates years ago cos in retrospect we all fuckin stank ripped up stained originals and petuli oil, admitedly now my clothes are cleaner and hopefully Ive finally shook off all that oil over the years. But my point on the power ranger geriatrics is a valid one, I even thought of taking up bike breaking and recovery cos so many of the fuckers crash over here.

No problem mate, we all get a bit uptight sometimes and can't always say why either. I'm not sure if I've met you at any of the forum meets, so how do you dress (merely out of interest). I have a black and red leather jacket bought at Faro and a cutoff that is more patch than jacket. I sometimes wear a camo flak vest over that to store all my stuff add jeans, gloves and boots and that's it.:unsure:

voivod
31-08-2008, 07:36 AM
I had one come underneath me....on the borders roads.
I know the roads like back of me hand....and the prick came under me not realising it was double apex and feckin ended up on wrong side of road. Luckily nowt was coming. Had words with him later...he thought it was MY fault:eek:

Dodgy outfits...but how many of there bikes are scrapped and become fighters or parts for ours?:D

roysters
31-08-2008, 07:51 AM
saw a t-shirt once that said..IT TAKES MORE THAN COLOUR CODED LEATHERS TO TURN A WANKER IN TO A BIKER...:D and lets face facts there are hordes of wankers trying to be bikers. BUT ther are also a hell of a lot of really nice poeple out there,,,,:thumbsu:..

droid
31-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Been riding too long, and enjoy it too much to want to throw it away for a bloody ego-trip time-trial time.....

Might be slow and wobbly but I'll still be riding when most of the dayglo warriors have gone on to the next big thing.

And the johnny-come-latelys are a bloody good source of low mileage secondhand bikes (or spares, depending on whether they have close encounters with the local hedge-life:rolleyes:)

joebaddy
31-08-2008, 09:56 AM
saw a t-shirt once that said..IT TAKES MORE THAN COLOUR CODED LEATHERS TO TURN A WANKER IN TO A BIKER...:D and lets face facts there are hordes of wankers trying to be bikers. BUT ther are also a hell of a lot of really nice poeple out there,,,,:thumbsu:..

very very true and as mentioned in an earlier post, its the twat minority that spoil it for the rest of us.

gothtec
02-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I ride a cruiser because if I had a crotch rocket I would ride it like a feking idiot... Thats because I a bit of an adreno junky. So I chose a bike that likes straight lines and maxes out at 100mph...

One thing I am guilty of is filtering, only on the rat... I'm a little mad, but whats the point of a bike if your going to sit in traffic!

Blue38
02-09-2008, 01:43 PM
I've worn tassles since god knows when,always leather(black) and I'll ride ANY bike as long as it keeps me on the road. I don't change for no one anymore,learnt to be me and fuck anyone who thinks I should be different or change me,it aint gonna happen! I'll even ride a crotch rocket,as long as it keeps on the road,fuck it :thumbsu::D:D

The Beer Monsters
02-09-2008, 01:52 PM
As produced by our very own member Far Canal...

http://farcanal.biz/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=683&osCsid=00b4f2c9ed81f61c29bbf40207f59526

Sir Ewok
02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
I've worn tassles since god knows when,always leather(black) and I'll ride ANY bike as long as it keeps me on the road. I don't change for no one anymore,learnt to be me and fuck anyone who thinks I should be different or change me,it aint gonna happen! I'll even ride a crotch rocket,as long as it keeps on the road,fuck it :thumbsu::D:D

I make you right on the dress sense, Since I divorced my second wife (who burnt my 1969 leather jacket), I have dressed to be me and if peeps don't like it they have a choice. Lump it or leave it, I don't care a jot. I suppose growing up as a greaser put a spin on the way I dress now, the only difference being a lid as I never wore one till they were a legal requirement.

Blue38
02-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I make you right on the dress sense, Since I divorced my second wife (who burnt my 1969 leather jacket), I have dressed to be me and if peeps don't like it they have a choice. Lump it or leave it, I don't care a jot. I suppose growing up as a greaser put a spin on the way I dress now, the only difference being a lid as I never wore one till they were a legal requirement.

actually,I think I only bought the tassle jacket to be annoying but it's kinda grown on me now :D.
As for wearing a helmet,i wish I didn't have to,all about choice(which we haven't got):mad: