PDA

View Full Version : Free REM concert...

clanger
27-08-2008, 06:39 PM
If you live anywhere close to the Rose Bowl, that is...

At least they are a tad bit better than Neil Diamond (sorry Lyn!)... the acoustics are great from the bathroom!!! :D I can't wait for someone I really like to come and play here.

willie2006
27-08-2008, 06:44 PM
right thats it, every body grab your tents and invade clangers garden. lol

Peirre
27-08-2008, 07:43 PM
I know what Clanger means about being close to an open air vanue and hearing it for free, several years ago, Bruce Springsteen played sheffield, and it could be heard quite some distance away along the Don valley.
I also used to work nightshift at a company next door to the Sheffield arena (behind the stumble Inn pub), and of course the Don Valley stadium, so it was innevitable that we`d be party to hearing the free concert and generally the fireworks etc at the end.
So we`d either order a curry delivered in, or fire up a BBQ and chill outside listening to the concerts at the DV stadium.

We`d also make a few quid opening up the works carpark/yard and allow folks to park their cars......... for a small fee ;)

NEWS
seems Metallica are to play a couple of cheapo concerts, 1 in germany, the other at the O2 arena, tickets are in the region of 5/10 euros, maximum of 2 tickets each are available to registered members of Metallica website/forum.
1st come 1st served for uber dedicated Metallica fans

booie2
27-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm a little bit further from rosebowl than clangs, i'm about a mile and half crow flying, so i'm hearing a very distorted REM, wind must be in other direction, coz i heard Neil Diamond perfectly.

booie2
27-08-2008, 08:31 PM
oh FFS

What time does this fooking concert finish?, its so distorted it sounds like someone beating a fooking drum out the front of my house!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

clanger
28-08-2008, 06:51 PM
1st come 1st served for uber dedicated Metallica fans

Although I have uber dedicated friends who are in the fan club who cannot get a response (they can only apply online)!!!

Oh and Booie, my Dad's colleague from Whiteley heard lots of REM too!!!