PDA

View Full Version : Im bored and dirty

UKRobKLR650
08-09-2005, 10:07 PM
I stink of petrol and oil and its hot and sticky here. Just thought i'd add that as no one else seems to be posting owt. :D

Freak
08-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Soooooooo, ave ya fixed it

UKRobKLR650
08-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Soooooooo, ave ya fixed it
Heres hopin mate. Fixed the gasket etc in my exhaust (it most have broke while riding with no bracket) and cleaned the air filter. Didnt seem to make a difference so i changed the plug cap, HT lead and put a new plug in it. Started clean as a whistle. So fingers crossed and all that :D

Freak
08-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Well that sounds promising :D
Now go thrash it to within an inch of it's life
That'll learn it :D

devon-tony
08-09-2005, 10:48 PM
LOL quite funny as I just come in from the garage, Im also very warm and stink of petrol and engine oil with slick 50 in it :mad:

mines not fixed yet but Im hoping :)

UKRobKLR650
08-09-2005, 10:53 PM
LOL quite funny as I just come in from the garage, Im also very warm and stink of petrol and engine oil with slick 50 in it :mad:

mines not fixed yet but Im hoping :)
Ah, i'd say i have more of an odour of WD40 and petrol. Slick 50 aint a lot of cop for the jobs i was doin.

Shaun the Fatman
08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
mmmmmmmmmm my bike is one of those Attention Seeking Female Bikes.

You can neglect her for ages and she just sorts herself out, but start tinkering with her and she starts to point out all those little jobs that "you might as well do while your'e there...."

e.g...first time I worked on Rottie RoadKing for 6 weeks....standard engine oil/filter and transmission oil change then....

Changed the primary oil, ...ooops thread on one of the clutch inspection cover screws stripped out, bugger
ordered 3/16 inch UNC Recoil kit from nammrick (highly recommended for bolts and related supplies incidently)
received kit two days later...oh dear...
Ordered correct size (1/4 inch) from Nammrick, received 2 days later
fixed thread
swapped out Primary Oil again to get rid of swarf
lovely, no leak...hey...dipped beam gone..
TODAY: swapped out expensive Blue laser lamp for cheap halford jobbie
ha great now got lights, run around the block to test...um...what's that rattling..
discovered kickstand rubber block is along the road somewhere and stand is now rattling on primary cover..
Reluctant to fix this before rally as this will trigger next "little job"......lashed up some foam around the kickstand that doesn't quite hit the spot oh **** it, proper bikes rattle.

UKRobKLR650
08-09-2005, 11:10 PM
mmmmmmmmmm my bike is one of those Attention Seeking Female Bikes.

You can neglect her for ages and she just sorts herself out, but start tinkering with her and she starts to point out all those little jobs that "you might as well do while your'e there...."

e.g...first time I worked on Rottie RoadKing for 6 weeks....standard engine oil/filter and transmission oil change then....

Changed the primary oil, ...ooops thread on one of the clutch inspection cover screws stripped out, bugger
ordered 3/16 inch UNC Recoil kit from nammrick (highly recommended for bolts and related supplies incidently)
received kit two days later...oh dear...
Ordered correct size (1/4 inch) from Nammrick, received 2 days later
fixed thread
swapped out Primary Oil again to get rid of swarf
lovely, no leak...hey...dipped beam gone..
TODAY: swapped out expensive Blue laser lamp for cheap halford jobbie
ha great now got lights, run around the block to test...um...what's that rattling..
discovered kickstand rubber block is along the road somewhere and stand is now rattling on primary cover..
Reluctant to fix this before rally as this will trigger next "little job"......lashed up some foam around the kickstand that doesn't quite hit the spot oh **** it, proper bikes rattle.

Hahahaha! So you'll be the bloke with the shower of sparks and smoke behind you then? :D

Shaun the Fatman
08-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Hahahaha! So you'll be the bloke with the shower of sparks and smoke behind you then? :DHa only when I'm in me Aston DB6 with Baddies after me :p
Rottie is a good girl, really she is... just likes to keep me busy.
Always:rolleyes: