PDA

View Full Version : Well to say im pissed off would be an understatement.

UKRobKLR650
08-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Went to Norwich yesterday, thought i'd have a nice ride round the Norfolk coast on the way home. Ha, no such feckin luck. Bloody bracket broke on my nice new exhaust that cost me 275 feckin quid a month or so back :mad:
Anyway, luckily where it happened there was a Bike engineers just around the corner. They dropped everything and made up a new bracket etc etc for me, even made a bloody good mug of tea bless em. Cheers Chris at CS Engineering Norwich, your a star mate.
Right, get going and need to stop for petrol so fill up and cant get me bike to start. Eventually it starts but it takes ages so i think sod it and go home by the direct route. Just back to my village and the bikes started cutting out and wont run unless i rev it, even then it cuts out. Im sick to the feckin back teeth of bikes right at the mo.
Im supposed to be goin to the Soggy Moggy rally tomorrow. First bike rally in bloody ages and me feckin bikes let me down.
Not a happy bunny, really not. Wish i could explain more but this pissed me off big time.

Doro
08-09-2005, 10:26 AM
ok I will duck after I say this ............. all part of the joys of being a biker mate :eek:

UKRobKLR650
08-09-2005, 10:35 AM
ok I will duck after I say this ............. all part of the joys of being a biker mate :eek:
Not at the mo Doro. Ive had years and years of this. I only passed me driving test when i was 32 cause me knees were really playing up in the winter. Im not a biker as in image but ive done my time one hell of a lot (had my first bike at the age of 9 and not had anything but bikes up to age of 32). Guess im not as stable as i used to be cause this has really got to me this time. All sounds a bit drama queen like but im really not coping today..

Abb
08-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Clogged air filter mate. First checking point.

100%Pat
08-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Rob.
Sit down deep breath, then go make a brew, drink it slowly.
Then go and have another look. :)

jonnyf...p
08-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Bud your always pissed off, i like my stance on life and thats not to take stuff seriously.
Took it seriously once, and it almost destroyed me.

slob
08-09-2005, 10:52 AM
chill mate you'll get it sorted! :)

Doro
08-09-2005, 10:58 AM
ooooooooooooo sweetie I really don't want to make you feel worse - but until I moved down here I had over 10 years of feeling like you do now - every single day - just the kids got me through it - then I read a saying which (strange as it may seem) got my head back to where it should be....

"most people are as happy as they allow themselves to be"

at one time the smallest thing going wrong would sink me into a black pit - now I just say sod it and go and have fun as best I can - we had terrible trouble with the trike earlier this year so we ended up setting off to a rally then having to come back after a couple of miles and jumping in the car

there are folk who say - I wouldn't go to a rally in a car - they are not allowing themselves to be happy (see above). yes we were disappointed about not going on the trike - but we went anyway, saw our mates, had a laugh - spending the weekend stuck at home would not have been an option!

I hope you understand this honey - I'm trying to help by telling you what worked for me..............

Freak
08-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Wow Rob, easy tiger.
Sounds like a normal day to me. You got ya bracket fixed, you got home safe and dry but there's a glitch with ya bike.
Take ya time and go through the motions of what could be wrong
I imagine you know ya stuff
**** happens to all of us mate a lot more than you think ;)

UKRobKLR650
08-09-2005, 11:41 AM
ooooooooooooo sweetie I really don't want to make you feel worse - but until I moved down here I had over 10 years of feeling like you do now - every single day - just the kids got me through it - then I read a saying which (strange as it may seem) got my head back to where it should be....

"most people are as happy as they allow themselves to be"

at one time the smallest thing going wrong would sink me into a black pit - now I just say sod it and go and have fun as best I can - we had terrible trouble with the trike earlier this year so we ended up setting off to a rally then having to come back after a couple of miles and jumping in the car

there are folk who say - I wouldn't go to a rally in a car - they are not allowing themselves to be happy (see above). yes we were disappointed about not going on the trike - but we went anyway, saw our mates, had a laugh - spending the weekend stuck at home would not have been an option!

I hope you understand this honey - I'm trying to help by telling you what worked for me..............
Aye, i know what yer sayin Doro, cheers :D
Calmed down a bit now so gonna check the air filter Abbs, good thinkin but got a new spark plug aswell as ive had them just go like that before.
Yeah Jonny, yer right mate, guess its just me.
Just had a brew Pat, its workin mate. Didnt sleep to well last night so that didnt help. Thank god for tea :D
Thats the biggest thing Slob, i need to chill but it takes time. I know ive got the knowledge to sort it its just getting me confidence back. This bloody heat dont help either though.
Anyway, once again i apologise for the whinge. I guess its all to easy when your just typing words to say more than you need if you get what i mean. Im sure everyones got issues, i just tend to express mine. Sorry all. Im sure i'll get it sorted.

slob
08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
A mate of mine had a wife who had suffered serious post natal depression , she was very very ill .. Bipolar in fact.

One day I came into work and laid out the usual salutatiuon "how are you mate?"
the relpy was " really good mate, al's well!"

I was a little taken aback until he explained to me that despite him having to care for his missus and other associated issues there was nothing wrong with him. He had money troubles and some health issuies but there are people far worse off.

he decided to stop sayying he was not bad and start a more positive outlook.

Worked for him. so in summary Rob stop whinging like a big girl and get your house in order ;)

baldybongo
08-09-2005, 11:46 AM
I know how you feel mate. Sometimes it seems nothing is going right,just dont give up. Get it sorted, get to the rally, get ****faced then you`ll see life is good. :)

jonnyf...p
08-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Or you could have a wank, that usually helps me.
alls you need is....
1. An empty house
2. Worcester sauce
3. Readers honkers
4. Silk sock
5. A good firm grip.

And 6 the ability to tug like a camel with a fire cracker up its ass.

If its really bad revise '5' for a pair.

:D

minxy
08-09-2005, 12:13 PM
So - would it cheer you up if I told you Jester had your tat design down on paper?

Keef
08-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Or you could have a wank, that usually helps me.
alls you need is....
1. An empty house
2. Worcester sauce
3. Readers honkers
4. Silk sock
5. A good firm grip.

And 6 the ability to tug like a camel with a fire cracker up its ass.

If its really bad revise '5' for a pair.

:D

Ah yes, in the words of the song "Learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all"

UKRobKLR650
08-09-2005, 12:37 PM
So - would it cheer you up if I told you Jester had your tat design down on paper?
:D Ha, course it would. Im sorry everyone, just feeling a bit jarred off. Sorry for the whinge.

rommel
08-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Here Rob, I don't know what bike you've got but when that happened on my Virago it was usually because one of the vacuum pipes behind the fuel cock had slipped off and it nearly always happened after I had just filled up...........well I hope you get it sorted and keep your chin up mate :)

Cook1e
08-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Here Rob, I don't know what bike you've got

ROFL.........................

technoboiler
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM

thank fk,,,,i am still in time to send that dayum fiver to doro,,,,lol
jeez,,,,been a bit lax of late soz rob u whinging tw^t ;)