PDA

View Full Version : Your musical thoughts please

Cook1e
07-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Are there any songs you would like to hear at rallies that are just not the right kind of style?
i.e. You may like the song Joleane, but it isnt suitable for rallies - but you would like it in the style of ZZ Top

The Beer Monsters
07-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Are there any songs you would like to hear at rallies that are just not the right kind of style?
i.e. You may like the song Joleane, but it isnt suitable for rallies - but you would like it in the style of ZZ Top
Just to turn this on its head...

Why isn't Jolene suitable for rallies? The aim of the entertainment is exactly that... to entertain. If people are up for it, do it. Doing an "inappropriate" song in a different style is a different game altogether.

Cook1e
07-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Just to turn this on its head...

Why isn't Jolene suitable for rallies? The aim of the entertainment is exactly that... to entertain. If people are up for it, do it. Doing an "inappropriate" song in a different style is a different game altogether.

It probably is appropriate if that is what you want to do. I have just had a meeting with the foundation of a new band though and we want loads of ideas for doing covers in different styles.
Britney Spears - Hit me one more time in a VERY different style has been mooted and tried - sound excellent I can tell you!

Maggie B
07-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Tom Jones

Dean Martin :D

Rallies where a band played some stuff which really chilled the audience & got them singing along-REM everybody hurts
Got people smooching

:p

Abb
07-09-2005, 02:12 PM
REM everybody hurts
Got people smooching

:p

Would just get me angry.

Doro
07-09-2005, 02:20 PM
me too - hard to believe I once owned 3 REM albums :eek:

oooo and I'm sure the beer monsters did that britney one too :D

Doro
07-09-2005, 02:22 PM
would like to hear 'The Monster Mash' ZZ top style :cool:

Cook1e
07-09-2005, 02:22 PM
would like to hear 'The Monster Mash' ZZ top style :cool:

Yeh - that sounds cool

Abb
07-09-2005, 02:24 PM
me too - hard to believe I once owned 3 REM albums :eek:

Check out Less Than Jake's - Greased and Snuff's Tribute to Wannabe :D

Zigga zagga Zigga Zagga Oi Oi Oi!

oggers80
07-09-2005, 02:26 PM
A band called Guns 'n' Oatcakes (guess who they cover:rolleyes: ) do a brill version of Celine Dions Titanic theme thing. Original would not be good for rallies!

The Beer Monsters
07-09-2005, 02:28 PM

Not us, I think it was "The Mojo" at Cornbury in 2003... Or did they do S Club 7 and Dolly Parton?

Cook1e
07-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know who the band was at the Farmyard a few years back that was doing rock riffs then going into Abba?

Maggie B
07-09-2005, 02:38 PM
May have been Spank the Monkey

Its the sort of thing they would do

they are the ones who did Britney at FYP

(steps away from Abbs who is steaming like a kettle)

What about that skiffle band at FYP?

Gotta admit I do like unusual stuff that will make me laugh
The old (very old )anthems leave me cold these days

Whole lotta ropey
(the main playlist of AC/DC in fact)
Black Sadbath
Jumpin Jack Pensioner
GOLDEN ERRING ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Abb
07-09-2005, 02:40 PM
I have never ever watched any bands at the Farmyard - save a Blues band I got roped into watching this year. They were ****e as well.

Abb
Hates the Blues.

100%Pat
07-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Errrm EXCUSE ME!!!
The Farmyard Party bands may well have been crap, but the ones in the 100%BIKER MARQUEE were FECKIN EXCELLENT.... :D

Abb
07-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Errrm EXCUSE ME!!!
The Farmyard Party bands may well have been crap, but the ones in the 100%BIKER MARQUEE were FECKIN EXCELLENT.... :D

Never went in it.

Cook1e
07-09-2005, 02:49 PM
May have been Spank the Monkey
Its the sort of thing they would do
they are the ones who did Britney at FYP
(steps away from Abbs who is steaming like a kettle)
What about that skiffle band at FYP?
Gotta admit I do like unusual stuff that will make me laugh
The old (very old )anthems leave me cold these days
Whole lotta ropey
(the main playlist of AC/DC in fact)
Black Sadbath
Jumpin Jack Pensioner
GOLDEN ERRING ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

bugger - and theres me trying to get GUILTY to learn whoe lotta ropey. Shows I have been out of things for a while

Maggie B
07-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Never went in it.
I Couldn't fit in!

Stood outside in the dark & cold gazing in

Abb
07-09-2005, 02:54 PM
I Couldn't fit in!

Stood outside in the dark & cold gazing in

I remember hearing them say 'Quick, everyone stand by the door!' Was that cos you were trying to get in?

Cook1e
07-09-2005, 02:55 PM
I have never ever watched any bands at the Farmyard - save a Blues band I got roped into watching this year. They were ****e as well.

Abb
Hates the Blues.

OK Abbs what would you like to hear at rallies? - if we can please you, we can please anyone!

Abb
07-09-2005, 02:57 PM
OK Abbs what would you like to hear at rallies? - if we can please you, we can please anyone!

Punk/Oi/Ska

Pissed Indian - Madness tribute - superb.

Actually, I'm not that arsed about music at rallies - I don't go there to watch bands. If I am honest, I would probably prefer it if there were no bands on at all.

Abb
Looking forward to a weekend with mates in October where there are no bloody bands.

Cook1e
07-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Punk/Oi/Ska

Pissed Indian - Madness tribute - superb.

Actually, I'm not that arsed about music at rallies - I don't go there to watch bands. If I am honest, I would probably prefer it if there were no bands on at all.

Abb
Looking forward to a weekend with mates in October where there are no bloody bands.

Of course, I was forgetting that you used to be a scooter boy. I enjoyed the only SKA band I saw at arally on Mersea island a few years ago. Problem with that is, it had 8 members - and you dont get to cover expenses with that many people in a band!

Abb
07-09-2005, 03:01 PM
I Used To Be A Fucking What!!!!????!!!!

Cook1e
07-09-2005, 03:03 PM
I Used To Be A Fucking What!!!!????!!!!

ROFL oh, was that someone else then <giggles>

Maggie B
07-09-2005, 03:15 PM
I remember hearing them say 'Quick, everyone stand by the door!' Was that cos you were trying to get in?
Lol

Probably :D
That would be why I ended up drinking way too much southern comfort then
To drown my sorrows at not getting in the 100% biker tent
:eek:

100%Pat
07-09-2005, 03:20 PM
It was that full it sorta spread round the outside, once we mangaed to roll up the sides of the marquee ....

Bloody great it was.... :D

Oh and Cookie... A bit of Cracklin Rosie always goes down well.... :D

Grav
07-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Saw a band called Cliff Rescue And The Helicopters a few years ago, they all wore Hawaiian shirts and did Abba and Boney M songs in a heavy rock style. :D Very entertaining. :D

100%Pat
07-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Yes but you have no taste... :eek:

Grav
07-09-2005, 03:31 PM
True, all my friends are wierdos and freaks! :D

Maggie B
07-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Must live in Robin Hoods bay ! :D
See other thread

maggie

Wierd :o

100%Pat
07-09-2005, 03:35 PM
True, all my friends are wierdos and freaks! :D

Hmm I know, Ive met Chas too.... :p

Grav
07-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Hmm I know, Ive met Chas too.... :p

And such a happy wierdo he is too. Salt of the earth is Chaz. :)

Doro
12-09-2005, 05:43 PM

just found out it was STEViE who did this tune when he did a one-off gig with his old metal band 'Ironheart' last year in Reading

see I knew I'd heard it lol

Shep
12-09-2005, 06:01 PM
You may like the song Joleane, but it isnt suitable for rallies - but you would like it in the style of ZZ Top

I've heard Jolene sung at a rally. Damned if I can remember who it was, but I remember the introduction:

"Here's a song about that eternal love triangle between two men and a beautiful woman."

Then a bloke sings it........adds a whole new dimension to the song! :eek:

Shaun the Fatman
12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
It probably is appropriate if that is what you want to do. I have just had a meeting with the foundation of a new band though and we want loads of ideas for doing covers in different styles.
Britney Spears - Hit me one more time in a VERY different style has been mooted and tried - sound excellent I can tell you!
Yer it was.... I heard Nuclear Minogue do something with that toon at one of the perv rallies, and I think one of the indiepop bands (might have been Travis?) did an acoustic version hee hee. Back to the drawing board.:p

Creature
12-09-2005, 06:18 PM
but it isnt suitable for rallies

any song is suitable - and those that have seen me act the prat with the discs - know that if anyone requests a song and ive got it - i will play it - BUT I will NAME n SHAME them 1st !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

STEViE
12-09-2005, 10:10 PM
just found out it was STEViE who did this tune when he did a one-off gig with his old metal band 'Ironheart' last year in Reading

see I knew I'd heard it lol
OK ya got me banged to rights, I'll cough. Guilty as charged :D

I may even have this on the dvd that was recorded on the night :D :o :D